PSN/XBL Ragequitters

When you're being pinned down with 6-7 consecutive hits which eventually push you to the rings edge i don't care how weak you seem to think he is, the fact is hes VERY effective at crushing guard and push backs on small stages.

Even if Zwei wasn't shit, which he is. The fact of the matter is that it's not like he was using broken tactics. Falling for spam is never anyone else's fault apart from the idiot who is falling for it. If you want cheap then play Tekken 4, where Jin had an unblockable launcher that was impossible to stop on reaction, that was cheap, because there way no way you could get out of it.

There's nothing like that in SCV (as far as we know). You sound like one of those whiny babies who cry about someone using a throw too much, even though you can duck throws easily.

EDIT: scratch that, you sound like a rage quitter. How appropriate. You know I once had a rage quitter tell me my Viola was cheap.

Viola.

Haha.

ZWEI is a shit character and you are deluded.
Go to training mode, he is unplayable competitively.

Games been out for little over a week and he's already been written off completely, I guess I must be completely delusional then...

You are. He has so many fundamental holes in his game.
WGC Cannes is this weekend - if you see Hayate winning with ZWEI on stream (which you won't against good players) I will be amazed.
Linear, slow, unsafe, poor punishers, non-spectacular damage, non-amazing throws. What am I missing here?

Alpha Patroklos is a really good character
Natsu is a good character
ZWEI is not a good character.

And when people start JGing his strings it will just get harder for him.
Easy way to tell whose good and who isn't:
1. Go to a SA.
2. Look for a thread saying 'patch wishlist'
3. If you see it, its a bad character. =)

Even if Zwei wasn't shit, which he is. The fact of the matter is that it's not like he was using broken tactics. Falling for spam is never anyone else's fault apart from the idiot who is falling for it. If you want cheap then play Tekken 4, where Jin had an unblockable launcher that was impossible to stop on reaction, that was cheap, because there way no way you could get out of it.

There's nothing like that in SCV (as far as we know). You sound like one of those whiny babies who cry about someone using a throw too much, even though you can duck throws easily.

EDIT: scratch that, you sound like a rage quitter. How appropriate. You know I once had a rage quitter tell me my Viola was cheap.

Viola.

Haha.

Most of your comments are reminding me of people who bleat about how 'pirates should burn for stealing games' while listening to a track list of about 20,000 files on their MP3 player. No ones perfect, i've had around 700 matches with two drop outs and i'm honest enough to admit when ive quit. You can judge me for that if you like but don't preach like you have never quit from an online game for whatever reason.

WGC Cannes is this weekend - if you see Hayate winning with ZWEI on stream (which you won't against good players) I will be amazed.
Linear, slow, unsafe, poor punishers, non-spectacular damage, non-amazing throws. What am I missing here?

Just out of curiosity how long did it take people on these forums to realise Hilde was OP and should be banned from tournies, a week?

I'll be curious to see where that player places with Zwei though.

He won't.
He knows from months of pre-release tournaments which he entered and his own work that ZWEI is not viable and will be playing Xiba.

Of course I haven't, why the hell would I? I don't give a rats ass about my win ratio, I play the game to have fun. If the guy is spamming then part of the fun is finding a way around it. If that seems impossible then I'll just admit I'm not good enough yet and take the loss. If anything spammers are great because they teach you ways around difficult moves.

What's even worse are people who quit right before the match ends, just when I'm about to land the final blow. Pathetic. I imagine their quivering hambeast faces sweating with fervour when they realise they're about to get a loss on their 342905910 to 0 win ratio as they roll their way to the off button of the console as fast as they possibly can.

Do you really think everyone rage quits? No, only the scumbags of the FGC (and 12 year olds) ragequit when playing. I know some really irritable people who play online and even they don't rage quit because they can just suck it up and take the loss (then whine about it after).

The game exists to be played. Not to get win ratios on.

Been paying online games on and off for about 15 years, for me to claim I had never quit out of any online game i've played would be like saying I dine with Jesus on a regular basis. Horsesh*t.

I guess you've not played online much.

i bet that time will show you in few months that its not so....
Natsu is overrated
patsuka is at least as OP as ivy in scIV and will reach a similar usage if not even more...bet on this.
Zwei is one of the "non competitive" tiers that include at least (probably more) 60% of the cast (in wich i'd put natsu as well).

Bad thing is scIV top tier could compete against mid and mid-low tiers in scIV but in scV top and high tiers are on a different league on their own given the proper knowledge/experience.

Moreover there is a thing most people ignore...
Few characters despite beng awfully bad are boring to death to play against if played properly.......zwei and viola are 2 of them...

Lets say you are a casual player and you face characters that completely goes against SC logic.....well that becomes quite a nuisance and not everyone takes the time to check HOW to react few spamable moves whereas those characters has to base their gameplan on those moves.

