Namco Announces the Release Date of SC2HD

• Admin
So after the long wait, Namco-Bandai has finally announced the release date of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online! We've been wondering for months now, since the game was announced back in July; but we finally know it will be coming out on November 20... in Europe. Will the US release date match it? Who knows. This information was not announced on any press releases, or given to any news outlets; so the release date may have been released prematurely.

In addition to the release date, the full Achievement/Trophy list has been found on the Xbox Live servers and can be viewed here. Pretty basic stuff... No word on the price yet.

*UPDATE* Namco's Soulcalibur Facebook page officially confirms the release date as "Worldwide".

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Still waiting for answer as to why PSN has to pay more than XBL in the UK, what the hell is that.

Shoot I'm gonna be playing this game more even if I get the ps4. That's just how much I love soul calibur.

The week of November 20th onward is going to be a damn busy one! O_o;;

That and I'm also getting my wisdom teeth taken out in 2 weeks... on November 19th...

I wasn´t going to do it, but in the end I went back to this game (Xbox version) to practice and prepare for HD, and I found something I forgot...

No versus battle mode (well, yeah, but for two players, no one player against CPU).

This game, also SC3, Broken Destiny doesn´t have it neither... Something so basic and yet...

Do you think they will add this single and basic mode in the new version? Geez, Why I can´t fight against who I want in the stage I want?

I just use Arcade and Extra Arcade for prac.

Go into Practice or Extra Prac mode and you can fight the AI where you want (but no life bar).

They may add it though, we'll know in one week.

Ok, sorry but I havn't been following the thread completely. Have they given a US date yet or are we still waiting?

I just saw this trailer. Is it as same as the US version?
I'm still looking forward a improved version of SC2:HDO. yea... I know the chance is low.

Yep, it's mostly the same.

There's an option in the audio menu for Japanese/English.

I did hear that in the JP version that if you create a room the same 2 playas can keep playin (imstead of makin a room everytime). We'll see if this true & if it gets patched into the other regions after the release.

Yep, it's mostly the same.

There's an option in the audio menu for Japanese/English.

I did hear that in the JP version that if you create a room the same 2 playas can keep playin (imstead of makin a room everytime). We'll see if this true & if it gets patched into the other regions after the release.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201401/28047213.html
●気になる細かな仕様もチェック!

オンラインモードである“フリーマッチ”の“クイックマッチ”では対戦終了後に“再戦”もできる。同じ相手とならマッチングを待たずして対戦が可能だ。ま た、“クリエイトマッチ”では友だちを招待する“プライベートマッチ”の項目を“ON”にすることで、一度対戦が終っても立て続けに“再戦”をすることが できるぞ。

Yes, that must be where my friend heard/read about it.

Google Translate:
"Small specifications to be worried about check!

It is also "rematch" the match after the end in "quick match" of "free match", which is the online mode. VS is it possible without waiting matching if the same party. Also, be to the "ON" the items in the invite "private match" friends than "create match", it is possible to make a "rematch" in quick succession battle even ends once."

What if a JP playa plays a US playa?

You'd think they would patch this into the other regions (especially the PS3 versions as it's only gonna be on PS3 in JP), on or before the JP release date.

Who knows, it might happen, but lets see if it does once it comes out on the JP PSN over there on their release date (or later), seems x-bros get left out again (if possible). >_>

Namco didn't say there was an update, we hope there might be an update (we don't know but are hopin).

Back