Scantily Clad Women

I hope they eventually have the main characters' customizations available for cas like they did in SC4:

78401068.png

Monstergirls, yakuza, piercings, this is like one of my hentai manga XD

Really cool, I love blonde Cherry and the satyr

As a friend of mine once said, "If you're gonna be lookin' at an ass for the next 40 hours of gameplay, it may as well be a female one." I couldn't prove him wrong. Sexy designs all around, but that satyr in particular is gorgeous. She really pulls off the sexy-cute look well. Unless it really is just the camera as you say, the colors could stand to be significantly brightened. I would saturate the hair and eyes, darken the hooves and tattoos, and color in the arm equipment. This is me treating game fashion like theater fashion. It has to be blatant and exaggerated to attract audiences with far seating, poor vision, and low attention span. Whatever you decide to do, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Really, everything on those photos is a bit whitewashed. The colors are more vibrant than they appear in these (her eyes are about as bright as they can be, I believe). But beside that - and I'm not saying that you're wrong - I do consciously try to pick my spots and use colors/brightness in a certain, sorta deliberate way as a highlighter almost. See, the browns being kind of muted, to me, draws the eye moreso to the shades of her skin and her hair.

That said, I do need to do an alternate version for her. Considering a "wintry fairy" type thing, but I haven't found the skin tone I want yet.

The undergarments are either from DLC pack 1 or unlockable.

A term I've been throwing around is "model" type looks, which I haven't quite gone to yet. "Fashion" models tend to be very thin and slender, to the point where I don't even find them very attractive. The kind of model you see posing at a car show or in a car magazine is another story. Often they're a bit more voluptuous, perhaps even overboard in this regard sometimes.

I kinda tried to project the better sides of both into this girl, made her asian, and named her Knockout.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_89.png

Part of my goal here was to make her look very "leggy". She's extremely tall and on the slender side, but without losing her more womanly qualities.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_92.png

Her outfit, between the short boots, thigh-highs, and the one-piece, was supposed to really emphasize the length of her legs by showing her skin up the hips. Also, black is a slimming color, so it makes her waist look very small indeed. Her being bunned up is another touch - makes her body look longer, and her legs too, as a result.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_90.png

She actually doesn't have as much in her hips as might appear - less so than my other characters. I gave her a few small, somewhat girly tattoos. To me they make a character feel more "real" and individualistic. She's also got earrings and the first successful attempt at a nose stud I've done. It's a tiny detail, but I wanted to see if I could do it. Not sure how well it shows up in pictures. I gave it the snakeskin pattern so it'd be shiny, but that's probably hard to tell here.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_91.png

I threw in one with her hair down for good measure.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_96.png

Knockout's one of my favorites. It took a good deal of tweaking to perfect her look, body-wise. Striking the balance between "slender but without looking weak" was a point of emphasis. I think she actually looks more on the cruel side than my other characters do. Maybe an effect of her makeup.

She's got a "rich girl" alternate with her hair down full-time, and I'll probably put that up later. She's also got a "car mag cover" alternate showing a bit more skin, but with much more vibrant coloring.

You really have an eye for this. The medusa one was superb in color choice.

Thanks. Medusa's one of my better ones I think (for the uniqueness), though also one of my first where I'd really gone heavily into details. I'd like to revisit her sometime and maybe try a few other color schemes, actually. Snakes can be all kinds of colors, so there's a lot to explore there.

I'm also open to suggestions/ideas from anybody keeping track of this thread, so feel free to message or reply here.

I'll do a couple alternates I've been working on today.