Its the same reason why newbies hated maxi in scIV and saw him as broken despite being really bad.

patsuka is at least as OP as ivy in scIV
It's hard to compare these two characters... Ivy was "OP" in SC4 because of the system (soul gauge + pushback). She wasn't exceptionally good at pretty much everything like Patsuka is.

i bet that time will show you in few months that its not so....
Natsu is overrated
patsuka is at least as OP as ivy in scIV and will reach a similar usage if not even more...bet on this.
Zwei is one of the "non competitive" tiers that include at least (probably more) 60% of the cast (in wich i'd put natsu as well).

Bad thing is scIV top tier could compete against mid and mid-low tiers in scIV but in scV top and high tiers are on a different league on their own given the proper knowledge/experience.

Moreover there is a thing most people ignore...
Few characters despite beng awfully bad are boring to death to play against if played properly.......zwei and viola are 2 of them...

Lets say you are a casual player and you face characters that completely goes against SC logic.....well that becomes quite a nuisance and not everyone takes the time to check HOW to react few spamable moves whereas those characters has to base their gameplan on those moves.

Its the same reason why newbies hated maxi in scIV and saw him as broken despite being really bad.

I see what you're saying.

In SCIV we at least had GI to deal with consistent spam attacks which became a god send against Kilik and Cerv scrubs, i'm missing that in SC5. :/

What's boring about Viola? : ( Her combos are super stylish and her pressure game with the orb is really fun. I can see how it might be frustrating if you're losing, but I wouldn't say it's boring...

Been paying online games on and off for about 15 years, for me to claim I had never quit out of any online game i've played would be like saying I dine with Jesus on a regular basis. Horsesh*t.

I guess you've not played online much.

Sounds like you've made a habit of rage quitting. Rage quitting is the equivalent of a kid getting angry and taking his football home because his friends are better than him. You can brag to me about going online more than me all you want, fact is, rage quitting is simply being a cry baby about losing and running off without taking it like a man. This doesn't have to apply to online games.

What's boring about Viola? : ( Her combos are super stylish and her pressure game with the orb is really fun. I can see how it might be frustrating if you're losing, but I wouldn't say it's boring...

lets say a jumping tech crouch move that tracks BEHIND O__o (not on the side) and her use of the ball.

I have friends playing her and i fortunately have mic so i learned fast how to step and when to interrupt her....but i can see not everybody its in the same condition....

Moreover i never ragequit....i've "pizzaquit" a couple of times :) but i was winning anyway(considering also the level of players its very low in ranked and most good players play only with their friends).

You can left tech that move man. If people don't know that that's their own fault. In general her oki is close to zero. In one month that technology will be gone because no-one will be falling for it anymore. If you're having trouble with her, stay at mid distance and side step a lot. She can't do anything.

In any case her moves are fluid and stylish as hell. Man, whatevs, I think she's fun.

Sounds like you've made a habit of rage quitting. Rage quitting is the equivalent of a kid getting angry and taking his football home because his friends are better than him. You can brag to me about going online more than me all you want, fact is, rage quitting is simply being a cry baby about losing and running off without taking it like a man. This doesn't have to apply to online games.

That wasn't me bragging as you put it. Simply putting into context that for me to claim i've never dropped out of BF3 before the end of a game, not leaving a matchup in Metal Gear Online because someones using a lag switch or not quitting out of a SC5 match due to pure boredom/being clowned would just be a lie.

Most people who claim otherwise are just kidding themselves into believing they are superior by beating down players who have quit out at any point.

Had plenty of people quit on me in SC4 and SC5, in all honesty I personally couldn't give a toss. Its that persons decision to leave if they want for whatever their reason i.e. sorry got to go, need to take cat for a walk. Admittedly its frustrating if it happens to you as you're about to land final blow so that usually results in sending some hate mail. :)

@clukio
did u even read >.>
I did say she is bad actually....but ANY character that limit your gamestyle a lot can be considered boring with me using one of the most boring to play against (raph).

Boring doesn t mean effective nor strong.

Well usually people play boring because the boring stuff they're doing is effective. Jus' saiyan, her more effective stuff is pretty stylish, maybe your bros are playing her wrong.

That ZWEI player who bugged that rage quitter guy most definitely was, what can you spam? Slow, punishable, linear strings?

I've only ragequitted once in my life and that was back in 09 when I spammed srk with Ken all day and someone knew how to stop it. Now that I take my fighting games seriously, I just take the L and find ways to improve my gameplay whether its looking at my replays or browsing the forums. I also realized back when I cared about SF4 that ranked doesn't actually matter because most players just boost for achievements or recognition when they are actually really bad at the game where players who are actually good at the game either only plays player matches, plays with their friends, or just don't go online at all. Ragequitting is pretty lame for a rank that won't even matter when the next game comes out or the new game you move on to if you choose to quit SC.

ranked doesn't actually matter because most players just boost for achievements or recognition when they are actually really bad at the game where players who are actually good at the game either only plays player matches, plays with their friends, or just don't go online at all. Ragequitting is pretty lame for a rank that won't even matter when the next game comes out or the new game you move on to if you choose to quit SC.

seconded. play the game for the game. not the rank

Back