Raph confirmed as SCV Nightmare :D

But what if one of these "fakes" was actually possessed by soul edge and turned into Nightmare but couldn't withstand it's power? I mean Soul edge took control of a swordsman in the forest and it sound like raphael to me :/

But what if one of these "fakes" was actually possessed by soul edge and turned into Nightmare but couldn't withstand it's power? I mean Soul edge took control of a swordsman in the forest and it sound like raphael to me :/
Not possible. Tira and minions still loyal to the sword spent years working had to collect as many shards as possible to reform Soul Edge and only then, was Nightmare reborned because the sword had finally regained quite abit of its powers.

Other people could have been tainted or possessed by mere shards and become malfested like Pyrrha, but never Nightmare until they hold the sword. And Dumas was the first one to wield it when the sword was it was reformed. And where did you hear Soul Edge took control of a swordsman in the forest? (>O_O) I never heard anything about that. To date, SE was wielded by Algol, Cervantes, Siegfried, Graf Dumas/Raph and Pyrrha.

Sources: Official SC website and this http://soultw.blogspot.com/2012/02/history5.html ---> Entire timeline of SC history in chinese. Used google translate so i sorta got the gist of it lol. What's more important is the info on the official SC website, which can also be found on 8way wiki.

Not possible. Tira and minions still loyal to the sword spent years working had to collect as many shards as possible to reform Soul Edge and only then, was Nightmare reborned because the sword had finally regained quite abit of its powers.

Other people could have been tainted or possessed by mere shards and become malfested like Pyrrha, but never Nightmare until they hold the sword. And Dumas was the first one to wield it when the sword was it was reformed. And where did you hear Soul Edge took control of a swordsman in the forest? (>O_O) I never heard anything about that. To date, SE was wielded by Algol, Cervantes, Siegfried, Graf Dumas/Raph and Pyrrha.

Sources: Official SC website and this http://soultw.blogspot.com/2012/02/history5.html ---> Entire timeline of SC history in chinese. Used google translate so i sorta got the gist of it lol. What's more important is the info on the official SC website, which can also be found on 8way wiki.
I thought i saw someone say that soul edge took control of a swordsman in the forest just ignore me xD

I think it is very clear that Raphael is Dumas aka Nightmare... Sadly the story mode wasn't ever mentioning and never was whole after all...

Maybe this would explain Raphael's story where he suddenly wakes up in SCV... Maybe this is AFTER Nightmare is beaten and Pyrrha is taking Soul Eldge from him

Hopefully, we might get some clarification about this in the upcoming Soul Calibur games. How could one person die, only to come back to life, wind up in a cell, and become a Hungarian noble? And on top that, being a vampiric apparition. There was a lot missing from the SCV story mode, that we know, but we'll have to find out how it occurred.

RANDOM SPECULATION MODE
Tira developed two distince personality after SCIII events. Could it be possible that Raphael's soul was divided. One part is intent on finding and making his daughter happy while the other part is more focused on regaining power to make the new world they need?
Dumas takes on the power part, start a purge, regain the shards and turns more evil the longer he has Soul Edge while the other part parts from him, takes the weapon style and his love for his daughter so that he can find her. As for how Raph has a physical body, materialization perhaps?
*Feel free to point out things that don't make sense (looks up at entire paragraph). Well, that's all I got for now...(>*-*)
That's a really nice theory. Raphael picks up Soul Edge, and his soul splits into two people. What if Nightmare tossed the other Raphael (Now a Living Poltergeist) into a dungeon cell; maybe in Denéver Castle so he can keep an eye on him?

Just speculating, and again; I really like your theory.

That's a really nice theory. Raphael picks up Soul Edge, and his soul splits into two people. What if Nightmare tossed the other Raphael (Now a Living Poltergeist) into a dungeon cell; maybe in Denéver Castle so he can keep an eye on him?

Just speculating, and again; I really like your theory.
♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/ ahh, i almost forgot about this thread. Strange things though. The official website had completely revamped his profile story. There's no longer a mention of the dungeons, stairs or him trying to find Amy. http://www.soulcalibur.com/en_CA.html#/characters/soulcalibur5/raphael
(>T^T) now all of the speculations is like thrown out to the wind. </3

♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/ ahh, i almost forgot about this thread. Strange things though. The official website had completely revamped his profile story. There's no longer a mention of the dungeons, stairs or him trying to find Amy. http://www.soulcalibur.com/en_CA.html#/characters/soulcalibur5/raphael
(>T^T) now all of the speculations is like thrown out to the wind. </3
Now he's looking for Soul Calibur to cure Amy. It also seems to act like the time skip never happened, which would be really sweet if that turns out to be true.

And implies Viola isn't Amy. Black, mottled skin? Cool.
I'm still confident Viola is Amy, but I wonder what they're going to do next. It seems like Hoshino is guiding the story elsewhere now.

On another note, I'm glad Raphael is searching for SC to cure Amy. It's a nice change. Maybe he'll be able to get cured also and we'll see his awesome SC2 self. Plus, it gives him a better story and reason to fight! Then maybe apathetic Amy will make some friends.

Last edited:
Amy's style was used by the AI in Lost Swords' beta, and Viola story was completely omitted. I guess they're two different people now if this is anything to go by.

Amy's style was used by the AI in Lost Swords' beta, and Viola story was completely omitted. I guess they're two different people now if this is anything to go by.
Amy's style wasn't in the beta, it was just in the character thing that Sectus I believe found. It's a very safe bet to say she's in, but we still don't know everything yet. I mean, Sophitia still looks like a young beautiful goddess and her daughter is around her same age lol. Amy could still be Viola. You never know. :P

Also, if it turns out that Amy is NOT Viola even though that was heavily implied, does that mean Raphael isn't Nightmare?

I'm still confident Viola is Amy, but I wonder what they're going to do next. It seems like Hoshino is guiding the story elsewhere now.

On another note, I'm glad Raphael is searching for SC to cure Amy. It's a nice change. Maybe he'll be able to get cured also and we'll see his awesome SC2 self. Plus, it gives him a better story and reason to fight! Then maybe apathetic Amy will make some friends.

It can go either way for me, doesn't matter if she is or she isn't, I just miss her style.

Agreed. It's nice to Raph as a good guy and not a pointless somewhat villainous anti-hero 'vampire'. It's a better fit for him, and yeah I'd love some SC2 Raph back.

It can go either way for me, doesn't matter if she is or she isn't, I just miss her style.

Agreed. It's nice to Raph as a good guy and not a pointless somewhat villainous anti-hero 'vampire'. It's a better fit for him, and yeah I'd love some SC2 Raph back.
Don't worry my friend, you're not alone. I too miss her 2B+K, her parries, 66A+B, 3B mixups, etc. Amy was da bes. At least sha's [practically] confirmed for Lost Swords. I'd drop Viola in a heart beat for Amy. :sc4amy1:

Back