Quinion's Customs House

Clean-out post, a few tweaks to older CAS so I can post & delete:
Capt. Levi
Levi.png

From the recreation challenge I never finished in time; a rehash of the version I did over a year ago when the trailer first came out:
DS2.png

Version of Sophita I finally liked; with some stickers and facepaint to change that face just enough:
Soph.png

Cassandra with a couple of minor details added/altered:
Cassandra.png

and some new stuff

Algol 3P:
algol3p.png

Lady Yoshimitsu (similar take to @Gatsu 's weapon-inspired character):
LadyYoshi.png

Was making her mostly to see what @Pocky-Yoshi thought of her, since i had several previous attempts that were just so-so. Hopefully he'll still drop by enough to take a look. PS: Congats @Le_Bello

New Stuff, inspired by Legends of Project Soul (prev post was full of stuff I wanted to get rid of so I had enough slots to make new chars)

My take on an unused design for a Wild Boar-theme Yoshi:
BoarYoshi.png

This next was inspired by a sketch of O-Pyrrha where the arm bursts open her shirt and leaves her with her arm and skin showing in this off-the-shoulder & tattered top. The exact look didn't seem terribly viable, but it did make me think about a mash-up of Oprah and SC2 Nightmare/Siegfried; this is the result:
PyrrhaO.png

Alt with the Ivy glove; not sure which I like better. If I could color or sticker one of the dark knight gloves green, that would be the ideal):
pyrrhaOalt.png

Sophitia 3P: I like the improvements. Earrings. Skirt pattern raised. Less bitchy face.

Cassandra 3P: I think you swapped out the fishnet pattern on the arms and upped the brightness on the skirt's zippers/stripes. Added a pattern to the shield. I kinda prefer the first version actually.

Algol 3P: Very villainous helmet build. Gold and spiky. Fitting for an overpowered douche bag waiting for you at the top of the tower of doom. I don't really get what the horns on the arms are supposed to be though.

FemYoshi: My favorite of the group. Beautiful colors. Pink top, white bottom, green armor, and gold highlights. It's not easy balancing a four-color scheme, but you pulled it off splendidly. Very unique helmet build. That cat helmet doesn't usually get much love, but you put it to excellent use. Great layering too, with the Japanese kimono thingy, Natsu pants, and split jumpsuit. However, you already have alotta clothing layers and alotta colors, so I'd really recommend cutting down on some of the patterns. Solid colors, when used effectively, add confidence and direction to a design.

BoarYoshi: Very cool how you made the boar helmet, complete with snout and fangs. The spikes on the armor match the fangs on the helmet. Fur, earthy color scheme, and tree flag accentuate wilderness/nature motif.

PyrrahO 3P: That arm is gnarly. The special equipment, patterns, and stickers are skillfully merged. When compared to the relatively exposed top half, the bottom half seems a bit bulky though. Maybe you could add more equipment to the top or lighten up the bottom.

Overall, I really can't find much at fault so I kinda have to make things up lol. Anyways, just food for thought. Top notch work, mate.

New Stuff, inspired by Legends of Project Soul (prev post was full of stuff I wanted to get rid of so I had enough slots to make new chars)

My take on an unused design for a Wild Boar-theme Yoshi: View attachment 39609

This next was inspired by a sketch of O-Pyrrha where the arm bursts open her shirt and leaves her with her arm and skin showing in this off-the-shoulder & tattered top. The exact look didn't seem terribly viable, but it did make me think about a mash-up of Oprah and SC2 Nightmare/Siegfried; this is the result:
View attachment 39610

Alt with the Ivy glove; not sure which I like better. If I could color or sticker one of the dark knight gloves green, that would be the ideal):
View attachment 39611
Both awesome.

Sophitia 3P: I like the improvements. Earrings. Skirt pattern raised. Less bitchy face.

Cassandra 3P: I think you swapped out the fishnet pattern on the arms and upped the brightness on the skirt's zippers/stripes. Added a pattern to the shield. I kinda prefer the first version actually.

