Quinion's Customs House

Dat squid helm o.O Perfect.
This was a fun challenge, trying to build a recognizable squid/kraken out of pieces that would be fitting on a viking helm, since the Ironborn are supposed to be based on the vikings.

the rest was just finding pieces to fit the theme, since all of the equip slots are used up on the helm

I think I have a few more of these I'll do....getting hype for Season 5 in a couple of weeks, and I got the 5-book set on Kindle for just under $20. I only read the first book (given to me) and never finished the second (also loaned to me), but the show has gotten me into it, and I'm looking to get through all 5.

Stoneheart anyone? Too bad people got so butthurt she won't be in the show, though I think Sansa will basically fill that role going forward

This was a fun challenge, trying to build a recognizable squid/kraken out of pieces that would be fitting on a viking helm, since the Ironborn are supposed to be based on the vikings.

the rest was just finding pieces to fit the theme, since all of the equip slots are used up on the helm

I think I have a few more of these I'll do....getting hype for Season 5 in a couple of weeks, and I got the 5-book set on Kindle for just under $20. I only read the first book (given to me) and never finished the second (also loaned to me), but the show has gotten me into it, and I'm looking to get through all 5.

Stoneheart anyone? Too bad people got so butthurt she won't be in the show, though I think Sansa will basically fill that role going forward
Well, you've done a... Kraken job.
U.U

I really loved the books, I'm more excited about them than the show - But with them taking different directions it's gonna be interesting to see, and yes I'm one of those people butthurt about Stoneheart, but ah well :P

Cool helm indeed. Great job aligning the star sticker's folds with the tentacles. That's attention to detail. Als0, nice how you carried the viper motif throughout Oberyn's design. I feel like the yellow stickers should be raised to reach the upper body rather than hang around the thighs, but that's just me. I'd like to experiment with that design for a little bit. Awesome Rhaegar 2.0 too. That additional bit of red border from the griffon insignia sticker is pretty snazzy. This guy is loaded with detail from top to bottom. And Stoneheart would be amazing. Almost as the TV-exclusive White Walkers' master. Now that guy looks dope.

I'm considering doing a standard White Walker/Other, though based on the books ......plus a few more, since these have been a fun kinda experiment.

In the meantime, I got a cheap used copy of the FFX/X-2 HD remake to play with my daughter....so here's Auron

Auron.png

Surprised he hasn't been done to death on this forum......but I went searching and only found one other. Seemed like a good enough reason to do my own.

That Auron is awesome! That hair is spot on. Any stickers left? You might be able to use them to tie the gourd to the body.

GREAT work dude!! I am really impressed. I am seeing allot of stuff here that I haven't seen before. I've also noticed you put allot of work in to getting your colors and placement right. It takes real effort and skill to do that.

Back