Norik's CaS Challenges: Let the Madness Begin

Norik

[14] Master
This game's creation tool is pretty darn amazing, but kind of hard to use. I've seen that one of the best ways to discover good uses for pieces and patterns is to have a character theme in mind (As can be evidenced in all the incredible uses we've found for bat wings, turtle shells, raccoon tails and several others). However, there seems to be challenge thread for every theme, which causes a loss in both the organization of this subforum and the loss of several good creations because of how many threads they're spread though. So to make our lives easier, I decided to start a series of weekly CaS challenges. This post will be updated with all challenges and all of the participating user's entries, making it easy to find all characters of a certain theme.

This is how it works:
  • Every week starting today, I'll set the topic. You may send me a PM if you have a good challenge idea.
  • Once the topic is set, users can post as many characters as they want, as long as they're not too off-topic.
  • I'll try to keep this organized and link all creations to their respective maker under the correct topic in this post.
  • Users must copy the prompt and put it in bold at the begging of the post. Also make sure to specify the date. This is for organizational purposes.
  • Users may reply to any challenge as long as the date and prompt have been specified. In other words, there's no deadline for any challenge.
  • Character name and bio is NOT required, but you're free to share it if you want to.
That's about it for the rules. Below are previous CaS challenges by other users in the forums for ease of access:

Now, shall we begin?
~ Week 1:
Week 1 - 04/09/2012: As children, we all had a hero. Whether it was your dad, Abraham Lincoln, or the Red Power Ranger, there was an idol that we admired and wished to be like. Make a character that depicts that hero's concept (For instance, if that hero is Spiderman, make a character that is related to spiders, wears American Flag colors, or whatever made you like that character).

[NO ENTRIES AS OF APRIL 9TH AFTERNOON]
Now as I said, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN! Have fun! :)

So to clarify, we’re not straight-up representing our childhood hero? We’re reinterpreting that “hero’s” main attributes as a CAS character?

Also, would it be bad form to resurrect any of the previous challenge threads with entries?

1-So to clarify, we’re not straight-up representing our childhood hero? We’re reinterpreting that “hero’s” main attributes as a CAS character?

2-Also, would it be bad form to resurrect any of the previous challenge threads with entries?
1- Correct, just the basic "spirit" of that character.
2- What do you mean?

What do you mean?
I don’t know, like maybe those are “old news” or for reference. I’ve noticed an unspoken rule at some forums about making a post in a topic that’s been quiet for too long, but I guess that none of those threads are that old (usually we’re talking many months or even years).

Week 1 - 04/09/2012
wondersfull.jpg
wonders.jpg
wonderssig2.jpg
inspiration...sandysig.jpglinda-carter.jpg ....I also liked purple..

That's interesting! Definitely not what I expected to see, I must admit.

I always saw myself as my own hero so I probably will make one, but later though I actually have to leave in few minutes.

Reviving the challenges was a great idea, but the lack of specifics for this particular challenge gives creators little to work with. My advice is to give us the next challenge.

Besides... chobek would've won anyway XD
psshhaw. At least don't give it up without a good fight!

Week 1 - 04/09/2012
Prompt: Childhood Heroes
QMEdH.png

Based on martial arts super sentai heroes, such as Ultraman and Power Rangers, Justice Man defeats evil and defends the side of good with his techno boots, power fists, hi-powered laser ray gun, justicium alloy blades...and, most importantly, with a courageous heart!

17QHJ.png

a6i5X.png

O0CCQ.png

Challenge ideas:

Undead(Zombies, Frankenstein, and other stuff)
Top class Posh(Peeps that dress rich and very stylish. Sometimes gaudy.)
The drunkard
The nerd, the beauty, and the jock
Elf warriors
Battle scarred warrior.(Think of Goku from DBZ but his outfit is beaten up. Basically create a CAS with a beaten up outfit)
The badass

Just some food for the thought. But this could spark competition since the themes are a bit vague, but you can try stuff out.

Back