PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He started arguing with someone about efame and their status as a video gamer.

Ummmm....that may or may not have been my fault. LOL

But yeah suck it IJ. who then tried to come on 8wr with a alt account tryingto talk shit to me, then Jaxel promplty came in and exposed that guy. Havent seen him since. (banned?)

Brand loyalty is what IJ and you have mein fruend lol. Wanting it to be good when it was bad, to have a future when the future was dim.

It was the lack of brand loyalty and all the crying by Microsoft fans, not ps4 fans, that gained the switch.
I have brand loyalty? "C'mon Son" If the family share didn't turn out to be anything spectacular I would've gladly brought a PS4. A lot of the complaining was born of ignorance. I work at Best Buy. It was literally no different then a scrub getting on 8wayrun.com and saying "Segfred iz tey OP blah blah blah." Jimmy Fallon went on his show and said "Xbox One can't play used games" which was squashed literally, right after the X1 reveal. M$ is to blame for that but its not entirely. Its called being a smart consumer. Not regurgitating the most popular thing you've heard.

How about this for brand loyalty mein fruend? Enjoy the quality of Internet gaming on PS4 being the same as it is on PS3 with a pay wall. Hold that.

Its not like you get free games and refunds or anything of that nature Kappa

But yes, sucks that you HAVE to buy Plus now. I bought it for my PS3 though because its a good service, not because i needed it for online. So its not comparable to XBL where you just payed to play online.
Its nice though, that you get free games on XBL Gold now too with X1.

Why "the same" though? You get Cross chat now, which wasnt possible on PS3 and its most likely going to be a better online service now that you have to pay for it. At least thats what they are promising (they will have to prove it though, of course)

Ummmm....that may or may not have been my fault. LOL

But yeah suck it IJ. who then tried to come on 8wr with a alt account tryingto talk shit to me, then Jaxel promplty came in and exposed that guy. Havent seen him since. (banned?)

Nah he is just under watch so he will only post things if it is allowed.
But I say that was one of a hell pretentious child , and getting in my bad side really says something about one personality.

Its not like you get free games and refunds or anything of that nature Kappa

But yes, sucks that you HAVE to buy Plus now. I bought it for my PS3 though because its a good service, not because i needed it for online. So its not comparable to XBL where you just payed to play online.
Its nice though, that you get free games on XBL Gold now too with X1.

Why "the same" though? You get Cross chat now, which wasnt possible on PS3 and its most likely going to be a better online service now that you have to pay for it. At least thats what they are promising (they will have to prove it though, of course)
MP is blocked behind a pay wall to help with making PSN better. How long will that take? If it still P2P connections on PS4 and they only gets better when the players connections get better. Seems like the same experience. XBL will have dedicated servers for every game.

I'd also like to add that I do get free games that I can freely choose from on both systems by using Bing Rewards (USA only). I can always keep them. Even if a membership lapses. Though the only thing I have on PS3 is Breath of Fire IV.

I have brand loyalty? "C'mon Son" If the family share didn't turn out to be anything spectacular I would've gladly brought a PS4.

You would've had to. Family share = free access to a 60 minute demo mode with option to purchase.

I have brand loyalty? "C'mon Son" If the family share didn't turn out to be anything spectacular I would've gladly brought a PS4. A lot of the complaining was born of ignorance. I work at Best Buy. It was literally no different then a scrub getting on 8wayrun.com and saying "Segfred iz tey OP blah blah blah." Jimmy Fallon went on his show and said "Xbox One can't play used games" which was squashed literally, right after the X1 reveal. M$ is to blame for that but its not entirely. Its called being a smart consumer. Not regurgitating the most popular thing you've heard.

How about this for brand loyalty mein fruend? Enjoy the quality of Internet gaming on PS4 being the same as it is on PS3 with a pay wall. Hold that.

They haven't even commented or confirmed on that yet. They have said they'll be using the + revenue to better the system, obviously, but they didn't say how or when or even WHAT.
This isn't a good thing of course, but it's not a BAD thing. It's a limbo thing. Something that sure needs to be answered, but not something you can thrash on. Especially to me since i don't care lol.

MS is adopting Sony's PS+ free games method that'd they've had for a while now. So this isn't a feature or perk that anyone can use to hold over the other console.
Both consoles will be giving free games now. Hell both consoles are coming with free games at launch. KI on XB1 and Knack on PS4... and Driveclub if you're a ps+ user i think.
Sony fans can't use this as an excuse now either for why it's a good deal to have ps+ over xbl, since now xb1 will have it and a much better network infrastructure with dedicated servers.
Sony will need to step this part up.

