Owners report Mad Catz SFIV FightStick defects

The loose washer's the main problem. Gluing it down apparently fixes that. Stick's also very mod friendly so it's not a total waste if you want to by an upgradeable stick shell for $80. Still a stupid problem.

Whats the percent of problems and also how many really like it... No product has perfect record ever, even I have had a couple bad Hori's, but I still use them. Internet will always blow crap out of its true context and so, its about Customer Service and Returns if there are issues... Really if it was about defect rate no one would play XBox360 as they have over a 30% failure rate, I have had few too many fail on me and I still play my XBox...

ZyX2323

This isn't surprising to me, as I've had bad experiences with Mad Catz equipment in the past. If what Marginal says is true, it doesn't sound too bad, but it's still going along with what Mad Catz is known for--broken products.

The loose washer is brutal if you don't fix it right way though. It'll destroy the stick's PCB in less than a week by most accounts on NeoGAF. There's also mixed reports on how easy it actually is to disassemble the stick to the point that you can get to the washer.

Swapping in a sanwa stick is dirt easy tho.

This is something I was thinking of considering with the 360 stick if I were to buy the cheap one then put in a HAPP competition stick instead since I'm more pref to that rather then Sanwa or Hori.

Madcats makes junk! Don't be a fool with your cash just because SRK tells you this is the best thing on the market.

TE Hypestick is going for $500 on ebay.

Hrap3 SA owns all over madcraps and you know it!

Back