Persona 5

mizu-kitsu

[10] Knight

Welp, it's FINALLY been announced! It looks like Persona 5 is following in Persona 3's footsteps by being released on the last-gen console in stead of the already officially released, next-gen console. While I'm happy that Persona 5 is going to be a thing, I am slightly bummed that it won't be released until winter of NEXT YEAR! And that's probably only the Japanese release date...

Oh well, hopefully it will be worth the wait! Let's have tons of fun waiting for more announcements!

Aw man i am slave..... and i do want emancipation.....

real talk though, im interested in seeing what their theme is behind this one.

Last edited:
ohgosh.gif

Have any of the Persona titles outside of the fighting game been on Xbox?

Ya we can.

Does anyone think we'll get cameos of any kind, or like P4 and P3, just an acknowledgement that they're in the same world just in a different time/place?

Would depend just how far in the future this game takes place. Recall that Persona 3 came out in 2005/6 and the time period was 2009/2010. Likewise Persona 4 followed a year after both in release and in the game world's time.

Given that this game is releasing in 2014, it may be taking place in 2016 or even later, thereby making it 10 years after P3 and P4. So if you're looking for cameos I would recommend playing the new Arena game instead.

Would depend just how far in the future this game takes place. Recall that Persona 3 came out in 2005/6 and the time period was 2009/2010. Likewise Persona 4 followed a year after both in release and in the game world's time.

Given that this game is releasing in 2014, it may be taking place in 2016 or even later, thereby making it 10 years after P3 and P4. So if you're looking for cameos I would recommend playing the new Arena game instead.
Lol well i DO play P4 Arena, since im a major poverty fighting game player as well, and it is AWFUL, hence our earlier comments about bad fighting games and why we shouldn't be talking about them lol.

But ya this may be true. OR we can get a late 20's Mitsuru and Akihiko and see some super sexiness and some Hokuto no Ken manliness from AKihiko.

I'm not gonna buy a PS4 too soon, so I'm thrilled about this! I spent so much time listening to the Persona: Imagining Project, which is a "fan-made" Persona 5. Now that I hear an official release, ohoho, I can't wait.
It said Winter 2014, so do they mean this coming January/February, or NEXT December? I guess it's next December... I'll still keep my hopes up for Jan./Feb., considering P5 was in development for a long time.
This waiting is eating me ._. --I am slave and I want emancipation...

Aw man i am slave..... and i do want emancipation.....

real talk though, im interested in seeing what their theme is behind this one.

I saw the article and I'm thinking characters will be chained to certain things in their life and will try to free themselves. For example, a job, an abusive other, group initiation, having problems letting go of the past, or drug addiction. I was also thinking maybe instead of the traditional high school, we may have a school for delinquents.

In case of none of the above, what if the setting was a college? P2: Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment had some older characters that weren't in high school, such as Maya, Katsuya, and Baofu.

Just a few of my cents.

Last edited:
NEW! Persona 5 - Tokyo Game Show 2014 Trailer
Coming for PS3 AND PS4, 2015.
I just got the chills. I can't stop watching this, it's that amazing to me. We also got a new silent protagonist. Love the design they came up with him. ATLUS, take my money NOW.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Back