Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the most annoying thing Natsu has is her ground bomb and lows, but you can jump over it or low block. When you low block the bomb expect a teleport and as soon as she comes out of teleport I land rising K. I also notice you wanna be mid to close range against her so you have some time to react to her moves. If your too close she may out hit you because she's so fast.

236B:4. Don't let any whiff or unsafe move go unpunished.

I just took down Kayane in Quick Battle with Omega after what felt like 20 attempts, and now I'm starting to think that the Omega vs Lexia match-up is relentless. I'm talking Blazblue CT Hakumen vs Nu relentless. There was so many moments where I just ran out of ideas because she stuffed every button and tactic. Couldn't be defensive because she guard bursts so easily and has superior throw range and mixups, couldn't be offensive because she has faster buttons and can punish things most characters can't for huge damage. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with godlike A.I. reactions and lack of experience. Now I just have this profound hatred for Lexia as a character. Currently going through all of her moves in training mode so I can destroy her.

After a long time of being in hiatus, I've finally decided to post... >_<

Anyways, I've been looking at the two Pyrrhas... and I'm inching more to go with Omega due to the fact that she kept more of SC4 Sophie's key moves; DNS (formerly known as TAS... >_<), 66B, WR A+B (UB), DNS K.

Though I have noticed unfortunately that my current usage of her has been hampered with the loss of SC4 Sophie's 4B+K as well as 4B, the latter I used more often to force a crouch without losing too much frames...

You guys know if there are any substitute for it? ...or would I have to bite the bullet and review my playstyle completely like I would when I play as normal Pyrrha?

...though, tbh... I'm probably going to have to do the latter... but It would be useful to know any decent safe pushbacks as well as a decent,safe-ish move that force-crouches peeps... >_<

Yeah, it gets like that at times and 236B isn't everything. You have to be so careful. I haven't played against a Lexia yet which is kinda weird.

I know people say don't let things go unpunished, but it aint as easy as it is said. You also can't be on defense waiting for attacks all the time. Besides Omega has some decent offensive tools like her side step A which I notice that I hit a lot as well as 6BB and 6K. They are good at stopping momentum from going to your opponent. I know they aren't amazing but hey they are decent enough in terms of speed to get you started.

I like playing Omega but may put her aside to learn other character so I can be good enough to play in a torny at some point. Since Omega is an unlockable char after all, she is not allowed at tornys around here. If she were allowed then I wouldn't hesitate.

You cannot use NS B and DNS B too much, or just throw it out there, you you will be punished. Sometimes I get beaten to the punch with the attack by other faster attacks.

I have been experimenting with some of Omega's other moves. One of them is 11 or 77 AA. It hit's decently fast, and you can time the unblockable hit with the second attack to really throw people off. Let it go before the charge and they will not expect it, instead trying to hit you first.plus it's great to go over slow lows.

I do find that a lot of people, when fighting Omega, tend to either avoid you, or go all out offensive, to prevent you from hitting with your powerful attacks. In those situations, yeah, like Zero said, while you want to punish them, it's not that easy. I find my guard going to yellow a lot sometimes while waiting for the right thing to punish. If you are fighting an pure offensive player, I find either Ducking, jumping, or using the A+B auto GI move is the best way to get back in on the offensive, but it really does require you to know how certain combos work and what attacks the player throws out alot.

Poe is pretty interesting. I liked watching Ikotomi's Poe when I had the chance the other day. Too bad we didn't get to play.

I've never seriously played a sister character before, so this is all pretty new. Seems like Poe is more hit-like-a-truck-on-punishes. At least, that's how I'm understanding her at the moment.

Can someone tip me off on how to do NS side step? I try to do things like 23698 / 236982 and it doesn't come out. I've tried 23652_8 (5 put in for emphasis) and nothing... what the crap is the timing on this? :P

The Future Press book mentions to throw out 4A every time you attempt to GI in order to help get the vertical impact A,B combo. Why? Does that option select to something else if you GI a horizontal/kick? I didn't follow that part.

Poe is pretty interesting. I liked watching Ikotomi's Poe when I had the chance the other day. Too bad we didn't get to play.

I've never seriously played a sister character before, so this is all pretty new. Seems like Poe is more hit-like-a-truck-on-punishes. At least, that's how I'm understanding her at the moment.

Can someone tip me off on how to do NS side step? I try to do things like 23698 / 236982 and it doesn't come out. I've tried 23652_8 (5 put in for emphasis) and nothing... what the crap is the timing on this? :P

The Future Press book mentions to throw out 4A every time you attempt to GI in order to help get the vertical impact A,B combo. Why? Does that option select to something else if you GI a horizontal/kick? I didn't follow that part.

This is the first time I played a sister character myself(mained Mina in the past), but I am enjoying Omega alot. She does hit like a truck, and she is meant to punish people. She is also meant to poke. Get a few hits in, try to continue, but most liekly you want to start blocking since her normals are slower.

