SCIV's Story Mode>>>>>>>>>SCV's Story Mode

I have to disagree with your disagreement. Sc4 offered unique story's for every character and also was more interesting to play (team battles for example).

On a side note, museum mode helped a lot to make the characters background's more comprehensible, thus making sc4's story better.

While you could say sc5 has a nice Patrokolos storymode, it just ignores the majority of other characters . In fighting games, the biggest appeal of the storymodes is to experience every characters point of view, not just one.

Don't get me wrong, the experience for this one character was better compared to every single one from sc4 but the fact that sc5 only covers 1 storyline compared to sc4's 34 makes it a lot worse.

Other than that, the story itself was pretty terribad.

Imo this campaign would have been a nice addition to the regular story mode but on its own, it just covers to little.

so u mean the 5 random fights, no cutscenes, and a sentence ending was better than sc5? that cannot be so. i would say look to the holy grail of sc3 when judging both of these works. i also personally prefer a single story that involves most of the people and maybe side stories for those not directly involved over 34 splinter stories.

so u mean the 5 random fights, no cutscenes, and a sentence ending was better than sc5? that cannot be so. i would say look to the holy grail of sc3 when judging both of these works. i also personally prefer a single story that involves most of the people and maybe side stories for those not directly involved over 34 splinter stories.
There's an ending cutscene for every character in SC4. Heck, if you combine them all, the total cutscene length far exceeds SC5.

Anyway, I do think the story mode in SC4 is easily better than SC5. But that's mostly due to how bad I think the story mode in SC5 is.

The day that every character gets as long a story mode and as intricate a story as pat got is the day I Am happy with story, otherwise to me they have all been choc full o cliches and almost felt like a pointless feature.

SCIV "Story Mode" is just a glorified arcade mode. Don't see why people are still complaining about this. Team battle in SCIV was also single player only so putting that into the argument of it being better is void. But if you like a story where you fight people for no reason then watch a cut scene where they either walk off, freeze themselves, or attempt to claim soul edge; then good for you, we all have our cup of tea. I'd rather it be about 2 people and be half decent than have 34 cut scenes where there was no development at all. Just my opinion on the matter.

The difference between that of Soul Calibur IV's story mode and that of Soul Calibur V's story mode is that SCIV's wasn't flat as far as endings goes although some endings in IV other characters took over their endings (I'm looking at you Maxi, Yun-Seong, and Xianghua) but all in all, IV was much more enjoyable story mode wise to V.

Story for SCV just needs to be improved on and it'll be better than SCIV. But yea, those flat storyboard pictures was.... that's right, it was as flat as paper. The few cutscenes that was done was done well so we just needed more of them. Too bad Namco (jerks) gave PS such a terrible deadline.
But seriously, who wrote the dialogues for Patroklos and Pyrrha sibling love. It disturbed me and it disturbed my friend who was with me and since she has never played Soul Calibur in her life, she thought they were a couple when she sat down beside me near the ending chapters.
I'll be completely honest when I say that it was a drag, to play through the character's stories in SCIV. Player A defeats opponent X and then moves on the opponent D and then we get the same thirty seconds cut scene of Ostrheinsburg shaking like crazy and then a giant tower appears in the distance for the fifteenth time. And then, we get two more battles and then we finally get the ending. Where you can then say to yourself, yes! I can just watch the endings in museum and never have to play through story mode with Yun-Seong ever again! (Can't use that guy and I really don't like him. But his ending was one of my favorites).
Story for SCV should have switched from different characters in each chapters and for the finale, everything comes together and everyone face off against their rivals or the boss or for god sake just all get stuck in astral chaos so that all the characters can make an appearance in the story so that I can used some other characters besides Pat, Patsuka, Pyrrha, and Zwei!
P.S I love you more than the siblings Zwei. <3

Soul Calibur IV's story mode (or story for that matter) was 1. Short, and 2. The story itself was random and out of place compared to the past games.

