Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
don't worry about the 1st 2 movies, they are mostly rehash of the anime with new graphics anyway. if you remembered the anime, just go watch the movie directly and you don't miss out much.

nyaatorrent has the cam rip of the 3rd movie, but the quality is really good, and the audio quality is superb, I was really surprised because it's even better than the usual cam rip of hollywood movies.

1450214_706083266083562_840704113_n.jpg

Saw Madoka Magica ~Rebellion~ yesterday.

There's not enough awestruck slow clapping in the world to describe my opinion of the film. It was just... amazing.

That said, without spoiling anything, I can see why it caused such an uproar in the fandom.

Saw Madoka Magica ~Rebellion~ yesterday.

There's not enough awestruck slow clapping in the world to describe my opinion of the film. It was just... amazing.

That said, without spoiling anything, I can see why it caused such an uproar in the fandom.

I hope Aniplex gives it an English dub when they decide to give it an American release! Now, this uproar you speak of: Was it a good uproar or a bad uproar?

I hope Aniplex gives it an English dub when they decide to give it an American release! Now, this uproar you speak of: Was it a good uproar or a bad uproar?

Mixed. Many thought it was a shitty idea by film's end, others (myself included) loved it to death. The entire thing is just a big ol' roller coaster ride with a huge... no, that isn't right... *ahem*

HUGE

plot twist near the end. One that puts a terrifying new perspective on one of the main cast, but works so deliciously well in the context of the series.

Now, I could go into more detail, but it pretty much spoils the entire movie.

Master of Martial Hearts was watered down going from manga to anime but the ending was SO GOOD. That was a plot twist to end all plot twists. It turned everything you thought you knew on it's head.

Also, If you punch someone in the stomach, their shirt disintegrates.

So after watching 9 more episodes of Kill la Kill I can say there's a lot more going on under the hood than I initially gave it credit for. This started to dawn on me as I was watching the ending and I noticed Matoi looking at the wedding dresses. "I guess it's kind of nice she'd still want that." I thought. Then I thought "Does she want that?" In the same way most shonen animes are a boy's coming of age story we have a girl's coming of age story. She's examining the typical roles that society expects of women and wondering if they are really for her. Complete with the fact that her coming into power is heralded by shedding her own blood. Her nemesis has, in choosing to wear her "wedding gown" before it's time, turned her back on traditional roles and doubtlessly admires Ryuuko to some degree for forging her own path. There's issues with women accepting and taking power over their sexuality and the jokes which I initially dismissed as "stupid fun" are actually smart people making dumb jokes in a slyly overly stupid way. I kind of expected a (hell I can't think of the word right now it's like a dissection but that's not it, maybe after I've slept) DECONSTRUCTION of the shonen genre, what I didn't expect was the layers of enjoyment I've found in it. I don't think it's as good a show as some but I admire that you can enjoy it as a subversive commentary or as a straight up example of the genre. And I dig that "Don't lose your way" track, lol.

Kemonozume is an anime I've been meaning to watch for a while. The art style really stuck out for me when I first watched the first episode. The animation is very fluid as well.

I think I'll finish watching it this time.

Nagi no Asakura is like the romance anime I've been searching for. Even when it isn't romance, I still get "feels" for it.

Golden Time is a nice romance anime so far.

Space Dandy is quite dandy. Same people who made Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo from what I heard.

Nobunaga the fool is some mecha sengoku historic european animu mesh of fun.

My 4 favorite animes atm.

Back