Schedule for NEC12 this Upcoming Weekend...

• Admin
Well North East Championship 12; which is basically the most important tournament in North America for the Soulcalibur community is this weekend! Most are considering this the last hurrah for SC4 and this is also the first hands-on public appearance for SC5 and TTT2 in America.

Originally, we toiled with the idea of not doing a "team" tournament this time around... but after numerous complaints we have decided to bring it back; but slightly altered. We will be doing a team tournament, but the teams will be "random". Players name's will be placed in a hat, and players will be paired up at random.

Signup for the SC4 Random Team Tournament begins at 1:00pm on Saturday, December 3. Registration will close at 1:45pm; Because we need a number of players divisible by 3, if we don't get a rounded number of players, the last player or two will have their entries refunded... Signup for the SC4 Singles tournament will begin immediately towards the end of the Team tournament.

slide.jpg
As you probably guessed it; we will be streaming from NEC all weekend! However, because of the sheer number of events on the docket, the tentative schedule has been decided in advance. The schedule below is strictly the schedule for the 8WayRun stream. It is not the tournament schedule, nor the schedule for the TeamSp00ky stream. This schedule is subject to change.

SATURDAY:
10am: Stream Start - Setup​
11am: Tekken Tag 2 Exhibition​
12pm: Soulcalibur V Exhibition​
2pm: Tekken 6 Singles​
3pm: King of Fighters XIII Singles​
5pm: Tekken Tag 2 Singles​
7pm: Soulcalibur IV Singles​
9pm: Soulcalibur IV 6v6 Feature: America vs France​
10pm: Soulcalibur V Exhibition​
11pm: Daishi Odashima Challenge​
12am: After-Hours from Jaxel's hotel room...​

SUNDAY:
12pm: Stream Start - Setup​
1pm: Tekken 6 top 4​
2pm: Soulcalibur IV top 4​
3pm: Tekken Tag 2 top 4​
4pm: King of Fighters XIII top 4​
5pm: Tekken Tag 2 Exhibition​
6pm: Soulcalibur IV/V Exhibition​
10pm: Stream Ends​

[stream=embed]149[/stream]

Odashima-san, Utoh-san and FilthieRich from Namco-Bandai will be in attendance all weekend for the festivities. In addition, they will be sticking to twitter and running contests for the stream watchers. Who knows what the prizes will be, but tune in if you want to find out!

There are TWO streams during NEC. The "main" stream will cover the main 2D fighters and will be broadcasted by TeamSp00ky. However, I'm sure you would rather watch our stream. Both streams are provided in high definition and are completely FREE! So we kindly ask that you disable your ad-blockers while watching so we can earn some advertisement revenue.

Bibulus also wants to do some interviews with Odashima-san; so if you have any questions, post them in the comments and I'm sure he'll consider them.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
So excited about this I can't wait to see the Soulcalibur V exibithion and Soul calibur IV team tournaments!!

Thanks, I'll post up questions....NOW! =D

1. (To Daishi-san) Do you like chocolate milk? It seems you love to drink it a lot at TGN stream.

2. Leixia bears a certain resemblance to Kayane, did you have her in mind when designing the daughter of Xianghua?

3. From TGN it seems Siegfried's damage output is very high - will this be modified for the final game?

4. As of the Ezio build, we still see artwork being used at character selection screen when selecting your character.Will they eventually be replaced with 3D models, or will you stick with the card system?

5. Why was Mitsurugi's style changed from "Tenpu Kosai Ryu Kai" in IV to "Shin Tenpu Kosai Ryu" in V? Is it due to the change in his skill set?

6. In general, how long will Story Mode last?

7. What can you tell us about the new mode, "Legendary Souls"? Does it have anything to do with custom characters?

8. When making each character's Critical Edge moves, what consideration(s) did you have in mind?

I'll be happily glued to the 8WR stream, looking forward to watching some SCV/TTT2...and KOF too? Real. Honest. Fighting.

Cant wait to watch this stream :).

I personally love the Idea of Random teams in the team tournament. It really makes things interesting imo.

Bibulus doing the interview should be pretty cool since He will aska lot of detailed questions.

I'm so happy that my fellow Americans are playing the game!!!! I will be seeing y'all play. (Whoeva's going)........
Shoutout to liTokyoli!!!!! I'ma support my homie!!!!!

Looking forward to this, hopefully aeon, xiba, and the other new characters are gonna be in the build(otherwise ill be a tad bit disappointed to say the least). But even then im looking forward to the america vs france 6v6. Don't really follow SC so other than kayane I don't know who/which characters to expect. Hopefully there is someone repping astaroth there.

To Daishi:

Judging from the recent matches, Mitsurugi has lost many of his previous tools. Is there any specific reason for this?

I was unable to come again because of classes getting in the way. <__<
Just ONCE I'd like to go to an Eastern-side tournament!!! D:<
Anyways, I'm also hoping to see Xiba, Cervantes, Aeon and Yoshimitsu!~ :)

Live streams

1 Viewers
DarknessChosen
DarknessChosen
[RO/EN] Tusea si cu Jungiu in direct pe Twitch | Day 2 | !discord !redeems !findmydarkness
1 Viewers
dragonmoor22
dragonmoor22
Streaming @PhoenixMoor5382

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back