Players you no longer see anymore

Hello there! I don't often post in forums but there's one player who I haven't fought in ages: XBL user geejay008. A very friendly Sophitia/Pyrrha Omega who I learned quite a bit from when I first started playing SCV :). I believe he has an account here on 8way (I've just checked and he hadn't logged in since 2012 :( ) I assume he's moved away from playing Soul Calibur, whatever he's upto now I hope he's doing well!

Also I know this is mainly for PSN users but I've never played Spul Calibur on there, I hope that's ok?

Last edited:
xragnarok645x: I first met xragnarok while playing ranked matches in SCIV. Me and him kept going head to head using Xianghua. He was stacking wins on me and I was only able to come so close at times. Then he sent me a message saying "I hope I'm not frustrating you." If you know me, I don't take games seriously enough to let it frustrate me if I'm losing. I only find it fun to try harder and harder to see if I can actually pull things off which I do sometimes. We've had a lot of friendly chats and then I would see him as a Viola player in SCV. His Leixia was just as deadly as his Xianghua. Not too long after that, I've had the pleasure of meeting xragnarok in person at an offline tourney in my hometown. It was hosted by Sluch.

GamingGodz: Back in SCIV, I would run into this guy a lot in ranked matches. At first he used to always stack wins on me. Then I've gotten better to the point where we began to go back and forth. Then in SCV, I had the edge. As often as I've battled him, I don't think we've ever spoke to each other.

ErgoPhoenix: I've mentioned this player before. It appears he has officially left Soul Calibur now. (I'm confident he'll make a comeback in SC6 though lol... he loves the franchise too much I'm sure) I have a very large history with this guy so strap yourself in for a long story. He was the first very real pro player I've met in my noob days. Going up against a player like this in your very first few weeks of playing and learning Soul Calibur means you're not going to get anywhere near him. I remember sending him a message saying "There's just NO WAY you can do all of that!" Whatever message he sent back and however I replied, we both ended up becoming friends immediately.

From then on, there were more players who were wrecking me back to back. I would mention and call in ErgoPhoenix and he destroyed them all. There were even players that I thought WOULD actually be a challenge to ErgoPhoenix and Ergo made short work them every time. He had me thinking that there was absolutely NO player he couldn't beat although it didn't come to my mind to ask him until later. I've never seen ErgoPhoenix lose. I did eventually ask him was there any players he couldn't beat. This is exactly what he told me-> "I don't even compared to GODLIKE players like draconoir, Freaky-Styley and CBM033. draconoir is the only player I can't beat. The other two I struggle to win against but it does indeed happen."

I decided to pursue draconoir first and I learned more about him pretty quick. I once gave draconoir a compliment by saying "People should pay tickets to see you play." He had no idea what I meant. Then I went for Freaky-Styley and I only received messages from him saying that he doesn't play Soul Calibur much anymore but would only play with his friends. In Fact, the closest I've ever gotten to battling Freaky-Styley was when I found a room that he was hosting and then he kicked me out screaming "FRIENDS ONLY!!!" Other than that, I've never, ever, ever played him. Then I went for CBM033 and I couldn't find anything. From all of the messages I've sent him, I've gotten NO response. But it so happens I find a session one day with HIM in it. After about 2 or 3 battles, he sends me a friend request... Just Like That.

Later on I told ErgoPhoenix about my experiences with those players he referred me to. He had his own personal opinions about them too which he did share a portion of. He said that draconoir is really a nice person if he finds you interesting. He also said that he was sorry for the way Freaky-Styley has treated me because he was usually nice to him. As for CBM033, well... Ergo said CBM033 was a jerk and he didn't agree with me becoming his friend.

