Nightmare's Movelist Changes and Move Speculation Thread

Engared

[10] Knight
We actually see some gameplay footage of Nightmare in action in this trailer. Thanks to Partisan for uploading it.

http://youtu.be/7bl_BVmq6lI

Looks like he has Brave Edge from GS B or he has Brave edge from 33B which leads into a GS B extra launch. And it seems that he at least gets 2A+B off this launch exchange. Looks like this will at least be an 80+ damage combo based on SC4 numbers.

Based on the animation so far. His Soul Charge moveset might have been removed (shame).

The 2nd hit in the video reminds me slightly of his UB for some reason.

Based on the screen shots, 66A is back, gsA is back (with a green orb from his hand too), 4K and what appears to be he 2nd hit of his old BB.

I'm almost 100% certain that is the animation for 4A+B and Jaxel has confirmed that the Soul charge mechanic is out :(

Why would they remove NM's soul charge stuff? It makes no sense, and it was one of the things making him very unique to play. I really, really hope they just haven't added it in yet.

SC didn't make NM unique to play. It gave him about 3 moves that had GB properties, and a lot of positive frames. It's about 8 moves but hey, it was not that game changing because of how bad it was. I hope Nightmare kind of reverts back to his old SC II moveset, with a mixture of the new stuff. Or just give him an attack throw where he stabs you in the testi...stomach and does the mainly A+B in yo face. Either way I'm going to be content, this new game looks badass.

One major nerf to Nightmare. His claw arm is gone. His grab range should be the same as Sieg now. I hope they gave him a KD low to compensate or thats a huge nerf.

Edit: Wait I'm confused. Let me check again.

Edit 2: I'm drunk. Ignore me. He does have a claw hand. Hopefully thats the claw which is used for throws.

SC didn't make NM unique to play. It gave him about 3 moves that had GB properties, and a lot of positive frames. It's about 8 moves but hey, it was not that game changing because of how bad it was. I hope Nightmare kind of reverts back to his old SC II moveset, with a mixture of the new stuff. Or just give him an attack throw where he stabs you in the testi...stomach and does the mainly A+B in yo face. Either way I'm going to be content, this new game looks badass.

It gave him excellent Mix-ups when used properly. NM in SC4 was monster and heck of a lot of fun. Jaxel did say that he was fast. Which is a good thing. Maybe they sped his pokes up. But the game should suit NM's playstyle. With safer step, long step, long reach and the ability to launch from distance (33B etc), NM should be very powerful. Its his defensive tools which will define his tier placing imo.

SC itself could of been very good, but how limited it was in terms of defense, not being able to block or get hit so it becomes redundant. That was the biggest weakness, which in turn made SC very situational. You have landed a nice combo, have the opportunity to do 2A+B to go into SC, or continue the combo or setup a good wakeup option. In most cases, would you go for more guaranteed damage, or the gamble with SC, which doesn't guarantee any damage? You will have to be extremely aggressive with Nightmare to make SC useful. And from what I see with most Nightmares, they are very defensive.

Nightmare having a little more defensive options would make him that whole lot better. Maybe a grim stride that dashes back or to the side, would be sexy. I highly doubt he will get a solid defensive boost, like a new GI or input. But even if they improved some moves that tech stepped, crouched or jumped, that would make him so much more vicious. Here's hoping though. Namco record some NM matches already! Or the French players...

Nightmare having a little more defensive options would make him that whole lot better. Maybe a grim stride that dashes back or to the side, would be sexy.

GS to the side would probably be really overpowered so I think that's a bad idea, and I doubt they would do it.

also, no soul charge is lame

Well if they changed the properties of Soul Charge, like still being active if you block. That alone would make it worth while to activate it instead of going for guaranteed damage. But we will see.... as soon as some footage comes out with him.

I really miss the free unblockable after 4B in SCIII, it was the only reason to use it, and maybe to see the opponent fly really high.

I didn't play broken destiny much, but I think his damage output is more than it was in SCIV, is that right?

Nope Nightmare has never been this fast before. SC3's nightmare was the fastest.

His critical edge looks nasty.

aside from the CE, spotted two 2 moves.

one is a running A move at 8:41, fairly safe too.
another is a overhead punch type move from GS at 8:54

3B -> 1A techtrap seems to be intact

and yea soul charge is gone :(

NM looks pretty sweet, I have to admit. Did I see correctly that the CE is an aGI? Interesting.

That means its meant to be used as a wake-up/ bait CE. I think this one is meant to be used defensively. Looks like you can charge it as well and it looks unblockable. 3B looks hellva unsafe but i think that that move will have Brave edge from it. I bet you.

The tech trap alone is pointless. Whats more important if there's a dead trap along with it, then it becomes scary. Especially as in SC4, 3B was part of NM's main arsenal.

agA's range has been nerfed it seems. Though how bad it is, we won't know.

aside from the CE, spotted two 2 moves.
one is a running A move at 8:41, fairly safe too.
another is a overhead punch type move from GS at 8:54

both moves are very cool looking IMO...my thoughts

- the first move looks pretty bad on whiff, but the range looks good. hopefully it is mid. guessing it causes knockdown on hit
- the second move appears to have been performed after the GS ended from crouch state. maybe a new WR move

Back