[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

D4rkSch1sm

[08] Mercenary
Hello, are there still any NC SC4 players out there? If so we need to create us an offline community here in NC. With SCV coming next year, I think that it is very possible. I don't know about any of you but, I personally don't want to waste my SCV experiance online. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Agreed, online will be a nice touch as it was with SC4 but really a good offline scene is what truly makes a fighting game the top of its potential. Anyone else up for this?

Hey fellas. Don't worry, once SCV hits, there will be an NC offline scene. I've already talked with a few other OG players, as well as a few relative newbies. How strong the scene will be depends on how solid the game is, but we are all hoping for the best. From the player locations I know of right now, the main spots are going to be Raleigh and Wilmington.

Whaddup. I mostly play Tekkens and Arcana 3. But definitely giving SC5 a shot when it comes out to consoles. I'd play a little SC4 with you guys if the game happens to be at the same gathering I'm at.

And damn, 8wr stepped it up since 2008. Looks pretty nice. They even have an option to upload files. :O

Well is there anyway you think we can jump dart the scene and getting it ready earlier. I have little offline experance however I understand the machanics. But there are many offline skills I'd like to aquire before SCV comes out. I'm sure developing a scene earlier will as help the other online players trying to convert as well as people planning to start playing SC. Well let me know and also i live around mocksville/statesville if there are any local players that would like to start meeting and playing let me know. For Raleigh and wilmington I'd would pribley have to be the weekends I work week days 8-5 get home at 6-6:30.

A few of the people I mentioned talking to are interested in doing something like meeting to play SCIV once a month or so, to generally get back in practice, until SCV comes out. Not sure if/when that would start, though. Maybe September?

I'm not very familiar with players in the western part of the state. You might try contacting a guy called AceUnlimited on the Tekken Zaibatsu forums. He's primarily a Tekken player, but I know he sometimes plays SCIV, as I played some casuals with him at CEO. Not sure exactly where's he's located, you'd have to ask him.

Yeah, going by how he plays Tekken, playing against Ace would be good offline practice.

But I'll be willing to play some SC4 at this early time, just that I'd rather have it at gatherings that I already plan to go to... since I already go to gatherings for 2 other games (Tekken and Arcana). But if we're playin SC4 at Brent's or somethin I'll be down for that.

Ok what kind of locations are we looking at here? Like I said I'm around statesville/mocksville area, I wouldn't mind a bit of travel when I have the money. So is anyone around me locatly?

Ace is probably the only 3D fighting game player that I know of who lives in Western NC.... but he lives in Black Mountain, NC, so that's not exactly close to you either.....

The rest of us are in Chapel Hill (me), Raleigh/Clayton (Longshot, PurifywierdSoul), and other players are farther east (or south) of those locations. Though realistically I don't know where I'll be living at since it depends on where I get a job..... Or if I somehow get accepted into this Master's program.... but if that happens I won't be living in NC anymore (unless I decide to take online courses)...

Looks like it's time to break the silence. Yes, me and longshot have been talking about getting everyone together to get back on the calibur train.

Players in NC are located mostly in Raleigh and down here in Wilmington now. Most of the old Winston-Salem players moved to either Raleigh/Durham or out-of-state (Art moved to Atlanta). So I figure that Raleigh will be SC5 central for NC (much like it was in SC2).

Hopefully, we can all get together soon. I'm going to put up a list of NC calibur players that we know of since SC2 where they are now as well as what game they began w/ on the competitive scene (hopefully this will help any new players know who to go to/talk to when they need help). With this list, we can try to also notify those people to let them know we are trying to get some sessions in before SC5 drops in 2012.

This is what we know so far (I will update as players post)
Handle - Location - Characters known for & Experience
longshot - Raleigh - Sophie (SC2-current)
Ceron - Wilmington - Talim (SC2-SC3), Xianghua (SC2-current)
Raiden - Durham - Asta (SC2-SC3)
Basic - Winston-Salem - Talim (SC2), Cassie (SC3)
Ando - Jacksonville - Voldo (SC4-current)
Smeesh - Wilmington - Asta (SC2-SC3), Ivy (SC2), Liz (SC4)
Xiomar (Q) - Wilmington - Taki (SC3-current), Tira (SC3-current)
Purifywierdsoul - Raleigh - Raph (SC4-current) ?
Titanium Beast - Raleigh - Maxi (SC2-SC3)
Kyodachi - Raleigh - Mi-na (SC2-current)
Villainous - Raleigh - Mitsu (SC2-SC3), Yoshi (SC4)
7thFonon - Eastern/Central NC - Talim (?), Xianghua (?)

I know I've forgotten a couple people that should be on this list. And while this isn't a guarantee that these players will be jumping on SC5 to play w/ us, this gives you a general idea of what kind of community we can have granted the next installment is good. Also, I will update this list as new information comes about.

If we all want to get together and meet before SC5 comes out I feel like the best locations will be in Raleigh or here in Wilmington when Alex and Q host CFG weeklies. They do it every Monday, hosting SSF4AE, MK9, MvC3. Maybe we can add SC4 refreshment sessions onto that (unfortunately, it's not going to get a tournament spot I can promise that).

It's cool that's sounds great please let me know more about this. Please give me a heads up so I can make sure I have enough money to make it.

Don't worry. Sessions will probably still be more Raleigh based, given it's easiest for all of NC (I feel sorry for anyone in Asheville). We'll have sessions here in Wilmington for those that can make it and I'll be setting up monthly tournaments here as well as in Greensboro.

D4rkSch1sm, who do you main? Have you played in any tournaments before and what other games do you play?

Well I mainly play SC4 I have been playing all 3 years mainly cuz I'm addicted no I havnt played any tourny's. I'm actually trying to come offline so I can get better. I claim to main setsuka but I can't really use her online so I haven't got that good with her. I Also play mitsurugi, astaroth, and a few others. I also play MK9 (havn't got in to it yet), rarly I'll play COD games (after COD4 and WAW the COD games kind of suck) other than that nothing really except single player games (currently playing legend of dragoon) and computer games I play diablo 2 and very rarly I'll play WoW. On another note I'm a PS3 player I can't really use a joy stick or an xbox controller (it doesn't really have a d-pad).

I live with Dark and I main tira and I just started for a little over a year now. Only experience I have had is online and I declare pure hate on lag lows lol. I guess I do play lizardman as well but I could be better with him. I really hope this all works out because I can't wait to play offline woo.

Good to have some new players on board. I hope some of the other players will start posting soon to stir up the hype soup. :)

This is what we know so far (I will update as players post)
Handle - Location - Characters known for & Experience
longshot - Raleigh - Sophie (SC2-current)
Ceron - Wilmington - Talim (SC2-SC3), Xianghua (SC2-current)
Raiden - Durham - Asta (SC2-SC3)
Basic - Winston-Salem - Talim (SC2), Cassie (SC3)
Ando - Jacksonville - Voldo (SC4-current)
Smeesh - Wilmington - Asta (SC2-SC3), Liz (SC4)
Xiomar (Q) - Wilmington - Taki (SC3-current), Tira (SC3-current)
Purifywierdsoul - Raleigh - Raph (SC4-current) ?
Titanium Beast - Raleigh - Maxi (SC2-SC3)
Kyodachi - Raleigh - Mi-na (SC2-current)
Villainous - Raleigh - Mitsu (SC2-SC3), Yoshi (SC4)

Blake used Maxi? I would always had expected him to use Sieg or Nightmare.

plz add to list

7thFonon - random : eastern/central NC - Talim, Xianghua, Natsu, Talim (future)

Back