[Nov 2, 2012] Youmacon Battle Opera (Detroit, Michigan)

DSPactual

[08] Mercenary
EVENT INFO:

Event: Youmacon 2012
When: November 1-4, 2012
Where: Renaissance Center
100 West Renaissance Detroit, Michigan 48243
(313) 568-8000
(Casual Gaming - Ontario East Ballroom5 21,000 sq ft)

Tournament Location: Cobo Hall
301 Civic Center Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
(313) 877-8777
(Ambassador Ballroom 26,600 sq ft)

What is Youmacon?

Youmacon 2012 will be held at both The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, and at Cobo Center. Last year, attendees started drawing in by the dozen, eventually filling the Mariott to capacity; that's over 10,000 otakus in one area at the same time! From cosplay contests, 24-hour gaming arcades, to music and anime panels, you name it! Everything you could ever want, right here in the Midwest as one of the fastest-growing anime conventions across the country! So from November 1-4, DMG will be sure to see you there to take part in all the action!

youmaconLogo2012.png

Here is the site for info on this awesome convention!
http://www.youmacon.com/index

Player Reveal and Update Trailer:

Intro Trailer!

dmg_logo_new.png

Dominion Method Gaming is all about expanding and supporting the fighting game community as a whole. Our goal at Youmacon is to expose the attendees at Youmacon to our competitive scene. This is why we need your help! Join the premier competitive fighting game brand at the premier anime/manga/gaming/music convention in Detroit, MI. Grab your sticks and let's hear those buttons click!

Preregistration for Youmacon is live, so be sure to get your badge and do not miss out on such a HYPED event!

We are proud to announce that Youmacon2012 AKA "Youmacon Battle Opera" will be held on November 1st - 4th, 2012. This year is a big deal to Youmacon, that it is an event being held outside of the FGC and we want it to be memorable.

So, at this year's event, we will have a total of 5 main games and each of these games will have a $1000.00 pot bonus! GUARANTEED!!!!

|MAJOR GAMES|
Super Street Fighter 4: AE - |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination) 1st place - free trip to VxG!
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom - |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination) 1st place - free trip to VxG!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
King of Fighters 13 - |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Soul Calibur 5 - |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)

(Modified UFGT Style Payout -- TBA)

These aren't the only games we will be running. There will be a boat load of side tournaments going on throughout the weekend. The tournaments will be ran on traditional bracket format, (just like any other major) so everyone will know what to expect. We are aiming to have the tournaments ran on ALL 360's and a lot more information in the next couple of weeks.

So please stay tune as we make this event one of the best events of the year!

|SIDE TOURNAMENTS|
Street Fighter x Tekken |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Mortal Kombat 9 |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
SkullGirls |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Persona 4 |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Street Fighter 2 HD Remix |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike OE |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Darkstalkers 3 |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Dead or Alive 5 |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)
Virtua FIghter 5: Final Showdown |Singles| - $10 (Double elimination)

(Modified UFGT Style Payout -- TBA)

|SIDE TOURNAMENTS - APEX-Series Stage|
Naruto: Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations |Singles| - $10 (Single elimination)
Super Smash Bros. Melee |Singles| - $10 (Single elimination)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl |Singles| - $10 (Single elimination)
Super Smash Bros. Melee |Doubles| - $10 (Single elimination)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl |Doubles| - $10 (Single elimination)

Schedule
Friday
5:00 casuals
6:30 opening ceremony
7:00 3rd Strike // SF2 HDR // Darkstalkers // Naruto

Saturday
10:00 Blazblue // Persona 4 // Virtua Fighter 5 // Smash Melee Doubles
1:00 SFxTekken // KOF // Dead or Alive 5 // Smash Melee Singles
4:00 Skull Girls // SF:AE // Tekken Tag 2 // Smash Brawl Doubles
7:00 MK // Marvel 3 // Soul Cal 5 // Smash Brawl Singles

Sunday
Top 8s
Closing ceremony after final matches

Youmacon is providing the very best experience to everyone who attends and to demonstrate this, they have teamed up with Focus Fire.

FF_2011_ads1-2.jpg

Focus Fire is a tournament gaming company. They provide equipment rental, sponsor and community relations, promotions, and tournament organization services to both individual promoters and corporate businesses.
- Focus Fire runs tournaments in the FGC, in the Shooters community, and in the Retro gaming markets.
- In 2011 Focus Fire was part of events like the Iowa Pro Gaming Challenge, the Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament (UFGT) 7, and Evo 2011.
- In 2012 Focus Fire is part of numerous events, including prominent FGC tournaments like UFGT8 and CEO.

Apex-Resize.png

Confirmed to stream the event:

levelup_slogan.png

bu_2011_ads1.png

gs.png

ct_2011_ads1.png

Guest Commentators:
Skisonic, BT|Yipes, UltraDavid, DMG Blacktastic, LU Alex Valle

Youmacon is really do their best to cater the FGC. Now for those who just want to attend Youmacon Battle Opera, now that option is available for you for $30.00. For more info: https://www.youmacon.com/registration/purchase

vxg_2011_ads11.png

Fresh off the success of The Video X Games, Youmacon is teaming up with VxG to present a qualifier for VxG 2013. Thats right people! Youmacon is part of Destination St. Marrten!

The grand winners of Super Fighter 4 and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 will receive seeded points and a paid trip to St. Marrten to attend VxG 2013!

Two words: GDLK!

More to come!

Sounds like a good time :)

And with it being only 2 hours away, how could I say no?

Edit: Are there specific dates for the tournaments? And will the SCV tournament be following 8WR rules (Best 3 of 5, no CaS etc...)?

Thanks in advance!

We are about to finish the tournament schedule next week. The times are mostly set, we just have to juggle the particulars because there are so many games out right now.

I will talk with Focus Fire in regards to the rules set for SCV and get back to you.

Looks like the schedule is up.

SCV @7pm on Saturday and top 8 sometime on Sunday.

Gonna start planning for this trip. Anybody looking to split a room? PM me!

Yeah I watched that trailer a while back and it really got me wanting to go. Ugh I'm so torn up on this. Money I need to keep or a chance to hang with the awesome Canadien and those sexy bitches from Chicago again. Decisions...

Yeah I watched that trailer a while back and it really got me wanting to go. Ugh I'm so torn up on this. Money I need to keep or a chance to hang with the awesome Canadien and those sexy bitches from Chicago again. Decisions...

This trailer just went up today. Got me thinking about going. I dunno.

Also, people should pay attention to the pot bonus for SCV.

I was talking about Malice but I'm just saying...nobody wanna c me n dis game dawg

I'm not worried about you, but I am worried about these flight prices. I might as well fly back to Vegas for as much as it would cost for me to get to Detroit.

I was talking about Malice but I'm just saying...nobody wanna c me n dis game dawg
Ain't nobody worried bout no LP. Everyone already knows all you have to do to beat him is say "wow LP youDabess and he chokes up. Some sort of performance anxiety issue he got. Lord I hope he don't have that issue anywhere else! Like the bedroom perhaps...

Depending on where you are coming from it is best to train in. If flying is a must, try not flying direct to Detroit. I heard once it is way cheaper to fly to Chicago, and the bus or train over. Just a thought.

Back