I do have difficulty on that move myself. I find that I need to do the NS on the anolog stick, then press up or down on the D-pad right after doing the NS movement. the timeing is pretty tough.

I don't do enough GI's to say about that last part. Maybe it's just to start a powerful punish.

Hm. Well, I can't exactly use both the analog and the d-pad since I'm on a stick. :P

You should check out the vertical GI (A+B) then A,B (I think that's it). It's not new to V and once you see it you will probably recognize it from IV. Pretty nice, but kind of tight. I'm just wondering why specifically the book mentions 4A. It's probably not something you should base a match strategy on, but if you land the whole combo..... seems pretty damned good with an opportunity for ring out.

Ah that move. Yeah, I do use that one, I just need to better the timing of it. I find though if you press B+K after the you GI it also does the combo. Perhaps it's because you are pressing both buttons needed for it, and it just counts the button needed at that time.

Yes. I dont know if its the best option select yet, but that would deal good damage against an A aGI as well I would think.

Use 3A+B. 2 frames faster, +4 damage, better range, double hits, covers step slightly better, but 3 frame later TC and breaks in 12.5 instead of 10. Still sufficiently similar.

Correct, but its only difficult to react to pressing the A, the K you can input on reaction if you're option select included an A.

Yeah, it gets like that at times and 236B isn't everything. You have to be so careful. I haven't played against a Lexia yet which is kinda weird.

I know people say don't let things go unpunished, but it aint as easy as it is said. You also can't be on defense waiting for attacks all the time. Besides Omega has some decent offensive tools like her side step A which I notice that I hit a lot as well as 6BB and 6K. They are good at stopping momentum from going to your opponent. I know they aren't amazing but hey they are decent enough in terms of speed to get you started.

The point is, you really want to take your free damage. If you block a bomb, there's no reason to wait for the teleport and punish with a WSK. Damage is so high in this game that you can die in 10 seconds. You're doing yourself a HUGE disfavor by not taking your free quarter lifebar.

Learning to take your free damage is probably the easiest way to get significantly better with a character like O. Pyrrha. It's just conditioning your reflexes, and doesn't require the kind of thinking that the rest of the game involves.

I used to run cass as like... a secondary or third character in sc4. I'm planning to do the same with this gal however.... QCF(236)2/8 is incredibly difficult for me to pull off.
The star denotes neutral and I've tried that. I play with an analog stick and have even tried inputting the final 2/8 in with the Dpad to insure fastest input but it doesn't seem to be very reliable; let alone comfortable. Does this input require sheer speed or is there a trick to it?
Thanks

The input is pretty early, but if you try to slide it real quick it might not come out either. As with most things in calibur, if at first you dont succeed, try mashing it. Don't worry about the neutral input they tell you much, I've never really known it to matter.

As an aside, I have no idea what people's fascination is with that stance, it was complete garbage in IV and it doesnt look buffed in any way in V. I doubt its going to matter all that much.

I simply want to try the ABA (Or BAB what ever it is) combo string from that side step stance. It looks like it may have use and the side step should be useful to close distance as well.
Thanks

I am a fan of the Athenian fighting style have been since soul blade have they released any information about her from data yet im very interested to seeing as how im finding viola very difficult to contend with as well as OP Algol also i was reading the comments i think such arrogance of people that can afford to spend money to go to tournaments should not look down on people who are just trying to learn

The point is, you really want to take your free damage. If you block a bomb, there's no reason to wait for the teleport and punish with a WSK. Damage is so high in this game that you can die in 10 seconds. You're doing yourself a HUGE disfavor by not taking your free quarter lifebar.

Learning to take your free damage is probably the easiest way to get significantly better with a character like O. Pyrrha. It's just conditioning your reflexes, and doesn't require the kind of thinking that the rest of the game involves.

What are you talking about? It's not free damage, bomb knocks you back on block and the teleport setup into a combo usually happens right after if the Natsu is good. The recovery of bomb isn't slow and trying to punish as soon as bomb hits is silly because you will get hit when she teleports into the next move. Her teleport isn't slow at all either. I have tried to punish bomb by itself and it just leads to a headache.

Still like I said before you can't play defensive the entire time and just sit waiting for punishes.

I don't know, for me the analog stick feels just inferior to the d-pad when you're using only the thumb (because on arcade stick using the whole hand makes a world of difference). I tried doing it with 236 on stick and then 2_8 on d-pad and it sooometimes works, but as you said, doesn't feel reliable at all. If you're going to use the d-pad at all for this move I think it would just be much easier to use it for the whole thing - I'm a scrub and my execution is quite bad, but after a few minutes in training mode i can spam it somewhat consistently on d-pad.

And yeah, don't worry about the neutral - if you just focus on doing the exact input that's necessary you are passing through the neutral somewhere along the way anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back