[11] Champion
Great tournament turnout guys! (~100 participants) Results are below:

1st - Nofacekiller
2nd - Alex 'Popoff King' J.
3rd - Xeph
4th - Signia
5th - Hates, Snort
7th - Genver, Cedric

Give your shoutouts in this thread! Again, good seeing everyone, and hope to see you all again (and actually have more dedicated casual gatherings, we need to organize more dammit lol).

My shoutouts:

Nyawu for saving mine and IFB's butts by housing us. Thank you 100x. Like I said, I got you covered if you come to EVO.

Genver for doing SFcalibur proud and getting out of pool A after losing first round! That shit was gauntlet-status sir, and recorded on stream for everyone to see.

Xeph for knocking me out of winners with style lol. Damn shame that I didn't get to fight you a whole lot more. We'll fix that shit soon enough.

Soakrates for putting up with my salt on the way home. Haha.

KrayzieCD: Do you believe in the power of thrash-talk Alex J. now? =p Good seeing you again sir.

Alex J. for single-handedly turning SC5 GF to Norcal vs Socal. That shit was mad hype. I won't say anything more about the NM matchup though. /trollmodestatus

Hates/Brian for sharing some new perspective on the game post-patch. We should talk some more, since I'm stuck in a similar predicament in my thoughts on how to level-up (I was free to movement, yet I can't move).

Manta: Two words: I'm. Sorry. Jeff says the same thing too.

Snort: Idk if you post here but if you see this, know that you are mad legit and put the fear of Viola back in me again. I honestly thought this matchup was easy and I had Viola down pat -- how wrong I was. Thanks for the casuals after the tournament -- defo' gave me stuff to think about.

Norcal-at-large Glad to still call this place my hometown. All of y'all were fun to hang out with. To the peeps I know, I'd like to think I'm getting better but I need to be less free to shit. I promise come Evo that I'll be a legit threat.

Sorry if I missed anyone -- too tired to think and flying out at 6am. Bah. Work.

Shout outs to top 8! Esp to Genver, man you were solid. And good to see you again Sora.

GGs to everybody else I played in the tournament. Rip, always good to see you, and floe, even though you prob don't play this game as much, it's was cool to finally play you.

For casuals, it was nice playing people I never played against, (even if I totally played like a scrub.). Zig, Kane, Bane, etc... and ofcourse all the norcal fokes.

I'd also like to give a special shoutout to Duenas and Cynan for running brackets (is there a possiblity of uploading the full transcript of the brackets btw?). Esp for Gene since if he didn't call for two setups last min we may of had deal with only 2 calibur setups for the tournament.

And finally, I'll leave with these great moments:
passed out despite 300 people around him shouting. Good shit.
2012-03-24213026.jpg

Genver in his natural environment, calling out for sidebets (who handed him the notepad? lol) for cedric vs alex
2012-03-24205257.jpg

What happened to Aris? I think I saw him play Mitsu once on stream. Did he leave the serious sc stage for sake of... whatever he's doing now.

i know aris lost to genver toward the end. probably tied for 9th. idk, though.

you guys had a great stream. i didn't even watch the mlg finals because i was so sick of the commercial breaks after EVERY SINGLE SET and was running my pc to my TV, and i couldn't do any sort of tolerable resolution. i switched to NCR and bam...good matches, good commentary from soak and aris, high resolution with no skipping and zero commercials.

ggs to everyone I played, I wish I got in more casuals at nyawus / ncr and met more people, also wish I could remember everybodys names lol that I met in the downstairs lobby console at ncr on saturday, was fun playing yall, hit me up on psn, hope to see everybody at the next big tourney, ill be doing some traveling for some local tourneys too, so I may be back sooner than later

btw alexj, u inspire a new level of trollyness in me, good shit man, was a pleasure watching u in action lol definitely made NCR finals exactly as hype as I wanted it to be

What happened to Aris? I think I saw him play Mitsu once on stream. Did he leave the serious sc stage for sake of... whatever he's doing now.

Genver had to fight Aris to make it to losers finals in Pool A where he then had to face Tomahawk who also uses Mitsu. Lots of Mitsu action was on the stream on Saturday.

And Aris was fucking awesome on the commentary on Sunday. I can't wait to go back and rewatch it.

Glad to meet everyone and get some perspective. Seein xeph and snort play gave me a lot to think about for my characters. Wish I coulda played ceirn and alex. I got a LOT of labbing to do but I feel this trip was actually more educational than evo for me. Hopefully there's vids I wanna watch snots set ups and sadly I never got to see ceirns viola get started so hoping there's pool play somewhere.

Man, I really wanted that 10k invitational lol.

Shout outs:

Genver: Good job man, no one thought you would be raping like that.

Hates: Thanks for yelling some sense into me mid match haha.

Sora: Thanks for cheering so hard you loss your voice.

Soakrates: Solid commentating.

Qdogg: You brought it hard at that tourney, big respects.

Xeph: Super solid playing man, it's always a pleasure hanging out with you.

IvyFanboy: Was fun chilling with you.

Seattle Crew: It was a pleasure to meet you guys. All of you dudes were super chill and fun to hang out with.

Greatone: It was cool to finally meet you, you had some great stories to tell. Also your ability to sleep is pretty amazing.

Sweets: Nice meeting you man, too bad you and greatone didn't enter though. You guys probably would of done pretty well.

Zig: You still owe me a rap battle.

Spman: "Genver is free" lol

KingSalmon: Move to Norcal

Motempest: That was coldblooded how you went into training mode vs Xiba right before our match haha.

Signia: Sorry I couldn't of mm'd you later, I felt like total ass later that day.

NoFaceKiller: Please don't kill me.

Alex you were the best at top 8 man. If you didn't hype it up the capcom audience would of been staying quiet and ignoring sc. Most exciting sc5 finals imo.

What chars were used in the top 8? And congrats to all the placers, hopefully xeph and hate used the pirate

1st - Nofacekiller - Ivy, NM
2nd - Alex 'Popoff King' J. - Xiba, Leix
3rd - Xeph - Asta
4th - Signia - Mitsu
5th - Hates, Snort - Cervy, NM / Viola
7th - Genver, Cedric - Mitsu / Viola

those are all i saw, anyway. it made me sad to see both hates and noface switch over to NM.

Back