Next Gen Fight Sticks

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
Have they said anything about fight sticks coming out for the XB1 and PS4? I've gotten to the point where I can't stand using the controller for fighters anymore and with Killer Instinct being a launch (I think?) title I'm hoping they have something out there for me to use.

Your saying you can get a quality fight stick for $100 on PS4? I might have to switch sides just for that. We were talking about the Killer Instinct TE2 stick for XBone which costs $200.

http://store.madcatz.com/categories/specialty-controllers-category/Killer-Instinct-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-for-Xbox-One.html?scid=madcatzsite
oh, my bad. i think all sticks at the moment are $200 dollars. i think we just need to wait it out and madcatz will pull the price down. makes no sense that you are gonna put in half the price of the console for a stick. and then you still gotta buy the games as well. and might have to pay to play online.

Damn, now if only Micro$oft would change their policy on that the way they did everything else.

Here's SkullGirls developer and former MvC2 pro Mike Z's on the PS4 allowing devs to make older sticks work on their games.

Mike_Z said:
I've been a game developer for over ten years, and I'd certainly invest the time necessary to ensure the peripherals owned by the vast majority of my players will work rather than require that people buy a new console, my game, AND a new stick. Especially if it would take, say, less than a week of work...but I can only even invest that time on the single console that gives me the option to have older sticks work.

I would also advise any company I'm consulting for to do the same - a bigger playerbase is never a bad thing, and you're more likely to sell a copy of the game to someone who can use an input device they already own. It's easier to stomach a $60 or $20 game than a $200 stick.

That's not to say that there are game companies run by people who don't think that way, but they wouldn't continue to if it indicated they may lose money. If SG2 were to support this and SF5 didn't that would be news, and at the very least I'd bet SSF5 would add it.

Here's SkullGirls developer and former MvC2 pro Mike Z's on the PS4 allowing devs to make older sticks work on their games.
He talks about SG2 and SSF5 allowing it but wouldn't the option to use an older stick be up to the console maker rather than the game maker?

He talks about SG2 and SSF5 allowing it but wouldn't the option to use an older stick be up to the console maker rather than the game maker?
I take it you haven't read the original article.

Sony has already confirmed that developers can allow older peripherals to work with their games.

There's already a precedent set on the PS3 with Gran Turismo 5 where every update adds support for more and more racing wheels that the PS3 would normally not recognize.

Seems like an odd approach when Sony could just release a universal driver update rather than making it go all piecemeal.

Back