Petition for SoulCalibur III HD Online on PS3 and Xbox 360 release

So just an update of what we want for SC3:
  • SC3 based on arcade edition version C for balance and glitch fixes.
  • Contents of SC3 console updated and appended with contents of AE and HD including online.
  • Fix on data corruption.
  • Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4.
What about Wii, Wii U, PSVita, 3Ds, PC?
Pretty much sums it up. As for the Wii, WiiU, Vita, 3DS and PC: I'm sure Namco would consider it if there's a high demand for the game to be on those consoles (and handheld).

I personally would like SC3 to be downloadable for PC because it is technically superior.

Its not really a big deal, but definitely a big bonus for me and especially to technical pc gamers who love to play fighting games on the pc.

I would love to tell you how the technical side would take advantage of games like SC3, but that would derail the thread.

Hey Seiji, I've made a list of what the community wants for SC3. Can you plz edit your petition topic to Release SoulCalibur III HD online on PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PS4. While you're at it, add those lists to your petition afterwards; I think its best if he gets these specific points on what all/most of us agree on.

This is the list I'm talking about:
  • SC3 based on arcade edition version C for balance and glitch fixes.
  • Contents of SC3 console updated and appended with contents of AE and HD including online.
  • Fix on data corruption.
  • Downloadable for Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4.

Last edited:
Reasons why you would want to petition for SC3 AE version C:
  • Latest version update and perhaps maybe most balanced version out of all SC3 versions.
  • Impressive move set alteration done to characters like Zasalamel.
  • You get to play characters that were excluded in SC5 (Talim, Zasalamel, Cassandra, Hwang, Amy).
  • Many of us never played AE ver C.
  • Overall it feels almost as if it is a new game w/ a promising beginning.

Reasons why you would want to petition for SC3 AE version C:
  • Latest version update and perhaps maybe most balanced version out of all SC3 versions.
  • Impressive move set alteration done to characters like Zasalamel.
  • You get to play characters that were excluded in SC5 (Talim, Zasalamel, Cassandra, Hwang, Amy).
  • Many of us never played AE ver C.
  • Overall it feels almost as if it is a new game w/ a promising beginning.

This man speaks the truth... Spread the Word!

^I agree and I've already asked the OP to change the topic of this thread and the topic of his petition.

I hate to be "that guy," but I don't see any logical thinking behind this. If SoulCalibur II HD (the 'best' game in the series according to everyone) wasn't successful , how will SoulCalibur III HD fair any better? Because of one game mode and a few supposed broken styles?

I hate to be "that guy," but I don't see any logical thinking behind this. If SoulCalibur II HD (the 'best' game in the series according to everyone) wasn't successful , how will SoulCalibur III HD fair any better? Because of one game mode and a few supposed broken styles?
Do you have the sales figures?

According to vgChartz, 1.07 million copies of SC3 was sold world wide.

This is based on the console version which combines NTSC(Americas), PAL(Europe), JPN(Japanese) together; if we're to petition for the console version, REPROBEAN's logic would make sense, but with Arcade Edition, it's almost like a new game and it looks promising.

I already explained my reasons and hopefully got everyone here to support SC3 AE version C.

Last edited:
Then I had to stick with Ninjaguy and ask REPROBEAN where he gets his info from? I'm looking for sales figures for SC2HD on Google and I'm getting only past SC2 sales instead of the recent SC2 HD sales.

But the main reason still stands, SC3 AE ver C is almost like a new game and SC2 is like a favourite past time. Besides SC1, and SC2 had their turns now its SC3's turn.

I couldn't find any sales figures for SCII HD anywhere. Shouldn't the lack of sales info be an indicator in itself that something wasn't right? It's 2015 now. Besides, I wasn't referring to sales; haven't seen anything that suggests SCII HD was successful. Online mode is non-existent, it had very little critic or user reviews, next to no marketing, and the game didn't get a whole lot of attention, despite a few tournaments like TGL. It was mainly fans of SC2 demanding the re-release and I doubt a game that far back is going to sell when the new consoles came out that year.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any sales figures for SCII HD anywhere. Shouldn't that be an indicator in itself that something isn't right? It's 2015 now. Besides, I wasn't referring to sales; haven't seen anything that suggests SCII HD was successful. Online mode is non-existent, it had very little critic or user reviews, next to no marketing, and the game didn't get a whole lot of attention, despite a few tournaments like TGL. It was mainly fans of SC2 demanding the re-release and I doubt a game that far back isn't going to sell when the new consoles came out that year.
Just because people forgot about it a couple months after it came out doesn't mean that it didn't sell well. It's sad, though, that the game died out so quickly.

I personally doubt that we'll see SC3 HD, but it'd definitely be nice and a way to make some more money without too much effort.

Especially this. There was little reason for anyone to want SC2, other than for nostalgia.
But there are more reasons for us to petition for SC3 AE ver C. There have been many big changes from console to arcade edition and its not just balance changes; many of us never get to experience the latest update.

I was lucky to play AE ver B but unfortunately on an arcade stick which I was not comfortable using at that time and that was before the arcade scene died.

Back