Next generation systems!

Pernicious-Soul

[10] Knight
Wii U is already here and its looking like both Xbox 720 and PS4 will be available for the holidays this year. I'm guessing once they come out SCV is gonna die real quick w/ everyone moving on to the latest technology. They probably come on round Oct or Nov so that gives us roughly 10 more months to enjoy SCV. I'm hopeful Namco does something special and we get a SC to play w/o waiting another year on the new systems. Anyways post up what your most excited about and stuff you'd like to see show up on the new systems! Of course everyone loves graphics and I'm sure they won't disappoint so that's a biggie for me.

at the earliest, the next gen consoles will be revealed at the big electronics/game conventions this summer. if they are, it will be at least a year before they are actually released. most likely it will be longer. i am crossing my fingers for a christmas 2014ish release. i think that is not too unrealistic.

There's numerous reports that they will indeed be here 2013 holiday season. PS4 mite be delayed till 2014 but 720 should be on selves come holiday time.

Seems like the new Xbox will be here this year. They'll have to release it holiday season most likely. I'm basing this on how they've had to put the 2 newest Forza games on 2 discs (2 disc racing game, wtf...) and that the only improvement from Forza 3 to 4 was physics tweaks (helped quite a bit), and graphics but at the cost of removing several tracks. It releases biannually and this year is the year the next Forza would be released so I think it will be a launch title for the new Xbox.

One of the latest additions to the PS4 is that you WILL NOT be able to use pre-owned games. That's right; everything you buy MUST be new or it will not work.

EDIT: This is rumour only but if I'm honest I wouldn't put it past Sony to do this.

Its being discussed for both Xbox and PS4. It wouldn't bother me too much as I only play SC and some CoD here and there but it might hurt the regular gamers wallet.

One of the latest additions to the PS4 is that you WILL NOT be able to use pre-owned games. That's right; everything you buy MUST be new or it will not work.

EDIT: This is rumour only but if I'm honest I wouldn't put it past Sony to do this.

If thats the case it will put an end to gamefly, gamestop, or any other company like that. I hope its not true. Cause that would be detramental to those companies that employ several 10's of thousands of people in the US alone. If that is the case, I will not be buying a PS4. That just seems like an "asshat" move from sony, and complete opposite of what the PS3 stood for. All games were backwards compatable, etc

^what HRD said.

You better believe that if they try this shit, gamefly and shit like that will fight them in a legal battle for sure.

Not a wise decision by any means of the imagination.

Why is there no talk of them including support for Emotiv, or a Sony/MS version of it? Wat have they been doing all this time? Working on that dead-end playstation "move" junk? LMAO

GET ON THIS SONY I WANT TO SPAM UB BOMBS WITH MY MIND DANG IT.

The only reason I'm a fanboy is because I like playstation's controller design. In terms of graphics and capabilities, the xbox is slightly better, but not by very much.

I'd take a better controller over better graphics any day.

free online is nice too. Oh plus a blu-ray player as well.

As long as PS sticks to it's tried and true controller, then I'm sticking with them.

I'm going to just save some money for a PC since 99% of things are better on PC anyways. I can use whatever controller, online is "free" (gotta love that internet bill plus I've never minded paying for XBL), and many other reasons. I think companies should start making fighting games(besides SSFIV: AE) for the PC too, the community would be able to make their own patches for tournaments and SCV wouldn't be so glitchly if we were able to patch it ourselves instead of waiting to Namco to give PS permission to release a patch. MS patch fees wouldn't interfere either. The only issues I can see with it is the community itself(given how much people argue over the smallest things).

A good gaming PC will cost you well over 1000 bucks, probably closer to 2000$.

Whereas a console can be 6 years old and you buy a brand new game and it's ready to go, no upgrades necessary.

That was the reason I went away from PC gaming, because keeping up to date with the latest technology is just too damn expensive.

PS3 or xbox360? 300 bucks and you're good to go.

I'm aware of the costs. Sitting aside money from every paycheck solves that. I simply prefer the options PCs have. If I really wanted to buy a cheap gaming PC I could just spend about 500 dollars on the parts and build it myself to save money. If you're concerned about running things on "Max" graphics I wouldn't see the point of owning a console at all since the graphics are much worse on a console than a PC. Xbox's tend to be on the "Mid-High" setting from my experience. If you want to talk about it with be send me a PM, I don't want to turn this thread into a PC vs. Console war.

Back