Raphael... Scarecrow or Vampire?

I noticed that in Raphael's 3D model, his eyes are yellow-brownish now. In SCIV, they were red, which means (for vampires), they thirst for blood. Now that they're yellow-brownish, it means he's on a hunt, which could explain why he's looking for Amy. :D

I noticed that in Raphael's 3D model, his eyes are yellow now. In SCIV, they were red, which means (for vampires), they thirst for blood. Now that they're yellow, it means he's on a hunt, which could explain why he's looking for Amy. :D

Using my embiggening powers I give you this:
Raph.eyes.jpeg

Yellow is not the colour I would describe his eyes

View attachment 8011

His eyes are sparking rainbow colors....
No, im just joking. Agree, I had no idea why people were saying why his eyes were yellow but all of the pictures were too small for me to be sure. Thanks for blowing up Raphael's beautiful face btw. :D

His eyes are sparking rainbow colors....
No, im just joking. Agree, I had no idea why people were saying why his eyes were yellow but all of the pictures were too small for me to be sure. Thanks for blowing up Raphael's beautiful face btw. :D
Eww, I could've sworn they were yellow. I wish Namco gave us bigger resolutions.
View attachment 8011

Anyways, thanks for clearing this up. 3D models were just too small for my eyes.

I want to see Raphael as the dread pirate Roberts.

Actually, it probably wouldn't be hard to customize him as such, nix the mustache. Then again, I can always CAS that shit.

Given Rapheal is a doctor (SC2 profile) I think a robe and beak mask plague doctor outfit would be an interesting 2P (10 years early yes, but that's true of a lot of SC stuff)

220px-Paul_F%C3%BCrst%2C_Der_Doctor_Schnabel_von_Rom_%28Holl%C3%A4nder_version%29.png

I don't know guys somethings not adding up.

That bitch has been gone 17 years. He's talking about her as if she just took the dog out and never came back a night ago. And his laughs... creepy. Like scary. He's slipping. Like they are gathering momentum from his SCIV ending.

Given Rapheal is a doctor (SC2 profile) I think a robe and beak mask plague doctor outfit would be an interesting 2P (10 years early yes, but that's true of a lot of SC stuff)

220px-Paul_F%C3%BCrst%2C_Der_Doctor_Schnabel_von_Rom_%28Holl%C3%A4nder_version%29.png
This would be funny, the fencer with a dress

Has anyone noticed how his SCV main costume is a mixture of SC2 and SC4?? The bat ornament on his neck resembles his SC2 gold necklace, vest, sleeves, and pants are similar to SC2 design along with a green sash around his waist (he used to have a red one...the sash is my favorite part of his costume). The gold lining and high collar (Raph had normal collars in SC2) probably came from his fancy Alucard outfit. I just love the hat, it's so badass. I have to say, his SC4 1P costume is the most elaborate and expensive one so far!!! Raph's hair stayed the same length and style as in SC4. This is surprising because Raph had different hairstyles in each SC game until now. They should have given him longer hair cuz then he looks so much better.
I was disappointed in with his actual character model in V just a little with the hair when i saw it. I was hoping it be more wild like it is in the picture.

But as long as he's a badass with his aristocratic flare, flamboyance, and confidence, he's still my favorite character, the same old Raph.

Absolutely. His laugh during prep A+B goes that way, I think, just like his scream during 236B

I never saw him as a villain or hero. He just went his own way.
That's what I love about him (and many characters), isn't it what Americans call a maverick ?

I want his 2P costume to be more French without a hat but not too fancy like his black Alucard costume. Maybe another high collar coat over vest with some ornaments, similar pants, gloves, and boots.?? His SCII and SCIV 2P masquerade costume was cool but I want something new to replace it.

If I remember well, he had a 3P costume in SCII : it was a gentilhomme (french for gentleman) dressed for a fencing lesson. He wore a waistcoat and a high collar shirt and, the detail I prefer, only one glove. (that's not taking into account the fact that in older forms of fencing you can grab your opponent's blade/hand with your unarmed hand)
I think the suit was a little anachronic, more 18th century stle, but it was still nice.

And his laughs... creepy. Like scary. He's slipping. Like they are gathering momentum from his SCIV ending.
Exactly, right? He's laughing like a child. He's devolving. At least when you're a prideful snob, you're parading around your own awesomeness. He's just laughing -at- people. But then again, one of his win quotes is something about "My swordplay..." (it's cut off on every video), so who knows.

Meh. As long as his visual style makes his victories look easy.

My suggestion : Raph should only laugh taunt if the move hits. He does look rather foolish if he does his PrepA+B and it whiffs, yet he still laughs cuz he knows he's gonna be in for a world of hurt

My suggestion : Raph should only laugh taunt if the move hits. He does look rather foolish if he does his PrepA+B and it whiffs, yet he still laughs cuz he knows he's gonna be in for a world of hurt

Hahaha, I agree on that.
But I also agree on the way he laugh, that is so badass.

What about the japanese voiceover? Is there any video showing them in japanese v.o?
Raph is cool in his english voice, but a lot of other character's voice sounds better in Japanese IMO, so most of my SC games I set them in japanese voice.

It's annoying to hear Mitsurugi shouts in english and hearing the high pitched women characters in english,.. so yeah.
I was hoping SC someday to be like Tekken in terms of voice, I mean the western characters speak english and the eastern characters speak japanese as a default choice. Or make it like SF4 where you could choose freely for spoken language for each characters.

Hahaha, I agree on that.
But I also agree on the way he laugh, that is so badass.

What about the japanese voiceover? Is there any video showing them in japanese v.o?
Raph is cool in his english voice, but a lot of other character's voice sounds better in Japanese IMO, so most of my SC games I set them in japanese voice.

It's annoying to hear Mitsurugi shouts in english and hearing the high pitched women characters in english,.. so yeah.
I was hoping SC someday to be like Tekken in terms of voice, I mean the western characters speak english and the eastern characters speak japanese as a default choice. Or make it like SF4 where you could choose freely for spoken language for each characters.

His V.A is Yasunori Masutani again? XD

(3:52)

Interesting videos.
Every time the player does 6BB EX, the ex part is blocked. Does it mean it's not a natural combo ? That would be disapointing.

Back