Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Sorry if already posted. iaga w! 4kk, 3b, 1a GSk BE w! 4kk,3b, 2a+b= death. The 1a catches all tech and hits grounded for same damage as other wall combos. So u still do same damage with no loss without tech.

Who did you test the 3B 1A techtrap on? I don't remember it working at all when I tested it before.

I figured out why 3b 1A is a techtrap now, its due to the 3B hitting the opponent backturned causing them to tech differently. If their not BT the techtrap can be escaped with right tech.

I dont know for you guys but I dont get any tech trap anymore, good players just stay down or dont roll anymore. They know when to wake up. I punish with max damage now. Death combos are gone :|

I figured out why 3b 1A is a techtrap now, its due to the 3B hitting the opponent backturned causing them to tech differently. If their not BT the techtrap can be escaped with right tech.

thats really cool. I'm gonna do that tech trap. you basically win if they tech there. too bad even if they play dead and you do 4BB or something you don't really do any more damage than if you had just done a regular combo

thats really cool. I'm gonna do that tech trap. you basically win if they tech there. too bad even if they play dead and you do 4BB or something you don't really do any more damage than if you had just done a regular combo

Just wanted to mention that 4A+B can be used as a play dead trap though its rollable to NM's right... like everything involving 4A+B... (CH 6K and 66A)

What about a 4 A+B cancel into 2 A+B, causing the opponent to roll to the right and catching them with 2 A+B, would you have time enough for that? Not even sure if that qualifies as a trap of any sort though...

What about a 4 A+B cancel into 2 A+B, causing the opponent to roll to the right and catching them with 2 A+B, would you have time enough for that? Not even sure if that qualifies as a trap of any sort though...

By the time the opponent commits to a roll you are already past the 4A+B cancel frames. When you cancel it at the latest possible moment the 2A+B can be guarded and I wasn't able to roll before when trying for that. Sure wish something that would've worked though :(

I usually go for wall combo's into a Tech Trap or UB if they don't wanna tech. GS B > GS B > GS KBE > Wall > 4KK > Wall > 6K > 4A+B or 1A for Reset or Guaranteed hit.

4A+B is techable but it is good for people that don't like to tech =]

I usually go for wall combo's into a Tech Trap or UB if they don't wanna tech. GS B > GS B > GS KBE > Wall > 4KK > Wall > 6K > 4A+B or 1A for Reset or Guaranteed hit.

4A+B is techable but it is good for people that don't like to tech =]
You should try 3b in place of 6k. You get same damage if not more and same tech options. I found 3b more reliable due to 6k whiffing off axis.

Saw Keev doing 33B BE > 2B+K BE > 3(B). Apparently it combos if they play dead and catches tech attempts. Big meter cost but when does Nightmare not sit on more meter than he needs?

Slade, good found! I kinder missed that 2B+Kbe ground hit (hit on back of head) is a tech-trap. cool.
2B+Kbe can be applied on 22K hit as a tech trap too, but it is not a back of head ground hit. So there is no tech-trap if people play dead.

Saw Keev doing 33B BE > 2B+K BE > 3(B). Apparently it combos if they play dead and catches tech attempts. Big meter cost but when does Nightmare not sit on more meter than he needs?
Tested against Nightmare, it doesnt work, 3B can be avoid by teching right. It's not a big deal if you continue to attack ( NSS bA or K). That will hit him if he tries to attack, or if he blocks you lose few damages (6K punish).

If already posted sorry. FC b+g ,4a, throw catches f/l/r tech. This is pretty good as really only thing guaranteed after FC b+g is chip damage low kick.
2a+b, throw catches f/l/r tech

This isnt really a combo as you can air control out but it's tricky to do. If their back against the wall/edge try 66b, (A), NS bA. You can get w! With this and combo. Does very good damage as well.

Anytime 4k BE is used in wall combo, throw catches all tech afterwards. 3aa catches left tech. 4k BE catches right.

FC a+g QSF throw catches f/l/r tech
4k BE run forward throw catches f/l/r tech. Works with JF or not.
Their back to wall 44k throw catch all
CE on hit QSF throw catch f/l/r tech. This work great as everyone wanna stand and guard after being hit by CE.
WR A run forward throw catches f/l/r tech
CH BB QSF throw catches f/l/r tech
FC 3b QSF throw catches f/l/r tech
2b+k throw catches f/l/r tech
66a run forward throw f/l/r tech
CH 22aa run forward throw f/l/r tech
44a run forward throw f/l/r tech
22b run forward throw f/l/r tech
66a+b throw f/l/r tech

Their back to wall 1b throw catch all

Some of above tech traps require strict timing but most are fairly easy. Throw catches tech on about 90% of his moves.

Edit: iaga/aga qsf throw catch all. Back tech require further dash forward but works.

3aa run forward throw f/l/r tech

Back