[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Just read the comments he made in the video of me playing against Manta in SC5 and then read the SoCal thread starting with the post where I challenged him to a MM.

Signia... I don't think I can associate with him after you win that MM. That'll be the third time that fool is caught slippin'. Shit's embarrassing.

Anyways, CD... You're still having this last gathering this weekend? If so, I will/can go as long as you can swoop me up 6:05PM on Friday, and take me back to the Greyhound on Sunday, by 6:00AM? Let me know what's up...

also, I know SCV is going to be released a few days after... and ya'll are probably spoiled by it by now; but I don't want to go and not play SCIV, at least for a little bit. So, let me know how this will be lookin'. and let's get drunk as shit.

Sorry for leaving early guys. =\ GF got denied at the door, so I couldn't stay too long. Hope you guys had fun.

Signia... I don't think I can associate with him after you win that MM. That'll be the third time that fool is caught slippin'. Shit's embarrassing.

To be fair, Signia never said anything to the effect that he is better than or that he would beat Krayzie.

To be fair, Signia never said anything to the effect that he is better than or that he would beat Krayzie.

True. I suppose I just mesh all the shit that comes out his mouth, together. I mean, brown shit, black shit, green shit, it's all shit.

Event was puurrrttty fun. Too bad I got smashed off of the free drinks and wasn't sure what was going on the majority of the time. Shout outs for free drinks.

Good seeing everyone tonight! The nostalgia was all up in that air! I felt like a nerdy little kid all over again.

Grats to Jeff on winning his copy for SC V Collector's Edition (Plus a stick?)..lucky bastard! 8 person single elimination tournament when there was easily 80+ people in attendance seems like a set up to me!

Yeah he didn't say anything like that, but it was the fact that he was being an obnoxious asshole by criticizing me and Manta's non use of CE/BE moves in our very first time playing the game. That's what pissed me off. I challenged him to the MM simply out of anger from that. Anyway, onto happier stuff....

JC it was great to see you again buddy! Glad to see you could pick up the Xianghua look alike and beat people like it was SC2 all over again. Come through for some SC5 gatherings man, don't skip out on us again!

Oathkeeper: Them free drinks were the best part. Well, that and the random good looking women in there button mashing it up on all them damn setups. How many setups were there like, 15 or something? Shit was great. I finally got to learn some BE combos and CE setups, Signia would have been proud lol.

Xeph: Only problem is I have work at 5:30pm on Friday so I wouldn't be able to pick you up until after work and I don't get off until 3am. If we can find some way around that, like maybe someone else can pick you up and let you stay with them until I get off then it'd be ok. We can still have the gathering I guess, but I doubt anyone will play SC4 now that we've had a good amount of time with SC5. I'll still play you, I just won't use Maxi. Maxi is the only one I've been using in SC5 and I'm finally getting used to his changed imputs. Don't want to play him in 4 and fuck it all up again.

Sorry for leaving early guys. =\ GF got denied at the door, so I couldn't stay too long. Hope you guys had fun.

Worth it.

Mad jealous of all you guys. I'll see you at NCR. Congratulations to Jeff -- he has winning prerelease tournaments down pat now.

Manta: I'm gunning for you at NCR arsehole. :sc2ivy1:

Pretty jealous of last night....but hyped for saturday! :3
I hope HALf of everyone that went last night, can make it on saturday, it'd be nice to hang out with ya'll again.

Soakrates:

Do you still need another PS3 & SCV for the gathering? I can bring my setup along if need be...
That would be awesome. Thanks for offering, and welcome!

Had a great time at the party, and it always warms my ancient heart to see so many old friends and familiar faces in one spot. It looked like everyone was enjoying the game and having an all-around good time, which makes me glad. Hope to see all of you again on the 11th! Six more days until NorCal dominance!

hello! with sc5 around the corner I wanted to start going to gatherings since I'm in Alameda, I'd probably be carpooling with Ceirnian and his many scarves. hooray

If anyone's interested, at UC Davis, we've formed a Fighting Game Club, and we meet weekly for rank battles. Currently we play UMVC3, SSF4AE2012 and KOFXIII, but once SCV drops I will be personally ensure that it gets added into the normal rotation.

As of right now, we meet every friday at 6:00pm in Wellman 202 (subject to change if we can find a better place off-campus - parking is $7 in the garage until we find somewhere else) for double elimination tournament plus casual matches depending on how many setups we have.

wellmanhalllocation.png

Venue fee is $2, entry into brackets for each game is also $2, with payouts to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each game.

You don't have to pay anything to spectate or play casuals.

Come on out! Davis already has quite a few great UMVC3 and SSF4AE2012 players, I'd like to get some SCV players out here as well!

If anyone's interested, at UC Davis, we've formed a Fighting Game Club, and we meet weekly for rank battles. Currently we play UMVC3, SSF4AE2012 and KOFXIII, but once SCV drops I will be personally ensure that it gets added into the normal rotation.

As of right now, we meet every friday at 6:00pm in Wellman 202 (subject to change if we can find a better place off-campus - parking is $7 in the garage until we find somewhere else) for double elimination tournament plus casual matches depending on how many setups we have.

wellmanhalllocation.png

Venue fee is $2, entry into brackets for each game is also $2, with payouts to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each game.

You don't have to pay anything to spectate or play casuals.

Come on out! Davis already has quite a few great UMVC3 and SSF4AE2012 players, I'd like to get some SCV players out here as well!

NDK this has you written all over it! Well, as long as you can get off work in time to get there.

I can't wait to lose to everyone numerous times in a row once the game is released! I tried figuring out Just Guard and I was able to Quick Step every now and then even if I was mashing 8 or 2. It was pretty weird...

Awesome time with all the players!

Anyway, what the hell is this shit.
omgwtftakiq.jpg

Panda, Nyawu, anyone else: Would you be able to house Xeph for Friday night? He arrives in SF at 6pm but I'll be at work from 5:30pm - 3am.

Otherwise Xeph it would work out easier if you could possibly get here before 4pm. That way you could stay here while I go to work no problem.

Panda, Nyawu, anyone else: Would you be able to house Xeph for Friday night? He arrives in SF at 6pm but I'll be at work from 5:30pm - 3am.

Otherwise Xeph it would work out easier if you could possibly get here before 4pm. That way you could stay here while I go to work no problem.

I don't mind housing if he doesn't mind a sorta messy place lol. The only problem is that I have no pillows/bedsheets, so if he doesn't mind bringing some sleeping stuff and carpet then sure.

Edit: If nobody offers up and he's coming too late for krayzie, let me know asap so I can clean up a bit.

Edit 2: Anybody able to pick us up at Richmond BART?

Back