So it's whatever.

They haven't even commented or confirmed on that yet. They have said they'll be using the + revenue to better the system, obviously, but they didn't say how or when or even WHAT.
This isn't a good thing of course, but it's not a BAD thing. It's a limbo thing. Something that sure needs to be answered, but not something you can thrash on. Especially to me since i don't care lol.

MS is adopting Sony's PS+ free games method that'd they've had for a while now. So this isn't a feature or perk that anyone can use to hold over the other console.
Both consoles will be giving free games now. Hell both consoles are coming with free games at launch. KI on XB1 and Knack on PS4... and Driveclub if you're a ps+ user i think.
Sony fans can't use this as an excuse now either for why it's a good deal to have ps+ over xbl, since now xb1 will have it and a much better network infrastructure with dedicated servers.
Sony will need to step this part up.

So it's whatever.
This has been my concern all along. Sony hasn't made any mention of how their improving PSN. Everything about PS4 sounds amazing but if your network sucks then that's a very important part of the buying equation. As of right now I would pay the extra 100 bucks for Xbox 1 cause I know Live delivers. I can't believe everyone is blindly looking past this. Plus PSN isn't free anymore so alittle info as too what the consumer is buying would be nice.

Make me a believer Sony and save me 100 bucks!

You would've had to. Family share = free access to a 60 minute demo mode with option to purchase.
The anonymous blog again? When that info comes from official M$ channels (the same that never made mention of demo or trials as the shared copy) I will believe it. I don't just believe everything I read on the internet. Last time I saw people do that they said X1 games were running on high-end PCs at E3 and that turned out to be false. I was having so much fun with all that salt.

Now that I think about it why would they restrict how many people can play a demo? This has now become one of the more lol worthy things I've heard about it.

The anonymous blog again? When that info comes from official M$ channels (the same that never made mention of demo or trials as the shared copy) I will believe it
MS never explained it. It's easy to believe whatever you like obviously.

The anonymous blog again? When that info comes from official M$ channels (the same that never made mention of demo or trials as the shared copy) I will believe it. I don't just believe everything I read on the internet. Last time I saw people do that they said X1 games were running on high-end PCs at E3 and that turned out to be false. I was having so much fun with all that salt.

Now that I think about it why would they restrict how many people can play a demo? This has now become one of the more lol worthy things I've heard about it.

Umm that was NOT false, they were ran on pc's for most of the demo floor and the stage.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

This has been my concern all along. Sony hasn't made any mention of how their improving PSN. Everything about PS4 sounds amazing but if your network sucks then that's a very important part of the buying equation. As of right now I would pay the extra 100 bucks for Xbox 1 cause I know Live delivers. I can't believe everyone is blindly looking past this. Plus PSN isn't free anymore so alittle info as too what the consumer is buying would be nice.

Make me a believer Sony and save me 100 bucks!

I don't think that matters as much at all. Despite psn being inferior it still depended on the game to deliver. Such as playing online with BB or SCV or TTT2 was still fantastic, and in the case of BB and SCV occasionally felt flawless.
Albeit these are special cases, definitely minor in the amount of multiplayer games out there, but that's all that matters to me.
I dislike shooter in general, don't like rts or moba either so the only multiplayer games i play in general AND online are fighters. So i can't say of course how much better or worse they are to 360, because i also don't care.
Now even for most fighters the online is noticeably inferior to 360, Capcom games not running GGPO (the big ones), DoA, MK9, Injustice, etc..... if it isn't Aksys or Namco right now psn sucks the most balls.
However my main franchises are BB and SC, Mahvel and P4A being 2nd. P4A has just as good online and Marvel is so big i don't need online.
Hell i don't get online for most of these games ANYWAY because it ruins my offline timing no matter what console im on.

So for ME, despite me REALLY wanting them to improve it, if they left it as is and AKsys/Namco make their netcode as good as they already are, than i dont care.

MS never explained it. It's easy to believe whatever you like obviously.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/on-xbox-ones-social-network-canceled-family-share-demos
^I told you. Just a little bit of logic goes a very long way. You can thank all the fanboys crying on the Internet for this.

@Animefreak No it was just LocoCycle. http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/xbox-one-games-did-not-run-on-high-end-pcs-at-e3.39428/ 3rd party games probably were running PCs but X1 exclusives (Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza 5) were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back