Quinion's Customs House

Cervantes 3P, kind of an amalgam of 1Ps & 2Ps from several past versions.
Cerv3P.png

Like a prototype bridging the classic pirate and the storm king outfits. Expands upon the character in an interesting direction. Pleasantly fresh color scheme. The leather vest doesn't merge as naturally with the waist wrap as one would hope. Perhaps you could use a tucked in shirt with maxed waist parameter instead? You did a handsome job of blingin' out the epaulettes with patterns and connecting them to the body with screws though.

Like a prototype bridging the classic pirate and the storm king outfits. Expands upon the character in an interesting direction. Pleasantly fresh color scheme. The leather vest doesn't merge as naturally with the waist wrap as one would hope.

Even the vest was a merge of sorts, bridging the designs from his earliest, with short vest and waist wrap to the long sleeveless coat he had in SCIV. Glad you liked the color scheme; as it turns out, I wasn't a big fan and changed it. See below the new stuff here.

Pyrrha 3P based on Sophi's SC2 2P

Pyrrha3P-SC2Soph.png

"She"ba
Sheba2.png

Cervantes 3P recolor
Cervy3P.png

ZWEI 3P from the mirror match thread
ZWEI3P.png

Superb. Couple things that caught my eye. Sophie's skirt's cool. The feathers of strength blend effortlessly into the boob-plate. Gotta do that myself sometime. Great use of number 1 sticker on She-ba's vest. One of the best genderbends I've seen. Cervy's lookin' better. ZWEI's triple cape isn't my cup of tea, but it's certainly a new look. Oh, and stop by the contest thread sometime. I think you'd like the subject matter.

Last edited:
In cleaning off the hard drive on the PS3, I came across an old game save with a character roster long deleted (well the bulk of them anyway). A few got a fresh coat of paint, some other stuff I never posted, plus a couple I tinkered with from recent posts. Unexpectedly, enough for a decent size update.......

SC4 Siegfried Redux
Sieg4.png

SC4 Revenant
Revenant2.png

Revised Keres from SC3
Keres2.png

Mitsu 4P , kinda an experiment to see if I could make some of that European armor fit on a Japanese char
mitsu_4.png

Minor updates to ZWEI3P, based on HydroJames' original, and SC4 Tira
ZWEI3.png

Tira4.png

and an old recreation I had forgotten about, Desert Punk
DesertPunk.png

Couple more original/theme type characters in the works, stay tuned.

I tried Desert Punk a long time ago lol, yours is really good, good to see someone do him justice!
Oh and everything else is amazing, Love the mitsu and sieg, and well all of them actually.

Thanks ATG. I'll be honest, after my last post, I really felt like I was losing interest, but then I come across stuff I had forgotten about and it got me thinking CAS again, how to build them, how to make them better, etc. Even to point I show some SC4 designs some attention. Finally cracking the code on that SC3 spectre hood though is one of my favorite CAS tricks.

As for DP, seeing him again (after maybe a year, longer?) reminded me of all the compromises it took to make him recognizable.
Flight helmet is the most accurate choice
But then you are stuck with the turtle shell for the headgear
Ok look, but no stickers if you go that way, and I think the stickers on the headgear are a crucial piece to making him recognizable

Mitsu alt's awesome. Fascinating hybrid of knight and samurai. Kinda like Arthur (white dude dressing Asian), but in reverse (Asian dude dressing white). The striped feathers of strength are reminiscent of the wooden Samurai shoulders. The Asian armor trend continues down to the waist armor, ninja pants, and sandals too. Excellent job merging the shoes, the shins, and the pocket sticker into long boots. The sticker work on the breastplate is also superb. You aligned the both inverted lion crest sticker and the star sticker to the natural grooves of the armor for a very organic look. Excellent technique and great character design.

Dang!! These are pretty detailed! Wish I could do something like this!
No reason why you can't............with the exception of dlc, everyone pretty much everyone has all the same tools to work with. Check out the Advanced CAS Techniques thread if you are stumped on the "how": http://8wayrun.com/threads/school-of-cas-advanced-cas-technique.18282/

but otherwise just experiment.

Probably 75% of the CAS in this thread are some experiment or another. Overall more, counting the failed experiments that never got posted

Last edited:
Siegfried's looking good. Got that footsoldier thing goin on. Like classic RPG knight. I like the concept for green NM. Cool scorpion helm. Still kinda loOKs a bit too much like the original for me tho. Think u could crank something out for the DC contest?

@Atom45 Thanks. basically just trying to find a new build for Nightmare without relying on the DLC Nightmare helms; he at least ends up with a Nightmare "feel" so I would grade it as partiallly successful.

@brucege agreed, NM does look a lot like the original, but the 3P has so much you have to keep, it's more like a 1aP. The helm turned out suitably Nightmare-ish. I'll try to throw something together for the DC one-shot tonight.

As promised, more characters that didn't make it into the DC contest, and reposts of the ones that did:

My version of Deathstroke the (original) Terminator:
DS.png

Hawkman:
Hawk.png

Solomon Grundy (fixed, much better now)
Grundy2.png

Wonder Woman (some color fixes and a switch to Pyr-O moveset)
WWrecolor.png

These were fun to do. I may end up doing another set, maybe even starting a thread where people can post theirs as well.

Last edited:
All of these DC works are great, but that Harley Quinn is really something special. I think it's cool how differently we approached that character in CaS. Also, spectacular work with Raven's dress.

Back