My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

eyedea

Baconator
Discuss the series in this thread fellow bronies!

i know some people do not understand what appeal this series holds for grown men and thats fine, to each his own!

of course females are also welcome! i just dont know the female equivalent of the word Brony

Can someone please explain, without trolling, why grown men are so interested in a show for little girls?

Do you honestly like it, or are you just trying to be hipster ironic? (Unless I get a really knock out explanation, I'm going to continue to believe the latter til the end of time.)

Can someone please explain, without trolling, why grown men are so interested in a show for little girls?

Do you honestly like it, or are you just trying to be hipster ironic? (Unless I get a really knock out explanation, I'm going to continue to believe the latter til the end of time.)
I honestly think its because they want to lure kids into their van by talking about it

ponycreed.png

Badass pics eye. I think they like it because they use a lot of elements from 90s cartoons and a lot of men, like myself, grew up in the 90s watching Dexter, Loony tunes, tinytoons, the Eds, Powerpuff girls, and etc.

I feel sorry for the tech-savvy little girls who go online and are exposed to this sad, pathetic world.

It was kind of funny at first, the idea of grown me liking a kid's show about ponies, but now it's just sad.

Discuss the series in this thread fellow bronies!

i know some people do not understand what appeal this series holds for grown men and thats fine, to each his own!

of course females are also welcome! i just dont know the female equivalent of the word Brony

Thank you for making this thread. I was originally considering weather I should start this kind of thread. You beat me to the punch or I should say in this case hoof. ;) I have been a fan of MLP since 1985 (generation 1).

cant let anybody hold us back brony, way to be down since day 1

Too right! I have been a "proto-brony" before the term "brony" is used now, about 27 years to this day. I am a collector of the figures that have been out.

* Small amount of G1
* A little bit of G2
* A few G3
* Almost all of the current G4

In addition to being a collector, I am an artist tend to draw MLP's in my own universe. I figured it would be cool and deadly if MLP's could do roundhouse kicks with there hoofs and horseshoes. If any of you are instead, perhaps sometime I can show you the artwork (all kinds of ratings).

My friends and I have a term we created for people who know a lot about unimportant things. We call that person: "King Pony."

This was started after listening to a radio show where the winning caller had to name characters from My Little Pony. We joked that this was THIS GUY'S MOMENT, that he had waited every day for this. If it was on TV, the camera would pan away from him while he was on the phone and show a room covered in My Little Pony merchandise and posters, and he would laugh like a super villain.

That was before we realized that this fandom has a real following. Oh dear.

Back