SCIV's Story Mode>>>>>>>>>SCV's Story Mode

Discussion in 'Soulcalibur IV (Multi)' started by CassSophFan, Feb 18, 2012.

1. ShaolinTiger86

ShaolinTiger86 [12] Conqueror

I wholeheartedly agree with what Kai's rant. Now, I'll admit, I had high hopes for the SCV story mode but after watching it for one time only, I felt like I got had for all the anticipation. I wanted to know who were the malfested and why they are attacking but instead we get no explanation of that plus the characters not named Patroklos and Pyrrha (I will give PS some credit for giving ZWEI some screen time) were just cameo appearances just to further the story. It raised more questions then answers like how does Leixia know how to use the Dvapara Yuga and know who Kilik is, how the malfested ended up invading Wolfkrone and how Viola was supposed to be a major character in the story but wasn't? PS might continue on the story or God knows what else but they need to figure out something because after reading the Artbook, we know more of the characters' motives now then we did before plus I'm leaning towards reboot mode but other than that, I didn't like SCV's story mode vs. any of the previous story modes (especially SC2 and SC3).

darkwings13 and Kai_lombax like this.
  2. XVictoryPeaceX

XVictoryPeaceX [05] Battler

well almost everything about SCV dissapointed me in general. i like SCIV better because it's built in the classic fighting game style. That style is that you pick the character you want to fight as. you fight enemies until you get to the boss. (in SC2 it was inferno) Once you beat this boss you get to see the ending cutscene for the character you picked and you repeat this process for every character until you get to see all their endings which may or may not have some intertwining story elements. I give project soul a bit of credit for trying somthing new and having one major story line instead of a bunch of minor ones. But god knows they didn't pull it off as well as they could of!

Thaeonblade and ShaolinTiger86 like this.
  3. ShaolinTiger86

It's rants like these that make me appreciate the Soul Series, period.

4. EbonyBlack

EbonyBlack [06] Combatant

Yup. IV's was pretty much better in every way. That's not saying it's good, but it's certainly the lesser of the two evils.

ShaolinTiger86 likes this.
  5. GF900000Returns

GF900000Returns [05] Battler

The only thing I didn't like about SCV's story is that it didn't have enough screening for Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, and Hilde. Other than that I disagree with the topic.

The ending in SCIV that almost made me cry was the Siegfried ending where he froze to death.

Kai_lombax and ShaolinTiger86 like this.
  6. Kai_lombax

Kai_lombax [12] Conqueror

Yeah, I feel if they included more of the characters and gave them bigger parts, the story wouldn't have been so bad.
    And yeah, Siegfried's SCIV ending was quite sad... I also did like Hilde's, Setsuka's, Yoshimitsu's, and Yun-Seong's. :)

• Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    SCIV's story mode was hardlly a story mode. Every ending had someone take a sword, both swords or freeze.

All the stages were the same or slightly different. Boring.

7. JAGTHEGEMINI

JAGTHEGEMINI [10] Knight

But that was the same in every SoulCalibur before...

• Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    My point is that even though the story mode was only a third completed, SCV's story mode was better.

8. GF900000Returns

GF900000Returns [05] Battler

Well since PS thought that SCIV was gonna be the last SC game, it kinda makes sense despite how redundant it was. I also agree with u on the stages.

ShaolinTiger86 and Mage like this.
  9. ShaolinTiger86

This.

10. darkwings13

darkwings13 [12] Conqueror

(>*.*) hmm....
    SCV stages are nice but somehow... it's kinda lacking in my opinion. We have a night and day forest stage. Night and day coliseum stage. And then we have Nightmare's stage in two forms as well. Oh, and Kilik's stage is alitte way too similar to Yoshi's stage... And then you got Siggy's stage during the siege... and not during the siege. -__-
    For now, the most artistic stage in SCV would have to be Asta's stage. You've got great details in those statues, floors and the second floor when you fall down, there's a lake of water and majestic architecture. I'm hoping to see more of that. And Hilde's stage has alot going on for it in the background so it's nice.

Personally, I think the stages for SCIII was the best.

ShaolinTiger86 and Kai_lombax like this.
  11. ShaolinTiger86

I liked the stages from SCII and SCIII. SCIV's stages were okay but they were leaning a little bit towards the whole fantasy, otherworldly places. SCV's are good but nowhere near SCII or SCIII.

12. Kai_lombax

Kai_lombax [12] Conqueror

For me, I love the stages of SCII & SCIII.
    Soul Calibur 2
    -Imperial Capital Ayutthaya (Most fave!)
    -Lakeside Collisuem
    -Xiwei Siege Ruins

Soul Calibur 3
    -Jyurakudai Villa
    -Old Toledo Burning Gallery
    -Indian Port

Really I like all the levels in those two games at the end of the day. The only level I liked in SCIV was Phantom Pavillion and Hall of the Warrior God. SCV has a lot more interesting levels in my opinion compared to SCIV but nothing can pale to SCII & SCIII. I liked the more realism mixed with Fantasy approach then the full on fantasy aprroach but again, that's just me.

13. ShaolinTiger86

Soul Calibur 2 Stages
    Kaminoi Castle- Sakura Dai Gate
    Xiwei Siege Ruins
    Pirate's Alcove
    Hwangseo Palace- Phoenix Court
    Egyptian Ruins
    South France Mansion-Library
    Ostrheinsburg Chapel
    Imperial Capital Ayutthaya
    Village of the Wind

Soul Calibur 3 Stages
    Old Toledo- Burning Gallery
    Indian Port
    Proving Grounds
    Lotus Garden
    Sacred Mt. Fuji- Lava Bed
    Battle in The Strait
    Ling Sheng-Su Temple Ruin
    Underground Buddhist Sanctum
    Egyptian Temple

Kai_lombax likes this.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    I meant that each character's story mode took place on similar stages. I didn't mean that looked the same xD

14. darkwings13

darkwings13 [12] Conqueror

Oh ok XD
    That's very true Mage.

15. ShaolinTiger86

Same here. It was basically the same 4 maybe 5 stages maximum.

16. KingAce

KingAce HERMITISM

SC4 had a story? They might have not had the time to actually complete SCv's Story, but at least it's a story. SC4 is a piece of shit story wise. What story? None of it makes any damn sense, none of it.

17. JAGTHEGEMINI

JAGTHEGEMINI [10] Knight

I see.