Quinion's Customs House

Gatsu's Capcom contest got me thinking about Onimusha again, and how I never did all of the characters I had planned on:

Oyu (Oichi) from Onimusha 2
Oyu.png

Samanosuke from Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
samanosuke3.png

Not happy with the clipping between the fauld and the pants, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out.

Would love to see the franchise resurrected with a new console game.

The only thing I'd suggest was a shorter haircut, that looks sweet as F.

Agreed, though none of the hairstyles in SC match up to new Link's locks. Nothing's really that medium long/ tied back style that he has in the trailer, so I wanted a substitute that didn't look like "same old Link" . But you're right, he looks too much like Legolas.

Valiant effort on the wings and hair ornaments, but I can't say she's readily recognizable. That kimono's a real stunner though. Inspires me to try Japanese CaS.

Yeah, pretty much none of the faces are really even close, and the hair choice isn't bad, but the bangs are just too shaggy. Glad you liked the kimono; really the only reason I tried this one is I though I could get good results on the outfit.

Man, good show on the Mitsu alt! Great use of the fine-print pattern/large sticker combo on the pants. Another underutilized pro technique. Adds a ton of detail and motion to a design without overcrowding it. The raccoon tails do a convincing job of amplifying the asymmetry while extending the tiger pattern to the top. The result is an organic look that some people won't be able catch. It's highly commendable how you personalized the DLC gear rather than using them as a crutch. This is how Mitsu would look if he suddenly decided to become a biker.

Good work on the Link too. Accurate with good level of detail. I only wish the T-shirt wasn't as bulky looking.

Elegant, crisp, readable and to the point designs...very nice stream of RCas on display here.
Tengu's hair add-on is a stunner.

Not completely sold on some of previous page's CAS, but still a few caught my eye like wild boar, taki 2P, fem-kilik and kendo girl...classy

I like how you carry on trying out new stuff like i once did

And no this i not left-handed, only i am, remember :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the triple post; I've been having problems lately with direct uploads and fewer images gives me less problems.

SCIV Tira
TiraIV.png

CAS O-Pyrrha Alt; kind of a continuation of the corruption theme I used for the Sieg/NM style alt I did a little while back
Pyrrha-O Alt.png

and Judas, for the "Tales of" Recreation challenge
Judas.png

May need to steal that Tira, she's amazing! I also really love your PyrO here, but I'm not sure on the horns. They look cool but also a little forced? Can't explain it well so, sorry for that.

May need to steal that Tira, she's amazing! I also really love your PyrO here, but I'm not sure on the horns. They look cool but also a little forced? Can't explain it well so, sorry for that.

I get where you are coming from. They are a bit forced in the sense that I used them primarily to change the silhouette of the little ears that come off the opera mask; these seemed the best fit and i tried to match the color and texture so they were of a piece with the mask itself. I could buy they are a little over the top, though.

I've been playing Folklore lately, so that's where the horns come from, that sort of early pagan vibe that would have been very unsettling in 1600s Europe, very anti-establishment (anti-church). Also trying to give her a sense of more power/intimidation than the standard Pyrrha-O, a move away from that "victim of Soul Edge" schtick as a change of pace.

I get where you are coming from. They are a bit forced in the sense that I used them primarily to change the silhouette of the little ears that come off the opera mask; these seemed the best fit and i tried to match the color and texture so they were of a piece with the mask itself. I could buy they are a little over the top, though.

I've been playing Folklore lately, so that's where the horns come from, that sort of early pagan vibe that would have been very unsettling in 1600s Europe, very anti-establishment (anti-church). Also trying to give her a sense of more power/intimidation than the standard Pyrrha-O, a move away from that "victim of Soul Edge" schtick as a change of pace.

Ah fair play, hadn't considered the wing-ears of the mask. In that case it feels less forced, as they're for function rather than "this looks a bit evil" (which really isn't something you'd do in the first place so, bad me.).

Can't deny there's that kind of a look to them, but I have been considering messing with the size and angle of the horns to try and make her look a little more distinctive and make them more like part of the mask. Not crazy about the proportions on that gourd either, so worth it to play around with it a bit I think .

Ancient Armor: The ivy effect is really cool. Looks great on the ornate armor. Reminds me of those green knights in Dark Souls 1. I’d do away with the shield entirely and use the SpecEq slot to add more foliage (lol) to the body. Then you also wouldn’t have to worry about the stripy pattern on the shield. I wonder if you could achieve more detail by using the feathers or gladiator plume to simulate ferns or other leafy vegetation on the body. Or maybe using that gourd for the greater coverage. Dunno if any of this will work, but hey, you never know.

Valkyrie 2: Very earthy design. Makes me think of a Celtic Valkyrie. There might be more you could do to play up that angle. I dunno. Maybe use some plaid or even make a Celtic Cross. I can’t say that helmet ornament jives well with the rest of the helmet, so maybe you could use that for something else?

Tira: Very nice detailing. Great use of those Centurion Plumes. Those boots are especially well made.

Pagan O’Pyrrha (apparently she’s Scottish now): I really like this one. The horns are absolutely integral to the design. Difficult to describe, but I can see that you really had some image in mind while making this one. Something about the hood, horn, and eye combo. You might achieve the same effect without the mask actually. Maybe use some cool makeup or stickers instead. Asymmetry played up nicely too with the arm, leg, and bikini bottom.

Back