Algol and his whole history showed no connection with the past games. It would have been different if Algol was at least mentioned in the past games, but he wasn't. At least with SCV, as vague as it was, is starting off with a clean slate while at least trying to connect it with the ending of SCIV.

Speaking of SCIV, notice that Algol's existence was non-existent during the end of that story. It was all about Siegfried and Nightmare.

SCV had the most disappointing story mode i've ever seen. they are so lazy they don't animate half of it. and then after it ended, its like nothing happened, they just repeated the story arch...twice basically. just horrible.

3 loses automatically due to manditory QTE's during the story mode. (Fuck that clock gear.)
4 loses because "They left and were never heard from again" was 90% of the "unique" endings.
So Sc 1 and 2 have the best story mode by the two sweetest words in the English language. De Fault.

3 loses automatically due to mandatory QTE's during the story mode. (Fuck that clock gear.)
And how does that make it a bad story mode? BTW QTE's aren't "mandatory". If you fail, you can still continue on towards the story. They've had QTE's ever since Soul Blade '_'

tbh i actually liked the QTEs because of the interaction between me and the action on screen. one of my favs was Seung Mi-na's ending. sc4 was so bad it almost made me quit playing soul cal, almost. it was supposed to be the last game and it was a turd. your supposed to have strong finishes not garbage.

well im honestly glad that sc4 was not the end because we have sc5. despite some of the flaws and gripes i have with it; it is still the best soul cal i've ever played and one i enjoy the most.

Well here's my 2 cents...

If I had to choose which Soul game I think had the best story, I'd have to go with either SC2 or SC3. SC2 because like I've said in the past, it was the first of the series I've ever owned on the console and I actually got into the character's stories (Plus, the dramatic songs played during the endings were pretty great lol). SC3 was good in my opinion because although they had the QTEs (I liked them actually), it felt like you were on a journey with the characters. Picking which way you wanted to go and all that stuff, it was definitely fun. Plus, Chronicles of the Sword's story wasn't all that bad either. I was totally surprised when you had to fight Girardot and were working with the wrong side, I totally didn't see that coming...! :)

Now SCIV. I really didn't like the story that much. Like another comment said, I thought the entrance of Algol being targeted as the center was unneeded because he was never mentioned in either of the previous games (although in SC2's weapon master mode, there was a town named "Algol"). It really was only about Siegfried and Nightmare. The only endings I actually liked in SCIV was Hilde, Setsuka, Yoshimitsu, Yun-Seong (even though he was a dumbass. C'mon, what part of "The sword is evil" do you not understand...), Seong-Mina, Cassandra, Xianghua, Kilik, Maxi, and Siegfried/Nightmare. The rest were either stupid or "WTF?" At least in my opinion. I will give them credit though because since it was supposed to be the last game, I can understand how a lot of the character endings like Setsuka's or Sophitia's gave that impression that it was the end.

SCV's story mode disappointed me. I was so bummed because before the game came out and I saw the trailer showcasing the Story mode, I was all hyped because I felt the story would be like no other. Instead, you get solely stuck with Patroklos who in my opinion was beyond stupid and annoying (I remember a quote he said of what he thought a malfested looked like and I was like really?...) and Pyrrha who I'll admit, I felt bad for considering all she went through. Like I said in another post, I didn't like how they ignored a lot of the characters (Cervantes, Raphael, Hilde, & Mitsurugi) or gave them very small parts (Viola, Xiba, Leixia, Natsu, Maxi & Astaroth). It also created way more questions then answers. How did Cervantes escape the cold clutches of Soul Edge? How did Xiba get the Kali-Yuga? Is Viola really Amy? (I'm sure she is though) Does Raphael know that Viola is really Amy? See what I mean...? I will say though, I applaud PS for trying. They just needed better writing (the writing was so cliche'd it wasn't funny...), more cutscenes (I got tired of seeing the slideshows), and involving more characters. If they did that, then this would have been hands down the best story to date in my opinion.

But yeah, that's just my opinion on the subject. :)

Back