futurezen
17th
WillGetPaid
25th
Withvees
25th
koompbala

Congrats to the placers.

BEST AVERAGE PLACER! ULTIMATE CHAMPION HERE! And stuff. We'll ignore the fact that I got my shit pushed in during GFs--the monitor was cold and my hands had lag.

Thanks to everybody who made it out, and special congratulations to the two winners.

Finally well-rested after getting home yesterday so it is time for muh shoutouts:

Zane: Thank you very much for the ride to the tournament/the place to stay man. We had so much fun messing around at the tournament lol. We also had a great time travelling together as usual. Hope we can do more travelling in the future. PS: GET FUCKED.

Hates: <---- Highest average placer in both games!! You are one of the funniest guys ever (The roulette joke lol!) Your SC2 play was inspirational, you looked like a total pro even though you almost never play. Nice seeing you again!

Alex: Another really well run tournament hosted by Alex J. Thanks man! Many of these events wouldn't have been possible without you, thank you for taking your time and organizing these things. PS: Your SC2 Spawn play wwas inspiring.

Signia: Insignia of the horde!! It's a shame you have school and you won't be to travel much anymore:/. Nonetheless, it was great seeing you another time man. We always end up having a good time.

Harry: Thanks for the controller man, you really saved my ass. We had a good time this weekend. I hope to see you at a future tournament sometime, we always have a good time chilling together.

KrayzieCD: YO!!! It was great seeing you again man! You had amazing play in SC2 for somebody who almost never practices. Keep it up, I enjoy watching you play both games.

Wu: Not only did you provide the stream equipment and everything, you did a great job running the tournament, + you donated the pot bonus man. Major props to you, thanks for helping out the community.

Withvees: Nice seeing you travel to your first tourney man, always great seeing new player's faces. Hope you can travel to more in the future.

Manta: Nice seeing you again man, crazy that it's been almost a whole year. I KNOW I OWE YOU CASUALS MAN. Sorry about that, but the other games were so loud + the set-ups were taken away. I'll pay you back next time :D

Snort: Didn't get to talk to you or play soem casuals with you but I did end up commentating some of your matches. Good stuff man, your ZWEI play was really impressive.

Mark0ed: Didn't get to talk to you or play you either but thanks for coming all the way from LA and repping Team socal!!

I wanna give a BIGGGGGGG shoutout to everyone for helping me out. You guys are dabes. I deeply apologize if I inconvenienced any of you. The tourney was pretty dope. Blue, don't fuck up that controller nub.

Guess i'll do a quick shout out as well. To everyone i played there, and everyone who attended in general, in case i forget names because i know i'm terrible with them. Congratulations to the winners first of all, Blueboy and Aris, as well as everyone who helped run and organize the event, without you this wouldnt be possible. Wish i could have stayed longer but my brother was the one driving, would have been nice to get some more games with everyone.

Dr. Crimson Rain- It was great finally getting to play you offline, and considering you havent played in a while you still did pretty well. Hopefully next time we can play some Marvel too, shame we couldnt find a PS3 set up for the game.

MarKOd- Good games on our match, it's not everyday you get to see Damp and ZWEI on the stream. Maybe at the next event i wont have to leave so soon and we can play some casuals. Our matches are always interesting, considering we got two of the wonkiest character.

Manta- Your Voldo was one of the match ups i was dreading going up against, but good games still and nice work in the tourney. Those were some tense matches.

Zane- Finally got that runback, i was hoping we'd get to play again. Great ZWEI as always but that Cervy definitely caught me off guard. I barely managed to get by with Viola, but the ZWEI rematch was the highlight for me.

Alex-It figures that you'd be the one to take me out of the tournament. Makes me think that i should have went with Hilde just to get the offline experience and see how i'd fare with her. Either way thanks for just being a cool person and encouraging me to play, whether its offline or on. Being relatively new, it's nice to have that kind of support. Especially when i was kind of a douche starting out on here, but i'm trying to work on that.

I went here accomplishing one of my main goals, just to see if i had gotten a little better, which i think i have. I'm not the winner this time, but watching yourself steadily improve is a reward in itself. Not to mention being able to support the scene in whatever small way i can. This is a game and a series i love playing and i'll do what i can to see it thrive, even if it's something as basic as attending when i can or watching when it's on stream.

Last edited:
So many ppl to mention, I know its been a while but damn this tourny was fun.....
Snort: It doesn't happen often enough but we need some more Damp vs ZWEI and next time it wont be 3-0 xD
AlexJ: Always a pleasure to see ya and I know i didn't do as well as I hoped but ya did give help me out and I think I would have been far worse if ya didn't, so thank you.
Ben: We played a bit and it was a blast, we should have played more but thats what future tournies are for, I hope to see ya and play ya again.
Zane: Your always fun to talk to dude, even if we don't talk that much, it was great to see ya and to see your cousin (I believe you mentioned it was your cousin, sry memory is a bit foggy right now.)
BBB: Congrats! Amazing Pat as always, congrats again!
Manta: The best Voldo ever! IMO, its always amazing on how Voldo can be played and it is always an honor to play against ya, and I hope to do it again sometime. To your partner that was with ya the whole time, it was a pleasure to meet ya.
Signia: Only got to play with ya for a little SC2 and I think i want to try it out for a bit, so thanks for the casual play, nice seeing again.

To the rest of the folks I got to play with: I sincerely apologize that I don't remember your names right now but it was fun, I'm always happy to meet new ppl and it was great meeting all of you!

I know I have to work harder so I can keep up with some of ya and I will, I know im not the only Damp trying to make it to the top but I will try to be the best Damp around!
Congrats again to Blue!!
SoCal Forever!

Back