PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank the dismal preorders you mean. I can't believe that logically the publishers were cool with MS giving away 9 copies of their games for free.
No. M$ fully intended to take a hit in sales. The M$ fanboys couldn't let the changes go and kept spreading misinformation which probably made M$ bottom line look worse off then they expected. If people simply spoke with their wallets instead of their keyboards we wouldn't have missed out on this awesome ass feature.

Also 1 copy between ten people is better than 1 copy between hundreds. I think you grossly underestimate how much a single used game can cycle through people. I guess publishers followed the concept of give a little to get a lot. Realistically, I doubt a lot of people even lend their game to 9 other people so they were really giving a whole lot.

I think Square Enix said they can literally port a game from one system to the other without changing much. Xbox definitely lost its edge in being easier than Playstation to make games for. At least this eliminates most of the research when buying a multiplatform game for PS4.

Sony needs to release some more on The Order. I really wanna see what actual gameplay is like. I heard its 3rd person which was a shock to me. The trailer just screamed FPS for some reason.

No. M$ fully intended to take a hit in sales.
There's a hit in sales and then there' rolling back a strategy they had been supporting rabidly straight up to two days before.

The M$ fanboys couldn't let the changes go and kept spreading misinformation which probably made M$ bottom line look worse off then they expected. If people simply spoke with their wallets instead of their keyboards we wouldn't have missed out on this awesome ass feature.
It may still appear for digital purchases. We'll see how that turns out.

Also 1 copy between ten people is better than 1 copy between hundreds. I think you grossly underestimate how much a single used game can cycle through people. I guess publishers followed the concept of give a little to get a lot.
I get the feeling they hadn't really talked to the publishers about it much when they announced it. A lot of XBOne's policies didn't seem fully fleshed out like they were making them up as they went...

That aside, The Order looks like a squad based third person shooter. Other than that, I don't think there's much info to be had right now since it hasn't been in development all that long.

My gaming journalist friend told me about the share feature like a month before the X1 reveal. I guess they at least ran something by publishers. I just think M$ is too "suit and tie" for their own good.

After what my boyfriend went threw with Sony I'm very iffy about putting my credit card on a console. Especially after all the heat M$ is taking. Hopefully they keep the bing rewards program when they switch over to real currency. That will help a lot.

I just want something fresh for the shooting game genre. Zombies and enemy soldiers are tried and true. Whatever they were shooting at in The Order looked promising. Hopefully it isn't just your typical "run straight at a barrage of bullets" type of monster. It will most likely be fun but the AI seriously needs to be stepped up next gen.

There's a hit in sales and then there' rolling back a strategy they had been supporting rabidly straight up to two days before.

Amazon.com's TOP SELLING game related product for the past 8 straight days now has been the Xbox One over PS4.

Xbox One pre-orders are selling like hot cakes, my local Gamestop is sold out of pre-orders due to overwhelming demand.

Minnesota Mall of America's Microsoft store was sold out of Xbox One pre-orders due to popular demand.

Anyone who says Microsoft did what they did for the sake of "sales" is a complete liar. That or they're just ill-informed. I'm glad Microsoft changed their policies, but at the same time I'm fine with their other policies supporting publishers. Either way, it just took away anything Xbox haters had to complain about.

Amazon.com's TOP SELLING game related product for the past 8 straight days now has been the Xbox One over PS4.

Xbox One pre-orders are selling like hot cakes, my local Gamestop is sold out of pre-orders due to overwhelming demand.

Minnesota Mall of America's Microsoft store was sold out of Xbox One pre-orders due to popular demand.

Anyone who says Microsoft did what they did for the sake of "sales" is a complete liar. That or they're just ill-informed. I'm glad Microsoft changed their policies, but at the same time I'm fine with their other policies supporting publishers. Either way, it just took away anything Xbox haters had to complain about.

Do you have a source for this claim? Googling "Amazon top sellers" shows The Last of Us for PS3 at #1, the PS4 at #2...and the Xbone at #5.

I personally want both consoles for next gen now.

still highly attracted to the PS4's Small form factor, cheaper launch price(may get it first), and that indie support.(Mercenary Kings was shown at E3...I backed that on Kickstarter :D )

Not looking forward to 2 paywalls though...

As a matter of fact I do:

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

^ Notice Xbox One at the top? Yep, and the PS4 is in 4th place. Also to note, the Xbox One has been on top since Jun 18th.

So despite what people say on the internet, the Xbox One is selling amazingly.

I see. I do suspect though that the PS4 is still hugely outselling it, as there are actually three different PS4 bundles in the top 100 at #4, #5 and #7 (and a fourth at #18), and only one Xbox listing.

PS4 has multiple SKU's. XBOne doesn't.

I just want something fresh for the shooting game genre. Zombies and enemy soldiers are tried and true. Whatever they were shooting at in The Order looked promising. Hopefully it isn't just your typical "run straight at a barrage of bullets" type of monster. It will most likely be fun but the AI seriously needs to be stepped up next gen.
It looked like they were shooting at werewolves. Ideally it's a humans vs all sorts of supernatural creatures kinda thing and not just werewolves...

I see. I do suspect though that the PS4 is still hugely outselling it, as there are actually three different PS4 bundles in the top 100 at #4, #5 and #7 (and a fourth at #18), and only one Xbox listing.

Not exactly, out of the top 20, 8 were Xbox items in relation to gaming products. Sony doesn't have as good of exclusives as the Xbox One is getting. But Sony does have a lot of pre-ordered accessories which is good.

TitanFall, Crimson Dragon, Minecraft, Garden Warfare, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo are all Xbox exclusives. But Sony's exclusives will sell pretty well anyways.

Lol, everyone says the Xbox One has crap sales, but it's the #1 seller on Amazon.com. Har har har... Thank god for unbiased sales numbers.

Yes. We're talking about consoles, though. Of which there is only one Xbox listing.

So...?? People said the Xbox One was selling like crap, yet it shows the Xbox One as the #1 seller. Boom.. bang... boom...

I think I'm finally done discussing this whole "Xbox vs Playstation" nonsense. If you hate Xbox, then don't buy it, period. I look forward to posting about more significant things from here on out. I pretty much realized people just hate Xbox, and despite policies changes, console spec changes, they'll just pick PS4. So who really cares to argue semantics?

Buy whatever you want to buy... thanks!

I pretty much realized people just hate Xbox, and despite policies changes, console spec changes, they'll just pick PS4.

nope, just hate kinect. i'm looking forward to getting an XB1 and eventually a PS4, but getting either of them on launch is dumb....plus dark souls 2 has yet to be announced for next gen so i'll be sticking with my 360 for a long time.

So...?? People said the Xbox One was selling like crap, yet it shows the Xbox One as the #1 seller. Boom.. bang... boom...

I think I'm finally done discussing this whole "Xbox vs Playstation" nonsense. If you hate Xbox, then don't buy it, period. I look forward to posting about more significant things from here on out. I pretty much realized people just hate Xbox, and despite policies changes, console spec changes, they'll just pick PS4. So who really cares to argue semantics?

Buy whatever you want to buy... thanks!
And why are U here! This is a Ps4 Thread not a Xbot with a Dick in his ass Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back