Poll : Which one is your worst fear?

Which one is your worst fear?

• Darkness

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • A sort of animal such as bugs or dogs.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Pain

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Heights

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Death/Dead beings

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Blood/Gore

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Natural disasters such as earthquakes

• Ghosts/Undeads

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I have no fears!!!

• Total voters
I've got a horrible phobia of needles, if that counts.

Good to see you Y-Disciple.

I also hate seeing fingernails that have been damaged, and I get the heebie jeebies when people touch their eyes. It's why I can't wear contacts.

Landslide, I totally hear you on the eye part. At this point the media has just about completely desensitized me to violence but if I even see like a Loony Toons cartoon where someone gets poked in the eye it bothers me. I can't wear contacts either. Luckily most of my life my vision has been pretty good and it is only recently it has gotten worse.

In the immortal words of Dave Barry “I suppose I could wear contact lenses. But people who wear them are always weeping and blinking, and their eyes turn red, as though their mothers had just died. You want to go up to them on the street and say, ‘There, there,’ and maybe give them money. Also, you never hear of anybody who wears them successfully for more than maybe three weeks. People are always saying, ‘I really liked them, but my hair started to fall out,’ or, ‘I had this girlfriend, Denise, and one of her contacts slid up under her eyelid and went into her bloodstream and got stuck in her brain, and now she never finishes her sentences.’”

As for the nail part I have had a compulsion to pick/clip my nails since I was young. The white part of the nail just bugs me to no end. It doesn't make any logical sense but my mind never forgives me if I don't. Sure I can't pick up quarters but you know what it is still totally worth it.

Back