Algol 3P: Very villainous helmet build. Gold and spiky. Fitting for an overpowered douche bag waiting for you at the top of the tower of doom. I don't really get what the horns on the arms are supposed to be though.

FemYoshi: My favorite of the group. Beautiful colors. Pink top, white bottom, green armor, and gold highlights. It's not easy balancing a four-color scheme, but you pulled it off splendidly. Very unique helmet build. That cat helmet doesn't usually get much love, but you put it to excellent use. Great layering too, with the Japanese kimono thingy, Natsu pants, and split jumpsuit. However, you already have alotta clothing layers and alotta colors, so I'd really recommend cutting down on some of the patterns. Solid colors, when used effectively, add confidence and direction to a design.

BoarYoshi: Very cool how you made the boar helmet, complete with snout and fangs. The spikes on the armor match the fangs on the helmet. Fur, earthy color scheme, and tree flag accentuate wilderness/nature motif.

PyrrahO 3P: That arm is gnarly. The special equipment, patterns, and stickers are skillfully merged. When compared to the relatively exposed top half, the bottom half seems a bit bulky though. Maybe you could add more equipment to the top or lighten up the bottom.

Overall, I really can't find much at fault so I kinda have to make things up lol. Anyways, just food for thought. Top notch work, mate.

Thanks for the detailed review. Glad you liked the Lady Yoshi, and as for Cass, just a little noodling here and there to improve the in-game look. Threw in the shield with pattern mostly just to add a little splash of contrast. Looked a little blah with the grey/gold shield.

#Quinion'sCaS2OP

No but seriously this shit is amazing and now I'm getting ideas all over the place.

Thanks and glad to hear it. tbh, sometimes I post stuff I don't really like, but I know has a concept that will work (even if I couldn't find it.....Algol, looking in your direction), just to see if someone else can pick it up and run with it. That back-and forth synergy this forum can have is great.

It's a little muted now, since the forum is a lot less active, but the contests seem to be making a comeback, so who knows?

Maybe things are getting ready to go on another run

New Stuff
Fygul Cestemus Priestess (finally put that Ivy 2P to good use):
Priestess.png

Finally got an SCIV Taki 2P that I liked:
Taki IV.png

This started as something else, but ended up as someone who's been fighting her way through astral chaos, beat up and dirty, making do with mismatched weapons, armor, and found objects...who knows what you might need with Night Terror lurking around the corner:
CassV.png

And this guy:

He stood and silently watched as his entire family was hacked and chopped til they lay on the ground, and their corpses dragged away to be sliced and carved into little pieces. But now he has the axe............

Tree Golem.png

Fygul Cestemus Priestes: Very interesting character design. The mask and gloves veer decidedly towards the gruesome, but the dress and skirt are most definitely feminine. Like a villainess horrifically marred by the various occupational hazards normally associated with villainy (black magic, recalcitrant heroes, laser-guided robo-sharks, etc.) yet desperately clinging to the vestiges of her former beauty. I'm guessing this poor woman stuck her face a little too close to the cauldron while brewing Astaroth. It's cool how you connected the fur lining from Ivy's dress to the fur pauldrons. Expert move. The mask is creatively done. It's very spiky, as though it's digging directly into her skin. Perhaps that's the only thing keeping her face in one piece.

SCIV Taki: Best Taki I've seen yet. I like how you connected the two crescent moons and the helmet ornament to carve out the top. I also see how you painstakingly made the sleeves and the shin pads out of pocket stickers. The only thing I would do is swap out for a less manly face. Recreations don't really get much better than this.

Patchwork Scavenger: This one's really fun. A lot of random pieces like the iron mask and the undershirt with a single torn sleeve (made of a halo). I see that you also extended the shirt onto the skirt with a patch sticker. Makes a nifty ragged edge for the shirt. She probably uses that chain to climb around the various pits and boulders in the dungeon. The grimy neck ribbon, striped skirt, and leggings are also random remnants of femininity, so I'm guessing she might be a princess sentenced to rot in an ancient tomb by some asshole usurper to the throne. This creation tells a story, whether you intended it to or not lol.