Even after all of that, ErgoPhoenix would still be the one who wrecks all of my betters. But then I came across a player named kenhowe. Both his Kilik and Ivy was unlike anything I've ever seen... well at least at the time. From that, I've finally seen ErgoPhoenix get wrecked. I was stunned because I knew how good Ergo was. But ErgoPhoenix and kenhowe didn't end on good terms. Then I started giving kenhowe challenges and the first player I mention is draconoir. This is exactly what draconoir said about kenhowe-> "He Suck! He's a bad loser and he will kick you out if you beat him!" What kenhowe said about draconoir wasn't too much different. Then I got to see them battle each other and draconoir destroyed him BIGTIME. It was like 9 and 0 if I remember correctly. Then kenhowe said he knew a player named gakel86 who could beat draconoir. (That's how I met gakel86) I would have loved to have seen gakel86 and draconoir battle each other yet both claim that they were evenly matched.

From all of these experiences, all I could wonder is how in the world could I ever play as good as any of these players. gakel86 and a player named TopKnot-Predator gave me the best advice ever. Observation and Time. Also, never be afraid to ask questions. TopKnot-Predator said "Just give it 3 years and you'll be the one that most players will hate to play."

It's almost been 6 years and these are the outcomes-> The last time I've played draconoir, I won. The last time I've played kenhowe, I won. The last time I played CBM033, I totally wrecked him 10 and 0. The last time I played gakel86, I lost. The last time I've played TopKnot-Predator, I lost. The last time I've played Ergophoenix, I lost. I'll miss you ErgoPhoenix and even without you, Soul Calibur still goes on.

Enkindu: First time I've played him, he was unlike any Voldo I've even seen. The way he used Voldo were like things I've only seen in games like Mortal Kombat. He was THAT good. Whenever he picked someone else other than Voldo, I could win.

Another name

WASHINGTON5: Siegfred player who seemed very tough at first until draconoir pointed out his weakness.

That's really refreshing to see that someone like you isn't quick to judge. If only certain people could be like us. I mean I may call someone stupid, but not because they are. It's because I'm straightforward and would rather be proved wrong.....except some people are bitter stone throwers. Those people I avoid, but should I confront them I'm gonna be straight up with them until they straighten up. Otherwise, I'll still treat them with respect.

Maybe we'll fight again sometime btw.

I'd be in denial if I were to say I have no "bad history" with a few people from this site. Indeed I do, and all I will say regarding it, is some people really enjoy trying to bring the worst out of others. I don't blame any of them though, if I fail to keep my composure with certain people/things, then it could mean I have some things to work on. I "did" used to go around saying to people "I have one of the top Taki's on PSN," in the early days of SCIV. I was about the age of 22 at the time. Fast forward to SCV, and players who knew me from SCIV started complimenting my Viola, saying "I have one of the top ones" on PSN. This brought me attention, and looking back, it was not the kind of attention I wanted because truth-be-told I have never had the passion towards Viola that I have towards Taki. I've played every single Calibur (including Soul Blade/Edge) and my love has always been with the ninja. Some people may say I failed to show up to any of my "Exitwounds Tournaments" or any other big ones and while this is true, I could care less. Until Taki comes back (and she better not be trash like SCIV) then I have no desire to show up to any offline tournaments with my Viola. With that being said, Overall I've had a great experience with the vast majority of people I've encountered both Online and Offline.

Last edited:
I'd be in denial if I were to say I have no "bad history" with a few people from this site. Indeed I do, and all I will say regarding it, is some people really enjoy trying to bring the worst out of others. I don't blame any of them though, if I fail to keep my composure with certain people/things, then it could mean I have some things to work on. I "did" used to go around saying to people "I have one of the top Taki's on PSN," in the early days of SCIV. I was about the age of 22 at the time. Fast forward to SCV, and players who knew me from SCIV started complimenting my Viola, saying "I have one of the top ones" on PSN. This brought me attention, and looking back, it was not the kind of attention I wanted because truth-be-told I have never had the passion towards Viola that I have towards Taki. I've played every single Calibur (including Soul Blade/Edge) and my love has always been with the ninja. Some people may say I failed to show up to any of my "Exitwounds Tournaments" or any other big ones and while this is true, I could care less. Until Taki comes back (and she better not be trash like SCIV) then I have no desire to show up to any offline tournaments with my Viola. With that being said, Overall I've had a great experience with the vast majority of people I've encountered both Online and Offline.

