Namco Gets Serious! Pot Bonuses at WB6 and FR15!

One of Namco's key talking points in the development of Soul Calibur V has been their desire to support the tournament community after the release of the game. With the interaction between 8WayRun, FilthieRich and Project Soul being constant, the next logical step would be for Namco to provide direct support to the community run events.

This morning, I got some news that was nothing short of an amazing surprise. Interested? Read On!

Early this morning, Final Round Tournament Organizer ShinBlanka posted in the Final Round Tournament thread some astounding news!

***DOJO MOJO FRXV NEWS REPORT***
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and it's the start of the new tournament season in the Fighting Game Community. With the New Year comes New Hype and Big E Gaming and FINAL ROUND LLC are teaming up to get the season started on the right note! WinterBrawl 6 (Feb 18 and 19 of 2012 in Philadelphia, Pa.) will be an Official Qualifier tournament for FINAL ROUND XV (March 2, 3, and 4 of 2012 in Atlanta, Ga.) in SOULCALIBUR V where the top 16 players at Winter Brawl 6 will recieve seeding at FINAL ROUND XV. The winners of the SOULCALIBUR V tournament will recieve free badge and tournament entry at FINAL ROUND XV. Big E Gaming will provide the winner of SOULCALIBUR V a round trip flight to compete in the main event at FINAL ROUND XV. In addition to the SOULCALIBUR V qualifiers/tournaments, players and spectators will also be able to play the newest version of TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 on an official Arcade Cabinet at Winter Brawl 6 and FINAL ROUND XV. Reserve your tickets now and "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE".

Special thanks to our Sponsor NAMCO BANDAI Games for supporting the FGC at our events as they will be providing a $1000 prize bonus to the SOULCALIBUR V tournament at Winter Brawl 6 and $5000 prize bonus to SOULCALIBUR V at FINAL ROUND XV! "The lifespan of any competitive game is all about quality of the games and the community behind it. All we want to do is to be supportive of of these tournaments, organizers and most of all the players - " says NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager Rich "FilthieRich" Bantegui . Don't miss out on either one of these amazing events and start the new tournament season off with a HUGE BANG! Both events will be here before you know it, so start planning to attend both of these great events in the FGC! Online pre-registration are live for both events.

So, to summarize the need to know points:
  • 1000$ Pot Bonus to Winter Brawl
  • Top 16 at Winter Brawl are seeded for Final Round XV
  • The Winners (Top 2? Top 3? Unsure as of now- Will update!) of Winter Brawl will receive a round trip flight to compete in SC5 at Final Round XV
  • 5000$ Pot Bonus to Final Round XV
  • "The lifespan of any competitive game is all about quality of the games and the community behind it. All we want to do is to be supportive of of these tournaments, organizers and most of all the players." -FilthieRich
  • Both of these events are seeding events for EVO2012!
  • BigE and ShinBlanka are muthafucking G's
  • Get Hype!!!!!!!!!!
Winter Brawl Info and Contacts

Tournament Thread
NEC Gaming
Winter Brawl Online Registration
Hotel Reservations

Final Round Info and Contacts

Tournament Thread
Final Round Website
Final Round XV Online Registration
Hotel Reservations
Event Schedule*

*Tekken 6 has been moved to Saturday and the top 8 will be streamed on Sunday

Special Thanks to Tocool who rushed the banner out at 6:45am, being up randomly!

Holy shit! $5000???!!! Biggest prize money I've ever seen for ANY SC tourney. Well besides that SC2 Vgames nationwide tourney with the promised $10,000 grand prize that turned out to be a scam lol. Good shit Namco! I have a feeling Final Round will have some huge numbers for SC5 entries. Mick and RTD will hit the lab like never before lol.

I was just thinking, this is the biggest amount since Vgames- it's so funny to see it mentioned here. Vgames is the first tourney i ever traveled for! lol..

Hype levels rising.

I was just thinking, this is the biggest amount since Vgames- it's so funny to see it mentioned here. Vgames is the first tourney i ever traveled for! lol..

Hype levels rising.

LOL first tourney I every traveled for was Evo2k4, the same year of the Vgames tourney. If I recall correctly, we had our Vgames tourneys in 4 cities in CA about a month after Evo2k4. Crow I remember meeting you at the first SC3 major tourney in NM the next year lol. The good old days. Well thanks to Namco, they will continue!

It's so good to see Soul Calibur getting that Namco love that in the past was usually reserved for Tekken.

The lifespan of any competitive game is all about quality of the games and the community behind it. All we want to do is to be supportive of of these tournaments, organizers and most of all the players.

...Salute.

Wow, best news I have heard all week. Simply because I would have never put faith in Namco supporting SCV like this, especially when TTT2 isn't even out yet for these tournaments.

Nothing beats a free trip to a tournament, nothing....good shit FilthieRich.

i never thought that i'd consider going to ATL.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...well that amount of "legit" money surely didn't exist back in 2003. 0_0

OMG V-Gayumz was asssssss. ROFLMFAO.

WOW! Thanks Namco!! FilthieRich is doing a fine job there!
Money = Motivation
Motivation = Quality Time Playing
Quality Time Playing = Raise Skill+ Competitiveness
Raise Skill+Competitiveness = Awesome Matches
Awesome Matches = INCREDIBLE FUN TO PLAY!

"This is a monumental achievement!
FilthieRich and Project Soul will unite the Soul Calibur FGC."
--So says Mr. Diaz

Cannes WGC is Feb 17-19 (shame both comps are the same weekend).

But on the bright side, people will have plenty of Soulcalibur V action to check out that weekend. It's going to be interesting to see who comes out on top in their respective tournaments.

Ohhhh, goddamn! SCV is looking sooooo promising. I know I'm buying a PS3 and Xbox 360 version just to do my part on the sales.
I'm getting back into the tournement scene for this one. Need to stack my bread for these future trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back