SC2HD Patch Wishlist

How satisfied with SC2HD were you?

• Total voters

Mage

I'll make you submit!
Instead of creating several threads that involve crying about the netcode of SC2HD or the lack of lobbies that's most likely never going to be noticed by Namco/Project Soul, let's make a list of requests that we'd like to receive should a patch come out. This is in no way confirming that a patch will be delivered or made, but simple something we'd like to hope would happen.
[notice]Don't bother asking for an NTSC version of the game or a Soulcalibur III remake instead because that's simply just not going to happen.

Also can people actually read and not repost what has already been added to the wishlist, thanks.[/notice]

To start it off:

Wishlist for Hopeful Patch 1.0:
Online:

• Please implement an option to use lobbies, even if it will only be four spaces like it was Soulcalibur IV.
  • Please try to resolve the network/lag problems.
  • Allow the skipping of character intros.
  • Allow taunts to be used in the loading screen.
  • Change ranked matches to 3/5 rounds instead of 2/3.
  • Allow rematches in player match (only if the implementation of lobbies are not possible).
  • Fix freezing issues experienced when your opponent leaves the match.
  • Remove the redirect to the main menu after an online match and add the option to have a rematch.
  • Show recently played people and allow them to be selected for an invite.
  • Save your search parameters instead of resetting them after every match.
Practice Mode:
  • If possible please allow us to have the option of the recording function, similar to Soulcalibur V's record function.
  • Add frame data to the practice mode please.
  • An improved "tutorial" version of the first chapter of Weapon Master Mode.
Offline:
  • Add glossary or a description of SC2 terms.
  • Add Japanese voice overs if possible.

Leave a post below if you'd like to offer an idea to discuss. I doubt that a patch will be made but if it will then hopefully Namco/Project Soul will take heed to this post. Please only post if you have something to contribute, thanks.

Well first off, if we make it apparent to Namco that we know about these issues and enough of us are unhappy, we stand a good chance of at least being listened to.
As far as the PAL/NTSC character differences go, that actually IS a possible (and probably easy fix)

Anyways, here's a few necessary things.

Offline:
Fix slight input delay (especially noticeable on PS3)
Fix PAL version character glitches (especially Voldo infinite and Ivy 4A+B,B)
Fix random framerate drops/slowdowns in Weapon Master mode

Online:
Improve netcode. Less input delay
Allow skipping of character intros.
Allow character taunts on loading screen.
Change ranked matches to 3/5 rounds.
Allow rematches in player match.

Please try to only include ones that I haven't already added such as the "Improve Netcode" one, I've already discussed the lag.

Also, there was obviously a reason the game was made on the PAL version so I'm not sure if they were planning to do any glitch patching if they were to patch at all.

List updated.

To clarify the WMM mode issues, certain missions, specifically team battle missions will have an inconsistent framerate and slowdown. I have encountered this on 360, but haven't played WMM mode on PS3 yet so I can't say if it's happening on both systems.

I'll add it if we get confirmation on whether it is just Xbox or both systems.

Offline:
- If possible please add frame data to the practice mode
- Dojo Mode
- Glossary of Terms for SCII

Add Japanese VO's. Update the character balance and bring it on par with at least Arcade Ver. D. Improve the online options as stated above.

I know that's a very basic tutorial, but I would have tutorial mode that covers beginner to advanced leesons on how to play the game.
They didn't have it in SCII so I personally didn't expect them to add anything new to the offline offerings. I did expect them to offer some decent Online multiplayer offerings but what we got was bare minimum garbage at best.

Sounds good, count with me.

The only wish I can think now is to add a Global Colosseo like SC5, but I doubt it will happen.

But I totatlly agree with your wishes, I would be happy if they could do all that.

Focusing on online, as it's the primary reason for purchasing the re-release:

Necessary
- Improved netcode.
- Enable skipping of intros and post-round victories.
- Enable rematching in player matches: an option for instant rematch, another for return to character select.
- Inclusion of lobbies for more than 2 players (4-6).

Optional
- Inclusion of Fight Request in Arcade and Practice modes.

All good ideas here.

I would say, fix the freezing problems encountered when an opponent leaves mid-match. It slows your momentum quite a bit having to wait or restart your console just because the other person decided to leave.

I don't know why my last post was deleted. Realistically speaking, it's unlikely they're going to add patches to this game. This isn't a remake or an enhanced port; it's just an HD port with online thrown into it. They want you have a similar experience like when the game was first released. Online is really an afterthought despite what the title suggests. Unlike SCIV or SCV, the game is released as it is and it's not going to change (netcode, maybe, but features, modes, and balances and whatnot won't). So, as I was saying...

game_grumps___it_s_no_use_fan_art_by_brainsause-d63d41u.png

Improve net code. It cannot be stated enough. It's garbage.

Along those lines, at least try to try a little on the UI please Namco. Why am I back in the online menu after every single match? Why can't I just select search again like in SC IV, and SC V? Same for free match. Who decided that was a good idea?

Why do I have to hit start to get off a win/lose screen? Why is pressing A or pretty much any other button impossible at that point?

Everything about the UI is cumbersome and balky.

Back