Well spoken :) I've read what Xephukai said about you. Bad History Indeed mate lol. No ill will from me though. You're cool.

Last edited:

Funny that I'll say you're definitely a legit Viola, and you wrecked my Yoshi in two. Not only that, you gave me sound advice on my attacking at disadvantage. Times have changed and people either got better or worse. I'd say you're the former, because I heard of you in SCIV days. I mean, there are gossip junk/trends on say Facebook and even here that I got to tread carefully of. I can't say I'm proud of the mistakes when I do mess up, but they're like scars of remembrance or something.

Offline tourneys is my biggest desire bar me serving God. It's just life be cruel and that's that. As much as I'd like to go, I'm in a situation where I have legit frustration in my life(loved ones need assistance). However that's why God will help me out of this, and I'll have at least one tourney before I move on. I genuinely desire to at least some people on this site before I move on to new phases in life such as: of course serving God, maybe making a food truck thing, getting married, and other things.

Suffice to say for now, I'm temporarily enjoying the last of my single wild and free days. Let's play online sometime.

xragnarok645x: I first met xragnarok while playing ranked matches in SCIV. Me and him kept going head to head using Xianghua. He was stacking wins on me and I was only able to come so close at times. Then he sent me a message saying "I hope I'm not frustrating you." If you know me, I don't take games seriously enough to let it frustrate me if I'm losing. I only find it fun to try harder and harder to see if I can actually pull things off which I do sometimes. We've had a lot of friendly chats and then I would see him as a Viola player in SCV. His Leixia was just as deadly as his Xianghua. Not too long after that, I've had the pleasure of meeting xragnarok in person at an offline tourney in my hometown. It was hosted by Sluch.

Long time no see! Sorry I don't play SCV very often. I usually end up playing SCIV or TTT2. I decided to look back at 8wayrun to see how everyone was doing. Looks like there's still some activity. No doubt it will get packed once we get information on SCVI. Until then, see you soon. :)

XEPHUKAI: I get the distinct feeling that this is going to raise quite a number of eyebrows and turn some heads. I'm mentioning him because I no longer see him Online in SC anymore but I'm sure he's still around. Now. I first heard about Xephukai from a player named RIDLEYomega. He said Xephukai and OOFMATIC are VERY good. For a good while, those were the two names that's been stuck in my head. Xephukai and OOFMATIC. Xephukai and OOFMATIC. Xeph and OOF, Xeph and OOF. Are these guys buddies to each other? or brothers? Bromancing? gakel86 and draconoir agreed that Xephukai was extremely good. They didn't say much about OOFMATIC... well draconoir said he hated OOF.

After hearing about Xephukai and OOFMATIC. I decided to pursue Xeph first. I sent him a message and an invite and he joined immediately with no questions asked. I matched him up against CBM033. Xeph was like a Super Cervantes which made CBM say "Holyshit!" After that, I wanted to match him up against kenhowe. But kenhowe refused by saying exactly this-> "He's a dick-in-the-asshole and I have no interest in playing him." That took me by suprise. Later on, I found out that there were other very tough players that didn't take too kindly to Xephukai. Like Saion89, Exitwounds, SamEJIV and more others. SamEJIV said "There's a difference between playing good and being a good player. Xeph just plays good."
I remember entering a session that Xeph was hosting and he was using his mic. I heard nothing but profanity honestly.

Awhile later, I decided to invite him again to see how far I've come along. I didn't get any response for awhile. From that, I decided to try a little joke on him by saying "If you don't play me, I'm going to tell everybody I can beat you." It was an unrealistic blackmail but it definitely got his attention and he took it very seriously. The thing that made the blackmail unrealistic is because he beat me 10 - 0 which meant I didn't get far at all. Anyway I thanked him for the battles and then he said "Next time you should keep your mouth shut you idiot." Then we got into an argument.