Ent/Tree Man: Lol revenge of the trees. Cool concept complete with leaves and branches. Leather pattern makes a great approximation of bark texture. That face is awesome too. The oni face is positioned so that the eyeslits look like jaws with long, sharp teeth. The waist-cloth extends the body's base giving the appearance of roots. Patches of green on the feet and waist-cloth represent moss I'm assuming. Have you tried using bat wings to approximate larger leaves? Might be worth a shot.

Exceptional work, man. Keep it up.

@brucege, thanks for the review. For the preistess, I was trying to make that mask look more skull-like though in a stylized way; you know trying to get a little more mileage out of these same old pieces we've all seen a million times.

For Taki, I think it was just trying to overcome past failures making an accurate SCV version of that suit.

Now as for the next one, she has a story.......it's Cassandra, looking the way she might if Edgemaster finally showed her the way out of Astral Chaos with her classic ribbon and hose filthy, classic blue waistcoat tattered and shredded. Iron Mask is all DeCapre though.

Tree golem was just an experiment to try and design a Dark Souls character with CAS pieces; I would grade it a partial success but makes a fun, weird character.

And since you stuck around to read all this junk, my last CAS of the long holiday weekend...back to intermitttent posts when I can find the time.

Kilik genderbend (Shelik?):
Shelik.png

Maybe a preview of SC6, which takes place 17 years in the future of SCV and now Leixia is training to be the new Edgemaster?

Hmmm.............Let's hope not.

Latest stuff:

Asta 3P:
Astaroth3P.png

This started with an idea of Asta as this biblical golden bull/ram which fits his style/moveset, but not literally a bull, more like a statue or idol as a stylized pagan unstoppable force

Kendo girl I made for my daughter (nothing special, but I like the way she turned out)
kendo.png

Slight update to female Kilik...that solid block of color for the pants just looked blah; also fixed the helmet colors to balance a little better with the rest
Shelik2.png

Another update coming relatively soon......trying some DkS2 stuff

Last edited:
Latest stuff:

Asta 3P:
View attachment 40196

This started with an idea of Asta as this biblical golden bull/ram which fits his style/moveset, but not literally a bull, more like a statue or idol as a stylized pagan unstoppable force

Kendo girl I made for my daughter (nothing special, but I like the way she turned out)
View attachment 40197

Slight update to female Kilik...that solid block of color for the pants just looked blah; also fixed the helmet colors to balance a little better with the rest
View attachment 40199

Another update coming relatively soon......trying some DkS2 stuff
Asta 3P's interesting. Doesn't particularly scream golden ram or pagan deity, but it's a solid design nevertheless. The idea itself is veeery intriguing. Like something from the Odyssey or the Iliad. The picture isn't quite there, but I may have a crack at it myself later.

I'm really diggin' that Kendo girl. Very authentic, but plenty of minor deviations to give her personality, like the splint mail and calligraphy patterns. I've never seen that mask put to better use. I imagine her as a shoujo manga heroine that somehow stumbles into the world of SCV during a Kendo competition at the local shrine. Like Inuyasha I guess. Maybe she can set Patroklos straight. Ween him off the oedipus complex.

She-lik's a very competent gender bend. Same overall silhouette, covered eyes, moderate skin exposure.

about the big bag on his back, i just figure it out, tell me if i'm wrong or right-

H -1
V 49
Back -11
W 49
L 50
D -1
RV 0
RH 0
Angle -175

Honestly I have no idea; that CAS is long deleted so I would have to recreate it to get the numerical formula. The only thing I can say is that one of the rotations should be a straight inversion (180 or -180) of the default setting. Based on that formula I would have to say the angle setting; but whichever, its the rotation that inverts the straps/long axis of the duffel.

Other than that just go with what you like/think looks good.

Honestly I have no idea; that CAS is long deleted so I would have to recreate it to get the numerical formula. The only thing I can say is that one of the rotations should be a straight inversion (180 or -180) of the default setting. Based on that formula I would have to say the angle setting; but whichever, its the rotation that inverts the straps/long axis of the duffel.

Other than that just go with what you like/think looks good.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back