My Soul Calibur collection

impressive collection!

I think I know one other guy that have CLOSE to your collection...

the only thing I have that can't be bought is a Soul Calibur 4 key chain with maxi nunchucks that were given to me when producer of SC came to Hong Kong.

other than that we have HKN in Hong Kong who actually MAKES SC models and kubick models.

-LAU

Well all I have are 2 banners, 20+ posters and like.. that's it. :( Lol.

I'd trade you some for that faceplate :P

How did you get hold of the faceplate anyway? I've never heard of them until reading this thread today.

I don't think I'll trade the faceplates, Shen, sorry. I got them in the dealers' room at a gaming convention.

I JUST realized what the extra connectors on the Soul Calibur 1 boards must do.

This!
Now to try hooking up some random monitors to see if I can make that work...

Edit: Never mind. Some other time.

I really got a kick out of the Arcade marquees. It's funny that Soul Calibur reads, "Life-Like Violence Strong" then the SC3 Arcade Edition reads, "Life-like violence Mild." Kind of cool to see how we start desensitizing.

I don't think I'll trade the faceplates, Shen, sorry. I got them in the dealers' room at a gaming convention.

I JUST realized what the extra connectors on the Soul Calibur 1 boards must do.

This!
Now to try hooking up some random monitors to see if I can make that work...

Edit: Never mind. Some other time.

I never seen that LED thing wow...

-LAU

I really got a kick out of the Arcade marquees. It's funny that Soul Calibur reads, "Life-Like Violence Strong" then the SC3 Arcade Edition reads, "Life-like violence Mild." Kind of cool to see how we start desensitizing.

Heh. Funny how that works...

Wow, that is an amazing collection. I do have a couple things I didn't see that you might be interested in.

I have the Xbox, PS2, and GC wallscrolls for SC2. They are a bit wrinkled from them being made of paper and me having to move a couple times since I've had them.

I have an SC2 keychain that I got for placing at regionals.

A used and abused SC2 Hori for PS2

And I have the SC3 T-shirt still in it's package. It's the white shirt with Ivy on the front.

Let me know if you are interested. I don't have a need for them.

I'd give you $50 for the shirt and the keychain, but I'd feel weird about taking the keychain if it was a prize.

I just bought an SC3 t-shirt a couple weeks ago. It has Nightmare, Zasalamel and Tira on it. It was vacuum-shrunk into a five-sided little brick when I got it. I opened it, but that fucker is terminally wrinkled. I'm about ready to take it to a professional cleaner.

I also have some :

SC I arcade posters (4/set).. I spent too much in the arcade and the owner might have felt guilty and gave these to me... XD

3591478615_e854066179_o.jpg

3591478541_87d096da90_o.jpg

3592285430_b95bb19c8f_o.jpg

3591478565_43c93524b3_o.jpg

A gift from an authorized Hong Kong comics. The comics was rubbish which I threw away, but this is good..

3592285320_6035bf4741_o.jpg

This is what Lau has mentioned above, one of the small toys I modified. I made these as HK players' forum avatars. Have posted in the fanart section, but since this is not official, no much ppl may have seen and have interest right?

3538648132_d07ae6a952.jpg

Just in case you are interested, there are a few more:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828244@N03/

Also some threads of Hong Kong forum with radom SC stuff:
http://arcade.fightclub.com.pk/forums/showthread.php?t=149187&page=1&pp=20
http://arcade.fightclub.com.pk/forums/showthread.php?t=216288

o.O... speechless.. nice SC collection. So what are people's impressions when they enter your home? About how much did you spend on everything?

This has become a pretty good community thread now, but I'll assume you're talking to me. I have no idea what I've spent on everything. To figure it out would probably be depressing. What do visitors think? Well, except for the arcade machine, everything else is pretty easy to ignore. It doesn't take up a lot of space. The machine is huge, but one or two arcade machines isn't unheard of for a geek my age. Most people go with something more generic like Pac-Man or Donkey Kong, though. My machine is a work in progress, really. I'm always looking to upgrade it. In the very near future, I need a better power supply and some cooling fans. It's a money pit. Good thing I'm okay with that.

Phil, you have a nice collection there. Quite a few rare stuff and nice to see a Soul Calibur fan collection for a change. A bunch of people I know at work have built arcade machines but mostly retro Pac Man era games like you mentioned.

Anyways, here are some photos of the imported PVC Soul Calibur III Ivy figure that Ditto mentioned above by EBcraft. It's sitting on my desk shelf.

24b9fyh.jpg
omwli.jpg
2nulh8i.jpg

The overall quality and build is pretty good. Not as detailed as some other figures I've seen. The stand doesn't support the figure very well causing the figure to lean and fall forward over time. (Thats why I had to slip in a piece of plastic as wedge underneath the feet to keep it upright). Her weapon can be fitted with a blade attachment or the whip snakesword (shown) which is made of brass. The face could have been sculpted better but its modeled after SCIII concept art:

k3kwnm.jpg
2vkjhpl.jpg
ir24wp.jpg

But I did wish they put a bit more detail to the face like this figure - Rachel from Ninja Gaiden.
14xnz7k.jpg

Needless to say I think it would be very provacative to see a SCIV version of Ivy made as a figure, if they ever come out with one. Now if only someone would make a nice SCIV Astaroth figure...

Wow very nice figure of Ivy. It would be nice if they made something similar for Taki or Setsuka.

Nice, I have a SC2 three sided cardboard standee but it's currently in storage since I have no room for it. I also have these two wallscrolls for sc2 that I got from EBGames after harassing them daily. (see attached)

Attachments

• sc2wallscroll.jpg
    sc2wallscroll.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 266
Man, PhilBond, if I would have known you had this stuff a year back I would have been buggin you to send me some files from that SC3:AE disc, I was really into hacking SC2 and SC3, modding the game and such back then.

I eventually got my hands on a copy of the SC3:AE ver. C disc that someone sent me online, which I wanted so that I could port all the movesets onto the PS2 version. It didn't go so well. I managed to get Amy, Hwang, and Li Long from AE fully playable on the PS2, but for some reason I wasn't able to port the movesets from the other AE characters...

I also wanted to port Amy's 2P costume to the PS2 version, but that didn't work out either. I did however get Inferno on there.

I never really did find out why only some of the movelists/models were able to be transferred to PS2 properly..

Dude, Show me either a picture or video of inferno in soul calibur 3 AE PLEASE!

Back