Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

SCPartisan

Holy Moly
~ Welcome to the Pyrrha forum Q&A/General Discussion thread! ~​

This is the place to discuss/ask about anything related to Pyrrha gameplay (combos, frame data, etc...).​
Everything except story talk (go here for that) is fair game here.​

Some combos that can be posted in this thread:

NC:
A,A
1A,A
B,B

NH combos:
22_88A, 1K_4K (not 100% sure about 4K)
11_77A,[A] (blocked) 236B_CE
3B, 236B_CE
66B, 236B_CE
66B~BE, 22_88B,A,K
33_77B, BT B+K

CH combos:
CH 1K, 1K_4K (not 100% sure about 4K)
CH 44A, 236B_CE

I'm not sure about combos ending with 66A+B and 22_88B+K so I don't want to confuse anybody.

General question here, hope this is the right place to ask:

So, trying to decide what character I want to main and so far leaning toward Pyrrha, but when I look for information as to "why should you main Pyrrha" all I seem to get are either comparisons to Pyrrha omega, or "you should run her if you ran Sophitia in past SC games". Though I've played (and own) every soul calibur (and soul blade/edge) game short of the psp one, I've never really took it seriously before this game so I never really mained anyone, basically coming in from scratch.

With that in mind, my question is, why should a non-former Sophitia player choose Pyrrah as their main? What are her strengths and weaknesses compared to the rest of the cast, what makes her in particular unique/fun compared to the rest of the cast, and what sort of player would probably have the most enjoyment/success maining her?

Any thoughts anyone can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

I chose her because she was cute and desperately needed a hug.

Character love makes a huge difference for some people, and I'm one of those people.

Also I'm a huge combo nut, and her combos are pretty fun, simple but fun.

I chose her because she was cute and desperately needed a hug.

Character love makes a huge difference for some people, and I'm one of those people.

Also I'm a huge combo nut, and her combos are pretty fun, simple but fun.

Does this mean I have to go to Pyrrah Omega?

Is there any matchups you guys feel as tough at the moment for Pyrrah? I kinda dread Nightmare, Siegfried, and Xiba.

I find Siegfried to be quite easy, as a lot of his stuff is really easily punishable by Pyrrha. Nightmare is annoying because he's got lots of gimmicks, but he's similar to Siegfried in the sense that if you can block even halfway decently, you shouldnt have too much of a problem if you're a better player.

Xiba is a hard character to beat period I think. I have a hard time with Lexia more than anyone else.

Dan the meek - She's overall a strong character, so regardless of previous experiences, you have a solid character at your disposal. She's got good lows, good punishers, good pokes, good otg hitting moves, good sidestep catchers, a strong command throw, good tech crouches, good launchers, a super she can combo into easily etc.. Her weaknesses are her ring out game and her safe long range pokes. I find her fun because I like her wakeup game, and I understand how she works , i know her ranges, I know whats good against sidestep. It's very clockwork. It also feels REALLY good when I hit her just frame.

But more than anything it's cause she's really cute. I wanna take her home and buy her a cupcake or something.

I want to main Pyrrha too.... xD But i just got into SC. Anyone have good tips for someone who's just starting out with Pyrrha?
For a beginner, I'd say go into practice mode and practice some simple combos first such as:
:6::6::bA::+::B::+::K: ~ :2::2:_:8::8::B::A::K:
:3::B: ~ :2::3::6::B:

And other simple things like that. You ought to also practice like the extra move of :2::3::6::B: which is :4:During the hit. So, like this: :2::3::6::B: During Hit :4:.

That is my starting point but Partisan or Suirad may have an idea or two for you.

:] Thanks. I think i got the :2: :3::6::B: During Hit :4: . I even hit the just frame a few times... Im more familar with the :3::B: ~ :2::3::6::B:. Though im having difficulty withe the first combo you posted
:6::6::bA::+::B::+::K: ~ :2::2:_:8::8::B::A::K:.

:] Thanks. I think i got the :2: :3::6::B: During Hit :4: . I even hit the just frame a few times... Im more familar with the :3::B: ~ :2::3::6::B:. Though im having difficulty withe the first combo you posted
:6::6::bA::+::B::+::K: ~ :2::2:_:8::8::B::A::K:.
Ok, so you run towards your opponent or tap forwards twice, then press b then straight after press R2 or the xbox equivalent (back trigger on the right) to use A+B+K which gives you your brave edge. Then tap either down twice or up twice and then press B, then A then K to execute your combo.

Do you have XBL or PSN?

Hey if you ever need help with Pyrrha you can send me a message on live Sophie was one of my mains on 3 and 4 so I can play Pyrrha pretty well. I can also help with a few others like Sig Natsu or Asta.

I am pretty much ok with Pyrrha at the moment and I do know some of her combos/strings. But I am struggling in certain match ups. I am struggling against long range characters such as Nightmare, Xiba, Sig and etc. I was wondering If there is any kind of methods on facing these type of characters? Any help would be much appreciated.

Back