Raph post............?

Real_Bojack

[10] Knight
I would like to start a consolidated thread about things do when Raph is "post certain situations" meaning I would like to know the generally accepted best options to do say,

Post GI
Post GB
Post knock down <- requires you to specify a move
Post Stuns <- both combos and/or resets and various other set ups
Post Step
Post crouching an opps H attack
Post move with heavy guard break
Post Wall splat
Post specific move if you want

I think that's most of the situations a Raph is likely to repeatedly find themselves in. I will establish a placeholder post and will update as the discussion continues so we have a more concise "Things to do" spot for people to look for Raph advice because we've already got easy to find Frame Data and Combo threads and a couple of others but none that I know of that have the aforementioned information in an easy to find format. I will start filling the list in on my own over the next couple of days.

If any of these won't work lemme know and lemme know why too.

Post GI -

1. They don't have enough meter for a re-GI
a. Pretty much anything

2. They will re-GI immediately
a. 66A+B
b. delayed 33KB BE
c. Super cuz it doesn't matter unless they can do the jG trick
d. Throw because Namco was dumb enough to take away GIing throws
e. 4 (B) into shenanigans

3. You don't think they'll re-GI
a. 236 B
b. throw
c. ???

Post Guard Break -
a. 4 (B) BBB A+BA_Super seems to be the most meterless reasonably guaranteed damage for now.
b. 66K if they get GB near edge of ring.

Successful step -
a. 22B is a favorite for a few reason, meterless boondoggles aplenty off of this
b. 33KB BE
c. 11BB or 11K ought to cover just about everything
d. The above oughta cover everything

I'll do more later so be sure to check in from time to time.

From my understanding, most people go for 4(B) after a guard break since it's pretty nice guaranteed damage with meter. Perhaps 33K BE is a better option though, provided you can get it off.

I always go for FC3B after ducking a high, but you could get a 236B as well with enough time.

I LOVE GIs as Raphael, facing a wall, your options after are usually 66K or 22/88B. The latter is for more specific angles. You can follow with 3A (two 3As for 22/88B,) and the 3B Prep ender of choice.

The same goes for GBs near the wall. Without a wall, I usually 33KB BE 6BB Prep "Insert Mix-up of choice"

From Prep I go for Prep K BE if I broke guard with 66B, or if there is a wall. SE B without a wall, or if I can angle a WS with 1B - 2B+K - 3A (after the SE B.)

66A+B A 44A+B is great if you back is to a wall, if I break guard with Prep and land a SE B, I'll go for that.

Post B+K evade I will near on always grab, if my opponent gets savvy it's 66K time. Although 33KB BE would be a harder hitting option, the QS usually nullifies their twitch duck.

If I make them eat floor I will go for 66A+B or 66B+K. Although you have options such as 1B for right rolls, I find it more consistent to tap 66 and see if they roll right for the B+K, or left / stay for the A+B.

After step I will usually try to land 33KB BE or 22B. I use 22B 2A 66A+G, or 22B wall combo.

Should be common knowledge by now, but watch out on 66K after a guard break. Done too late, High will whiff on the opponent, since stumble is a TC.

236B is a safer and more rewarding option after ducking a high, than FC 3B. If you can't fit 236B in there, but you should, . . . then do it faster and get 236B in there! So much damage and a real KND.
Mostly I would emphasize do NOT use WS B in punishment unless it's all you have. WS B is not that great when it actually hits; its strength is it is faster than steppable and safe, and hits FC recovery, but characters can challenge you (they should challenge you) if they're hit. If you don't have time for 236B, WS K is the good one. Solid advantage.

I had just learned to do the newfangled GIs last time I played, so I have no game there. But has anybody done 66(B) out of GI to bait a GI, or is JGing too easy now?

For hitting mid, yeah I should try 236B from a FC position, going to try to implement it, as the knockdown from 236B feels a lot more advantageous than FC3B.

Back