[Ohio] Class is now in session

i remember seeing a post in the fb group about someone whining about turtle xiba. i thought they were talking about party wolf, not you lol

Nate: Thanks my brother. I do what I can, & all is well in the gospel book that I have written out for the people. Lol.

Eric: I missed this Xiba turtle post on the SC group page on Facebook. It's time for me to lurk on that page & see what I missed.

Trent: What's really crazy is that I just added PW on my friend's list on PSN. I haven't played him yet, so it'd be fun to see how those matches go. PW has been playing pretty solid & consistent from what I've been seeing, so I may get my ass kicked, but I know my character pretty well, so I think I can probably hold up pretty well if & when we play.

I would tell you what I think, but despite TITANSQUAD he's never played me. I don't blame him though, we played in Tekken and it was ungodly levels of laggy lol

It's been a bit since I posted, but definitely will be a good post for sure.

I've let a few people know already that I plan on hosting another Soul Legacy tournament at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati in the near future. It'll be in spring some time either in April or May. I'm going to talk to Jesse at Arcade Legacy about this, as well as check tournament schedules to see what Saturday during that time duration would be good to have this event.

Once I get all the details ironed out, I'll post up on here, as well as make a post in the Events sections here on 8WR, along with a post on the Soul Calibur Facebook page to get people interested in the tournament.

Let's hopefully get enough interest this time that we don't need to run a round robin. :P

More Soulcalibur 4 memories. I'm not sure if everyone has heard of this guy named WHOOMAAN. Anyways, this is a guy I've mentioned a few times who is such a "frame whore." Very experienced player, but a "frame whore." Fought against his Siegfried with my Xianghua. He whines like a baby throughout the match and complains that I shouldn't keep attacking because of "frames, frames, frames." Those times are when I counter him with force crouch or sidestepping moves. Also, he complains about lag when I don't experience any of it. Anyways, beat him 3-1. He continued going on about frames and said something along the lines of "you don't know shit" and kicks me.

When his mind occupied with frames, it flusters him when "things don't come out." I think that is his weakness. I wish he would stop acting like such a "WOMAN."

Aaaah, the memories...

One of my critical weaknesses as a player is my preoccupation with frames and my misconceptions about how they work. Since I play as Leixia and I have "all the frames", it flusters me when I get pressured by someone who has "less frames than me" because I don't understand in the way frame theory is applied to reality. I only understand "my attacks are fast and I have less disadvantage than everyone else". The actual reasons why things don't work out for me when it comes to pressure are completely lost on me.

One of my critical weaknesses as a player is my preoccupation with frames and my misconceptions about how they work. Since I play as Leixia and I have "all the frames", it flusters me when I get pressured by someone who has "less frames than me" because I don't understand in the way frame theory is applied to reality. I only understand "my attacks are fast and I have less disadvantage than everyone else". The actual reasons why things don't work out for me when it comes to pressure are completely lost on me.
I am relieved that you don't go "batshit crazy" and act somebody who is in so much denial. Both you and me at least try to take the time to learn from our mistakes. Also, you're definitely not mental like the few of the people I've met in SC5, such as Silvomar. Anyways, I get the feeling that WHOOMAAN with his vast knowledge of frames has the THICKEST ego when things don't go his way. I admit, I'm more of a "trial and error" type of person, but I do know key frames here and there. Plus, he doesn't seem to acknowledge crush-type moves as I previously mentioned.

I was just in his room a few minutes ago and he was AFK. His friend adfwe came in and I thought he would press accept so he could pass it on to himself and I. Strangely, adfwe decides to take back his "ready" with five seconds to go and WHOOMAAN just conveniently comes back. WHOOMAAN literally says "you don't know anything" and the jerk-face kicks me. Have to admit it that was pretty annoying. I get the feeling that adfwe ONLY wants to fight a selected few people WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO FIGHT OTHERS. One of these days, I'll have to figure out when adfwe logs in so I can invite him to my room and legitimately fight him.

Oh, by the way, before my previous post I was on my alternate account. In case you guys want to know my alternate account, it's Aetherealessence.

Last edited:
My weak points in playing fighting games is my ability to guess right against my opponents when I'm being pressed by their offense, as well as adapting slowly to said pressure.

This becomes very evident when I get pressured, especially when put into frame traps & setups. If I stay there & try to guess right defensively, my health & guard gauge gets picked away. If I try to be proactive to stop the frame traps & setups from happening, I more than often get rocked for doing so because most of my quick or viable options to stop these situations can be beat out multiple ways by my opponents.

I know & respect the frames more often than not, but due to movement & poking options getting beat out by crush moves (TTT2 system) or tech crouch, tech step, or tech jump moves (SC5 system), I get beat more often than not in these situations.

I believe for me it all stems from playing too textbook & being very logical to when I approach fighting games. I feel it's both a blessing & a curse. I've had a lot of success with my style of play, but with how modern fighting games are nowadays, offense is very strong, so playing fundamentally sound is pretty tough.

I know I'm too inconsistent on these matters. It's either I play really solid with making good guesses & reads to where I play brilliantly, or I don't play solid enough, make the wrong guesses & reads, then get lit up to where a dog turd could have played better than I could of. Lol.

Well, if we're doing Arcade Stick confessionals, here... I don't know. I'm relatively new to the world of fighting games. I mean, I've played fighting games since I was little but only since SCV came out have I actually made the effort to legitimately learn to play one.

I know all the frames more or less but by far my biggest weakness is I try really, really hard to disrespect them lol. Like, I almost try to do some janky set up to get past the frames. Like if I'm -12, I'll probably throw out CE or do a TC move or side step.

A lot of times it works and I look like a fuckin' genius. I just can't adapt as well as some people. People find their way around my jank and I'm too stubborn to try to adapt myself

I think I need to just calm the hell down and stop pressing buttons sometimes haha

Who all is confirming themselves for AA? I'm probably bringing my buddy with me so there will be 2.

EDIT

I mean Alpha Attack, I make it sound like I'm addicted to something lmao

if youre doing a cbus tourny ill totally be there :3 also really wanna start getting some offline training buds

the more exp you are the better

Alpha Attack is a Cincinnati tournament, but there are Columbus players who can probably help you get there.

Back