Later on, I discovered that he posted what I said on 8wayrun and players were agreeing with Xeph saying "That was a stupid message. CaptainBoomz03 really should have kept quiet and minded his own business." Shortly after that, I wasn't able to get into my account in 8wayrun. This had me thinking. "Could what I've said to Xeph has gotten me banned from 8wayrun?" I mean I've tried EVERYTHING. I've even tried creating new accounts. Nothing Worked. So I was gone for awhile and couldn't get back in until about 2 years later. Within those 2 years, I was left banging my head against things saying "It's all my fault! What was I thinking?! Sure it was a blackmail but was it really that serious?!" Yeah I was torn apart. Then I was like "Ok Xeph, you win. I'll stay quiet." Even to this day I continue to do this. [Sort of].

I still continued to run into him online even so. I just never said anything to him. Even in the process of not saying anything to Xeph, I was still under the uneasy feeling that he remembered who I was and if I made one wrong move (say anything), I was going to revisit the past which I have NO intention of doing. But then much later around the times that I was back in 8wayrun, I came into a chatroom with HIM in it. Xephukai spoke to me. It wasn't like a conversation or anything. It was like he was cheering me on as if I was famous. I definitely had mixed thoughts on that experience. Maybe he didn't remember me. I still didn't say anything to him because in a way, it still seemed like a risk.

But there's been more chatrooms I've seen Xeph in afterwards and I did say a word or two to him and from what I can tell, I'm still on 8wayrun :) That is just the story of how I know Xeph and if there anything extra, I hear he's the grand champion of SCV now. I wanted to share some logic. It's never necessary to constantly spread hate about a player who is possibly better and would take pleasure in proving it to you even if it is inconveniently. Honestly how many of us can say we see a player like this every minute? Let's face it. THIS IS ONLINE so it's to be considerably expected. I get beat all the time by players who would always send messages to me saying "YOU SUCK!" It never stopped me playing. There has even been times that I've ran into those players again ending with me being the one who wins and getting removed -DTH_WSH"cough" -. It's best to play for yourself. Not to impress others. Everything else I do is for entertainment. Like writing this blog. Think about it.

TANHAUSSER1: I still see this fella, though not on SCV much. This is the player who had the biggest impact on me in ALL of my experiences playing SoulCalibur. Before I've actually battled him, I saw his youtube video. When I was fresh, The Apprentice was my main in SCIV and for the longest, I thought I was the only one who knew how to use him amongst players I've came acrossed. But then I saw this->
All I could think from then on was how would my App do against his. His Apprentice wrecked me and every other lightsaber player I've seen-(Specifically any other player that used The App, Darth or Yoda)

There was a time that I was feeling down and unsure of myself about my skills. Then TAN recommended me to a player he thought I should battle. (Forgot who it was) He told me he was good. I battled him and he WAS good. But I won. It was at that moment that I immediately understood the point the TANHAUSSER1 was trying to make. "Not every good player is better than you, some good players can also be not as good. You're ahead of some and you're behind some." That point alone made me stop caring about how good a player could be entirely and only focus on playing and trying to do good in every battle because that's where the true fun lies. In my opinion, that is the most rarest lesson that any player would teach to a player. That's what makes TANHAUSSER1 my number one choice to recommend any player to battle with online. Even to this day, he is on my friends list. I've even had the pleasure to meet TANHAUSSER1 in person at an offline tournament in my hometown. It was hosted by Sluch.

Last edited:
Why is kenhowe so consistently a turd in these stories?

Also Xeph is still on PSN under an alt. ZidaneFC IIRC.

Why is kenhowe so consistently a turd in these stories?

Also Xeph is still on PSN under an alt. ZidaneFC IIRC.

Let's just say that kenhowe was a lot like Xephukai. Not much to say, takes the game very seriously and they both had the same exact opinion about a player named Rey_

My internet has been shutting down a lot lately so it's hard to come online now.

There were actually a number of players who would react that way back in the days of SCIV. The Champion of triggering that reaction was a player named Corrondo25

I don't have anything against kenhowe at all. As I said earlier, he taught me most of what I know. He was my master.

Back