Pyrrha Punishment videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

oh riri
hey guys ... I just thought of an idea ... as some of you probably know, I've been uploading a lot of sc5 vids, centered around Pyrrha and Pomega, but mainly Pyrrha [my main ... obviously hah].

since I am new to the game, I have difficulty recognizing what is punishable and what is not [lack of knowledge / exp] ... but I'm thinking about making a video of all the punishable moves for characters [mainly centered around 236b punishes] ... good idea ?

I'll probably start posting the videos in this thread ... so look for edits / updates

~~~~~~~~

Click to goto the video:

Astaroth

Xiba

Patroklos

Hilde

Mitsurugi

Tira

Alpha Patroklos

Dampierre

Natsu

Leixia

Maxi

Viola

Siegfried

Algol

any requests? ... I'll probably be starting off with vs. Cervantes, Nightmare, Astaroth [in that order]

Tas A punishes are more important than stab block punish imo. Because its more obscure and not widely known unline tas b.

huh? ... pyrrha does not have tas. I'm guessing you mean as a / 236a?

how is 236aa better than 236b:4? ... 236aa does less damage than as b:4 or even as b4... not to mention, it is much slower.

Sieg would be Great...especially for the most online players.
He is popular!
Anyway...great video, thx and keep it up.

just added Nightmare to the first post ... I'll probably be uploading astaroth and sieg this week

Im not saying
huh? ... pyrrha does not have tas. I'm guessing you mean as a / 236a?

how is 236aa better than 236b:4? ... 236aa does less damage than as b:4 or even as b4... not to mention, it is much slower.
Better, im saying important as in important that deserves a video tutorial, unlike 236b which is easy to figure out with reading that framedata.

Im not saying
Better, im saying important as in important that deserves a video tutorial, unlike 236b which is easy to figure out with reading that framedata.

I understood the 2nd half of that sentence, but not the first half.

if you also looked at my first post, I will re-quote myself: "since I am new to the game, I have difficulty recognizing what is punishable and what is not [lack of knowledge / exp]".

reading which moves are punishable by 236b is easy to figure out IF you know what every move notation and animation in the game looks like. sorry, but I don't. I'm a 10+ year tekken vet who is just picking up SC.

mods, since punishment is easy to figure out by way of frame data list, please close this thread.

It was just a suggestion O.o
Anyway your work is appreciated.

Sorry im typing from an ipad. A lot of mistakes

My requests are as follows and in no particular order. Tira, Astaroth, Maxi, and Patroklos.

This is a very good series. I think the best character suggestions would be for characters that aren't so obviously punished. Leixia, Natsu and Xiba for example have a few notable combos that I'd love to know how to punish effectively

I'm glad people like the series. I should have another one up by tonight :sc5pyr1:

The most useful things for a video like this would be strings that you can interrupt, and just guard only punishes.

because you can just guard just about everything in the game, I'm trying to avoid just guard punishes.

in some cases, I'm including interruptable strings / transitions... for example, in the nightmare video, you may notice "counter" appears after some moves. it's because I'm doing the fastest possible stance move after the transition [usually nss k]... but pyrrha is still able to interrupt if you are fast enough.

but yeah ... there are some cases, like with xiba, where he will do 6bk ... pyrrha actually has a few options, which I'll be showing in the xiba vid.

~~

added Astaroth to the first post

^ Thank you for the footnotes in the video and the video itself! I need to practice JG. -_- And practicing 236B:4 a little more wouldn't hurt. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back