PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before all of this backlash from the X1, I was ready to hand the console war to Microsoft. What mostly made me dislike the ps4 was no backwards compatibility. I spent lots of dollars on games for my ps3 and none of it will carry over. Though due to the recent announcement of the always online garbage, and game sharing fees (seriously what the fuck) on the X1, its an automatic no buy for me. This leaves me with a 60/40 choice for the next generation of consoles; 40 percent chance that ill buy a ps4, and a 60 percent chance i wont "upgrade" for a long while.

You could buy a PC too.

PS3 didnt had real backwards compatibility either, unless you are counting the old 60 GB models.
Its not a decision MS and Sony made freely but its just that you need to put in the hardware of the older console for it to work. The drawback of that is that you have to make the consoles way more expensive, which is more downside than upside. Remember how much money an old 60 GB PS3 costed?

They kinda decided for the lesser evil and made the consoles more affordable in sacrifice of backwards compatibility. At least in that regard i cant blame MS/Sony for their decision.

Just waiting for E3 before I make my decision. You never know X1 may just make a comeback, although it doesn't seem likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back