[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

Still some people really abuse lows. It only jumps lows. I'm pretty sure that character can counter it. Also yes most of those low mid that can punish it are unsafe which seems balanced. Every action must have and equal and oppisite reaction which seems like the case here it is the equal reaction. Also a great option to get people to crouch it grabs. The fact that punishing fuzzy guarding takes a punishable low mid chain seems fair.

No Dale. I don't know how you got that out of what anyone said, bro. Let's not put that in other players' heads. FRXV ignited a fire in a lot of players (despite the slaughter in Grand Finals). I see a lot of new blood on the horizon especially after the $16.7k MLG announcement and further Namco support at tournaments.

@Smeesh: Fuzzy guard doesn't activate for throws. Fuzzy guard isn't that much of an issue considering throws beat it. The problem is you accidentally activating fuzzy guard when someone does a slow low. You usually end up landing right on top of it.

@D4rkSch1sm: Dude, you can't abuse lows in SC5. If you played SC2 you would understand this. They don't give you much and the ones that knock down you can react to. SC5's mix up isn't about mid/low anymore. It's about forcing your opponent to move and then using horizontals to keep them honest. Mid/low mix up will always be there, but not as prevalent anymore.

You misunderstand what I mean. There still are so many people that spams lows out like nothing. It's quite annoying when trying to have serious fights. Don't get me wrong I react to reactable lows.

Actually, I didn't say I'm having trouble. I said that it gets annoying and I don't take those people serious. Also, I stated
that fuzzy guarding should be left in the game as a defencive option. Besides those type of people I mainly try to
avoid considering I want competive fights.

Actually, I didn't say I'm having trouble. I said that it gets annoying and I don't take those people serious. Also, I stated
that fuzzy guarding should be left in the game as a defencive option. Besides those type of people I mainly try to
avoid considering I want competive fights.
As someone who's put lots of time into both a super defensive fighting game and a super offensive fighting game, fuzzy guarding needs to go. If a single defensive system mechanic removes that many offensive options from the equation then it shouldn't exist. If you're having that much of a problem with low spammers, improve your defense and start punishing. After all, 5 lows = 1 launcher.

As someone who's put lots of time into both a super defensive fighting game and a super offensive fighting game, fuzzy guarding needs to go. If a single defensive system mechanic removes that many offensive options from the equation then it shouldn't exist. If you're having that much of a problem with low spammers, improve your defense and start punishing. After all, 5 lows = 1 launcher.
I couldn't have said that better myself.

Easy-D systems need to go in general. Most players that benefit from them generally fear being on the defensive or they just have shitty defense from the start. It's kinda why I played X in SC3. I had shitty defense, but the character made people pause and she had easy-D in her move set. But ATL made me realize that later on in the game's life cycle and I improved that aspect. Easy-D usually changes from game to game too, so it's best to get use to the core elements of defense in a game instead of relying on let's say... STEP G! Because as we've seen it has hurt a lot of players with naturally bad defense. :P

Ok are you guys reading my msgs cuz I have said I'm not having a problem. I said it's annoying and I have no point to play people like this. Second fuzzy guarding is balanced. Lastly this is going no where so I won't be responses or reading posts that deal on this subject.

Second fuzzy guarding is balanced.
You're gonna have to back that statement up considering fuzzy guarding defends against ALL offensive options, and that's bad. And don't just say "well both players can do it so its balanced." There are multiple things to balance in a fighting game, including the offensive/defensive balance; fuzzy guarding was in Soul Calibur 2, and they patched it out of the arcade version of the game. But given the option between too heavy on offense or too heavy on defense, I'd rather go too heavy on offense because unless the developer is a complete idiot who allows something like infinite guard stun, constant unavoidable unblockables, or the ability to throw while in guard/hit stun, you can always learn to block better.

Trying my hardest to be positive because this is a new game, but saying fuzzy guard is balanced is just ignorant.

Can we just agree to not call it fuzzy guarding that is awful terminology overlap, fuzzy guard is a really strong offensive tool in 2D fighters, and totally not like this one. Call it hop guarding or OS guard or something...fuzzy guard is one of the fighting game terms that means the same thing in pretty much every game don't make it confusing for future players.

edit: Nvmd that is what people are officially calling it...

I'm not really sure how I feel about the move itself just I normally don't use it too much, nor do I see it used too much, JG seems way more powerful from what I have seen at least.

It shouldnt be there but hey what are you gonna do. Nobody uses it anyways so I'm indifferent.

In the last 3 years I've almost exclusively turned into a 2-d fighting game player. Going back to 3d now I'm amazed by how much better my execution is. And how much more about fundamentals games like SC are compared to other games that require execution and no thought process like Marvel. I think thats why I can forget about SCV for 2 weeks, then jump right back into it like nothing happened.

I'm having a lot of fun with SFxT right now.

I've gotten a lot of training done since FR. I'm ready to play a first to 5 against everybody in NC. First stop: Raleigh. :)

anybody know when this rumoured patch is coming out? I'm getting tired of being lit up by Natsu's and Maxi's :(

Natsu isn't so bad anymore. A damage nerf would expose all the bad Natsu players. Maxi on the other hand... I have no clue how to fight against getting aced for nearly half life from one move.

ando!!! you still play online? we should play sometime!!!

what's up ceron? hows life been treating you?

hey Richard, it's been awhile bro and yes i still play online. Nowadays thats all i do :(, anyway add me cause i think i don't have ya on my FR list on psn anymore.

Hey guys. We've just recently started a group located in Asheville, NC. We mainly communicate externally however so I'm going to put the FB and official site up here. Look forward to meeting you guys! We're looking to hold some local tournaments in the near future once we get a location settled. Also, the not smelling like rancid ass is heavily enforced, please bathe. We're very respectful towards each others respective games - SF players can sit next to MK players for instance and not have SRK-esque squabbles. This is extremely important to us. If you can't adhere to this, then you're not going to be a good fit.

AceUnlimited is close-by, however he's often busy with work and travel. His success has motivated the rest of us, however. WNC is alive, small at the moment, but alive none the less!

http://gotnextgaming.ning.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GotNextGaming/

So Viola has half life + damage combos now and some safe pokes, all my potential other mains got nerfed so I'm definitely just going 100% Viola now.

Haven't played lately but I would like to for sure. SFxT has been distracting me.

So Viola has half life + damage combos now and some safe pokes, all my potential other mains got nerfed so I'm definitely just going 100% Viola now.

Haven't played lately but I would like to for sure. SFxT has been distracting me.
Haha, I hate to say this, but I'm falling in love with her after those buffs. I've hardly touched Leixia since the patch.

Back