First up is Knockout's "Rich Girl" alternate. She's a bit classier in this one, though her dress is still short enough to push that "leggy" agenda I've got for her.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_99.png

Going for kinda a "dinner date" kinda look for her in this. I definitely wanted to go brighter on the colors than her "checkered flag" look on the other one. Still showy, but also presentable. She's obviously on the modern side, so it's hard to pair her with a weapon.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_100.png

But who needs a weapon when you've got goldfish?
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_97.png

She's still got legs, and her tattoos are a bit different on her alternates. She's got an expansive asian-style phoenix (more visible on her other alternate) on her back and the rose was moved down to her ankle.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_98.png

The little bits of jewelry was a point of emphasis here. She's got a bracelet, a necklace, a nose stud and earrings on, and I want to find a way to do an anklet to my liking. I didn't wanna overkill clothes - I wanted her to look relatively normal. I toyed with trying to put a jacket on her, but ultimately decided that less was more, and she looks best this way to me.

Her jewelry and glasses in particular again accomplish that "real" feel for me. It's all in the little details that really make them come to life I think.

As a friend of mine once said, "If you're gonna be lookin' at an ass for the next 40 hours of gameplay, it may as well be a female one."

You have no idea how much i hear this, online and offline local gaming zones. i don't agree with it but im not against it either, everyone has a preference, my preference is playing a badass male character with style for 100 hours or more over a female pixel stripper. that or myself through whatever game has a creation engine since i like wearing purple clothes and kicking ass or getting my ass kicked in style.

It starts to irritate me when fucking nerds start breathing heavy IRL or online through there headsets whenever they pick there "hawt barbie doll" characters and announce to the world they have an erection the size of the eiffel tower. straight as an arrow here, but come on, wtf my fellow men?

In conclusion i leave you with this.

I've yet to run into this phenomenon (actively telling everybody you have wood over your character?), though I have run into people that start hitting on me when they see most of my characters are female. Equally creepy.

Could you post body sizes, for some reason I can't create sexy bodies like yours, my women always end looking fat or strange, not sexy.

@Leshain: What a spiteful, judgmental prude you are. Either you get off to men's asses or you get off living vicariously through your avatar. As you said yourself, people all have their preferences. To be vexed by opinions different from yours reeks of immaturity. Unless you're a genius artist with a genuine appreciation for male aesthetics, you'd do well to withhold your judgment of others.

@LargeBillsONLY: That racer chick just gave me wood.

@NeclordX: I thought you just turned down all the stats besides "chest."

PyrrhaFan: "Stomach" generally equates to "butt and hips", perhaps moreso than "hips" actually do.

NecLordX: My characters have varying body types, and those settings are pretty key in each of my characters since they don't wear a lot of clothes. Medusa for example has much different sliders than Knockout or Cherry do, though one could certainly notice that she's still certainly got an attractive figure.

Height plays a factor. Higher settings on shorter women will give them a very womanly, very hourglassy shape like Guardian (height 1) has, whereas for example a taller character like Knockout (height 5) uses moderate settings in most areas, though if I recall right she's got +4-8 in each of her leg settings.

But, in general, comparatively low waist settings, high-moderate stomach settings, moderate arms, and low-moderate pectorals do create a somewhat idealistic body shape. As someone else said though, it all flows from the hips. If you don't have good settings in stomach and hips, everything else will look awkward. You just have to tweak and try to find the right look for each body type. If you want a really natural, "real" looking character, just try to go from body part to body part and tweak them and ask yourself, "does this look right, these arms attached to this chest, this chest to this waist, this waist to these hips, these hips to these legs? Etc etc.

brucege: I don't think Leshain meant that quite as he put it, which is why I kinda peeled back my reaction to it. He could have worded it more clearly of course.

And, thanks for the endorsement I suppose. Haha.

Oh, by the way, for the tatt on her ankle, I used the "place by view". You obviously can't get it there via axis.

I'm actualy surprised nobody asked me how I got 7 tattoos on Cherry.

Oh, by the way, for the tatt on her ankle, I used the "place by view". You obviously can't get it there via axis.

I'm actualy surprised nobody asked me how I got 7 tattoos on Cherry.
I need to know that too. You're taunting me with knowledge. I could make my CaS much better with more tattoos! XD

Back