My poor car and my f'in neck.

i may have come across the wrong way. I was just giving you a hard time. The reason I knew about your hot rod is cause thats the first thing you wippersnappers do to you cars when you get them. not that its a bad thing. its just predictable. I see at least 5 of those a day in my shop. I can almost smell them coming....lol

Nah, thats alright. People make fun of my car all of the time, so I've basically gotten used to all of the, "LMFAO, YOU GOT THE SHITTY V6 VERSION?!?!" jokes by now. XD

As for the performance parts (if they can even be called that), you gotta start with the cheap stuff first, right? :P

If you get one, you gotta let me drive it. dont worry, ill keep it under 175mph

Sure thing. :)

I just hope that they're still around (or even street legal, considering that electric cars are the future) by the time I'm able to afford on, or should I say IF I'm ever able to afford one in my lifetime.

Yeah, I know, it's never gonna happen..... but I can still dream right? XD

being in the automotive business all my life i get a good look of whats to come. in the next 4 years the whole automotive industry is going through a radical change. we will have "drive by wire" where ALL your brakes will be controled electronicly as opposed to hydraulicly. Your suspension is going to have the same sort of system. All engines are going to be a 24 volt system and completely computer controlled. Its going to put a lot of people out of business if they dont get with the times and prepare for whats coming. I have seen tools used to do some of this work, and the updated tool list i would need to invest in is somewhere around $150,000. thats just in updated tools. not including your ratchets wrenches etc. thats all diagnostic stuff. we will be able to plug a diag computer into the cars computer and it will tell us everything. brake system, suspension system, exaust system, EVERYTHING. the hot rods of tomorrow are here!!! its going to be scary!!

being in the automotive business all my life i get a good look of whats to come. in the next 4 years the whole automotive industry is going through a radical change. we will have "drive by wire" where ALL your brakes will be controled electronicly as opposed to hydraulicly. Your suspension is going to have the same sort of system. All engines are going to be a 24 volt system and completely computer controlled. Its going to put a lot of people out of business if they dont get with the times and prepare for whats coming. I have seen tools used to do some of this work, and the updated tool list i would need to invest in is somewhere around $150,000. thats just in updated tools. not including your ratchets wrenches etc. thats all diagnostic stuff. we will be able to plug a diag computer into the cars computer and it will tell us everything. brake system, suspension system, exaust system, EVERYTHING. the hot rods of tomorrow are here!!! its going to be scary!!

Yeah, hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if they started developing cars that could basically drive themselves in the near future. Lexus apparently already has a feature on their cars that can allow them to parallel park themselves, so it's probably only a matter of time now before the technology is perfected.....

That drive-by-wire thing you brought up was pretty interesting. The Air Force already uses a similar technology, known as "fly-by-wire", which replaced the old analog flight system on their aircraft with a completely digital one. This system worked wonders for planes like the F-16 and the F-117, so I'm guessing that it will be this type of technology that will be implemented on our future cars.

One things for sure, though, the cars of tomorrow are going to be boring to drive (Assuming we'll even be able to drive them at all). No more manually shifting through the gears... and no more listening to your engine rev, since it'll no longer have the internal combustion engine. :(

Yeah, hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if they started developing cars that could basically drive themselves in the near future. Lexus apparently already has a feature on their cars that can allow them to parallel park themselves, so it's probably only a matter of time now before the technology is perfected.....

That drive-by-wire thing you brought up was pretty interesting. The Air Force already uses a similar technology, known as "fly-by-wire", which replaced the old analog flight system on their aircraft with a completely digital one. This system worked wonders for planes like the F-16 and the F-117, so I'm guessing that it will be this type of technology that will be implemented on our future cars.

One things for sure, though, the cars of tomorrow are going to be boring to drive (Assuming we'll even be able to drive them at all). No more manually shifting through the gears... and no more listening to your engine rev, since it'll no longer have the internal combustion engine. :(

actually the airplane reference you make is where all this shit is coming from. those weekends spending on workin on your carburator and throwin a cam in real quick are going to be long gone real quick. Its really really sad for me. cause im an old school hot rod kinda guy. I have this conspiracy theory that "big brother" is going to be able to watch us in our cars now. kinda scarey.

bmw actually has a feature that will actually drive the car BY ITSELF in traffic. its already out and working. Ive used it. its really trippy. there are sensors in the front and rear bumper that measure the distance of the car in front/back and adjust accordingly. I absolutly hate the idea of me not having control of the car so its not something that tickled my fancy but........to each his own. i have actually had a mechanic of mine play around with that lexus paralell parkiong feature only to almost crash into another car. New rules at my shop........NO PLAYING WITH THE BUTTONS IN THE CARS. DRIVE IT IN FIX IT, TEST DRIVE IT, PARK IT!

Back