NEC Raphael impressions

If you manage to make them freeze afterwards (easier than you think due to prep K being the spin kick now) then you're at a good range for SE K to hit. And it WILL hit, nobody is gonna duck with Evade A and B being so damn good. Yoshi said it himself while I was playing Woahhzz, all 3 buttons are very strong out of SE.

Kowtow: Is going from SE to neutral ever a viable (the speed that you're able to do so?)
I figure at the range outside where SE K will connect has a bit of an ambiguity to whether Raph should just do the predictable SE A for advantage or retreat, as opposed to a damage mixup for low+grab/mids

Kowtow: Is going from SE to neutral ever a viable (the speed that you're able to do so?)
I figure at the range outside where SE K will connect has a bit of an ambiguity to whether Raph should just do the predictable SE A for advantage or retreat, as opposed to a damage mixup for low+grab/mids

I guess it could be, but the moves out of SE are so good, it'd hardly be necessary. Your mixup is already strong there.

EDIT: oh OUTSIDE of SE K range? I'm not sure, depends on how aggressive they wanna get I guess lol.

It's SoCal Regionals that's having the next build, right? I can't find any info in the SRK thread and there's just straight up no thread for it here. I've got a friend in San Diego that might check it out.

I was watching the match vs Patroklos and it looked like while you were trying to space him from the 2A, wrB, you could have done a 3A (ebony stock or SCIV prepA) to beat his move he kept striking you with after the wrB. It looked like he wised up quick to the prep as well.

I was watching the match vs Patroklos and it looked like while you were trying to space him from the 2A, wrB, you could have done a 3A (ebony stock or SCIV prepA) to beat his move he kept striking you with after the wrB. It looked like he wised up quick to the prep as well.

Probably, I could have done a lot of things differently lol. Like not falling for gimmicky 6bbb delays into CH pop'n fresh. I got completely run over for 4 straight rounds after winning the first game. But it IS still day 2 stuff, and not even in the truest sense of the word, since we had no practice mode really. More like old school arcade day 2 status, where you just cobble shit together and try anything you can to win on the spot.

3a is a move I would have liked to try out more, just like I should have tried more 33k,b. Nothin I can do now though, just gotta wait for the game like everyone else.

Probably, I could have done a lot of things differently lol. Like not falling for gimmicky 6bbb delays into CH pop'n fresh. I got completely run over for 4 straight rounds after winning the first game. But it IS still day 2 stuff, and not even in the truest sense of the word, since we had no practice mode really. More like old school arcade day 2 status, where you just cobble shit together and try anything you can to win on the spot.

3a is a move I would have liked to try out more, just like I should have tried more 33k,b. Nothin I can do now though, just gotta wait for the game like everyone else.
6BB is legendary :)

oh wow, i thought that was a 6ABB or something, i really haven't been paying much attention to patroklos though, I've just been analyzing Raphael and Nightmare for the most part, but mainly Raphael.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't prep 2 (SE) and prep 214 (retreat aGI) conflict a little ? Sometimes you want to retreat and you execute too slow and you get SE instead (which isn't a bad stance but still not what you wanted).

Maybe the aGI should just be prep4

I thought about that but not if they made shadow evade a command like A+K or B+K during prep. or just be really masterful and careful, lol.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't prep 2 (SE) and prep 214 (retreat aGI) conflict a little ? Sometimes you want to retreat and you execute too slow and you get SE instead (which isn't a bad stance but still not what you wanted).

Maybe the aGI should just be prep4

It did a couple of times actually, now that you mention it. But as long as I did the 214 quickly it usually wasn't a problem.

is the window pretty big for 214 aGi, because to gaurd impact a move the input is a bit unnatural for an aGi if done on reflex.

If the command was just prep4, then it could be pretty doable if the frames are early enough (like aGI starting from frame 3 or 5.

The window felt large enough, but that seems to go for many auto GI moves. Something like Pyrrah's A+B is sort of a problem I feel, since it's basically a meterless GI now that nobody else has access to without doing an actual attack. Even if the recovery is huge, the recovery for traditional GI is large anyway. So that's not a sufficient enough weakness, imo. It's also automatic damage for a successful A+B impact, not on the bullshit SC3 level of damage, but enough to make it a real threat. Hopefully they've already taken a look at this move, or a lot of people will pick her for that move alone.

That being said, yes the window seems fairly large lol. I wish I had time to test and see if anything was guaranteed after, but oh well. Again if anyone plays in Cali, and you've got time to test, see if a successful auto GI gives you something like 6a,b back into prep for free, since I couldn't find any other real use for that move lol.

you tweet them :) while remaining polite of course.

Obviously i'm sure a few of the devs may have had a cursory inspection of this subforum, but it doesn't hurt to tastefully remind them with a tweet.

That 1A does no damage anymore but in the end it's better to get away from things like that. I like the push-back on 3B and I'm curious to see exactly how much advantage CH 3A give.

Kowtow, so Prep K can RO like usual if it hits? Does this mean Prep K BE can't chain if Prep K hits?

The EX ender on prep K connects with the first hit regardless, and does really nice damage. If this winds up beating a 2a interrupt or something, it's gonna beat it HARD. But we'll see what happens. It appears to RO, but I didn't actually pull it off. I'm actually wondering if the EX version can launch over short walls, given the angle it hits them at.

Back