SCV Ivy Video Thread

That's CL 236BB but with new second B. It's mostly for combos (high damage) but on block it's terrible.

9A+B,(B) block disadvantage is HUGE. The opponent can block and run up to Ivy before the animation ends. It looks like at least -50.

aww i was hoping that move was going to be good,aslong as it has it uses over the normal version,like in combos like you said,it doesnt seem to do much dmg either tho,does it do less than the normal version?

I think we might have another move to combo into B+K. I not 100% sure but it looks like Sw44A or 22A (sc5) causes crumple stun and it looks long enough to combo to. Im hoping the A+B [ A+K ] is fixxed i think i saw it get blocked in one of the more recent vids but it might have just been the 2nd hit and not the third.

CH 22_88A has better options, it's probably her strongest CH combo starter.

CH 22A, 66B BE, 6B8 BE (wall), 2B+K, 44K should be around 150dmg. It requires 100% meter, though.

I'm not sure what's the strongest meterless combo. B+K is a very slow move, I can't say if it's gonna work, just like WP 66A+B did not work after CH WP 3A.

Is it easy to switch between the moves from different states? I mean like in IV it took like 2 seconds before changing Sword state again.

Ring I hope its not that slow as that seems like it would be one of her best meter less combos for damage especially if it combos to 6b8 like I imagined. I hate when developers nerf both damage and combos because it makes the character less fun to play an kills their overall damage output. I don't want to get the game and ALREADY be waiting for a patch.

I hope this CH combo is in the final build (16:58)

This would be good for the 1A spammers. How do yall feel about this?

Edit: Also at 17:15 do you guys think that 214K would be viable as a tech trap after the 22_88 B NC? It might catch rollers.

Too good to be true, just as I expected =/ Oh well. Let's at least hope that 22B BE can relaunch off the ground, it will lead to many strong combos that way.

Good News! My theory:
Maybe after 6B8 BE at the edge, we can do 7A+B (SCIV's WP 1B+K) into a higher damaging combo or do the 22_88B BE

It works! I know the build is old but hopefully its in the final build (13:48)

Edit: That fight kind of pissed me off because its extremely obvious how less complex Ivy is compared to Leixia

Edit 2:
  • (16:52) Unblockables can be Just Guarded.. Great! *sarcasm*
  • (17:38) Same combo with SCIV's WP 66A+B as the starter.
  • (23:23) BT A+B has the same animation of 2B+K, can we control it like 1_2_3B+K?
  • (23:58) 99B BE > 6B8 BE > SCIV's WP 3B+K. That is a tech trap!! YES!
Hey Ring, does 6B8 BE track?

I have no idea actually, but I doubt it.

By the way, 7_8_9B+K is NOT guaranteed after 6B8 BE. I asked Linkrkc to test that at NEC and he confirmed that you can tech out of it. It only works as a techtrap when the opponent is rolling backwards.

As for BT A+B, this is the first time I see this move. It wasn't there in the build I had played 2 months ago.

they had a version of it in SCIV but it only hit like SW1B+K. It does seem like it vary its distance~

I have no idea actually, but I doubt it.

By the way, 7_8_9B+K is NOT guaranteed after 6B8 BE. I asked Linkrkc to test that at NEC and he confirmed that you can tech out of it. It only works as a techtrap when the opponent is rolling backwards.

As for BT A+B, this is the first time I see this move. It wasn't there in the build I had played 2 months ago.

Only if the KND of 6B8 had a sliding effect like CH 4B we could have some solid combos... Time will tell I guess smh. Ivy is going to be meter heavy in this game, it seems like all of her high damage combo attacks are BE's. Shit! I hate fighting like that man.

Its fine if Ivy BE heavy character. If Ivy had good normal attack she wouldn't be using BE as often, so they nerf NC attacks to make you use BE.
FC 1B is her best NC tool. The other NC attack I see that has big damage is SC5 44BBB 6B9. (SC5 44B is SC4 CL/WP 9B, WP WR BB) But I don't see this move being used in high level play, unless its for jumping over low strings.

As for the BT A+B/2B+K, it might just be a bug. It seem very odd for Namco remove BT A+B but then replace it with something with similar animation.
But if it turn out that this is the new BT "A+B", I think will have one of two effects. 1) Shot the opponent straight up rather than over your head. Or 2) Stuns like 2B+K .

Also Lows in SC5 don't seem as prominent across the board as everyone got nerf there. Although I still hope that Ivys SC4 SW FC3B is in somehow. That was an annoying low, lol.

It could be an option though, I'm pretty sure the opponent wont be able to punish from that far. (unless it was a mirror match against another good Ivy lmao)

After someone side techs 9B+K, they can run all the way up to Ivy and launch her before she can block.

your like the only one who does.....but it maybe something that most have to adjust to....oh well thats what the lab is for...

Back