Namco x Capcom - An Emulator Story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3wis_1337

[08] Mercenary
Okay, I don't know if any of you are aware but once apon a time, Namco and Capcom put their heads together (back in 2005) to come up with a wonderful concept for a crossover tactical RPG-

Namco_capcom.jpg

Issue is, it was never released outside of the middle east, which means unless we all undertake extensive Japanese lessons, we're never going to be able to enjoy this fine game without some form of difficulty.

However, recently I downloaded a PS2 emulator with multiple plugins and .bin files, and an .iso image for Namco x Capcom that has been translated into English (somewhat) successfully.

Now, i'm using an emulator called PCPSX2 (v.0.9.8), and I have a ram capacity of about 2gb, yet I can't get the game to run without extreme lag and difficulty, video images and sound patches appear grainy and broken, and whenever I input an in-game command it takes about 1-3 seconds to actually execute...

What i'm asking, 8way, is does anyone happen to be a whiz with PS2 emulators? Or knows of a better emulator than PCPSX2? Let me know ASAP as I am ridiculously hyped up to play this game... D:

2GB isn't that much anymore (your computer might be dated), but I'd put more weight in processor speed. Is it just lag or is the game speed about 1/4th of what it should be too? I think you're under estimating the processing power of what it takes to emulate last gen games.

2GB isn't that much anymore (your computer might be dated), but I'd put more weight in processor speed. Is it just lag or is the game speed about 1/4th of what it should be too? I think you're under estimating the processing power of what it takes to emulate last gen games.
Yeah the game speed is pretty slow, and just about everything else lags about it...

I've been told that emulating a PS2 requires alot more effort than PSX, but i'm kinda looking for a quick and relatively cheap way around all this?

Additionally, do you know anything about overclocking the CPU?

There must be a million guides to overclocking by now. I'm not the guy to ask though. Some hardware is built with over clocking in mind other hardware is not.

Honestly; if you have a slim PS2, you should just invest in Swap Magic and burn the iso. Save you less of a hassle. :) There are ways to do it with a Phat PS2 as well; however, a bit tricker. :p

There must be a million guides to overclocking by now. I'm not the guy to ask though. Some hardware is built with over clocking in mind other hardware is not.

I'll browse google for an accurate guide sometime, cheers man

Honestly; if you have a slim PS2, you should just invest in Swap Magic and burn the iso. Save you less of a hassle. :) There are ways to do it with a Phat PS2 as well; however, a bit tricker. :p

Think i'll save a bit of money and get a ps2 slim then, its very much a necessity for me that I play this game...

Discussion is piracy is not permitted here at 8wayrun...

That being said... Namco X Capcom is not a good game.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back