SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Some new fun stuff!

With the opponent close the edge, 4B+K always puts you to the correct side for a ring-out throw and opponent cannot really know which way to break. There's gotta be a way to use this - best I can think is force by edge via 4A series or something to give small adv/disadv - 4B+K and throw as whiff punish to force a complete guess or 3B, 66K(?) if you expect them to duck.

You could always step to the correct side as well but... as I found that after 4A on block, their throw will catch you trying to step, whereas 4B+K will evade throws here!! With a little delay you can evade night/sieg ground throws as well from FC, if say you put them there with a 4B (blocked) first (although if you were expecting that in this situation, you can also FLE B+K B them out). It's likely in some match-ups they will be trying to ring out out with their reverse throw, so not only do you get to evade it but reverse the situation back on them. The ring-out could well be well worth the hp loss, especially if the opponent is good at limiting your other ring-out options.

Also found a very random sound queue not really in the favour of Yoshi mind. SDGF A+K if he is coming straight down he says "Paradise awaits", if you direct it he says "Seppuku!". Makes me think what else in this game could be reacted to via sound.

Some new fun stuff!

With the opponent close the edge, 4B+K always puts you to the correct side for a ring-out throw and opponent cannot really know which way to break. There's gotta be a way to use this - best I can think is force by edge via 4A series or something to give small adv/disadv - 4B+K and throw as whiff punish to force a complete guess or 3B, 66K(?) if you expect them to duck.

You could always step to the correct side as well but... as I found that after 4A on block, their throw will catch you trying to step, whereas 4B+K will evade throws here!! With a little delay you can evade night/sieg ground throws as well from FC, if say you put them there with a 4B (blocked) first (although if you were expecting that in this situation, you can also FLE B+K B them out). It's likely in some match-ups they will be trying to ring out out with their reverse throw, so not only do you get to evade it but reverse the situation back on them. The ring-out could well be well worth the hp loss, especially if the opponent is good at limiting your other ring-out options.

Also found a very random sound queue not really in the favour of Yoshi mind. SDGF A+K if he is coming straight down he says "Paradise awaits", if you direct it he says "Seppuku!". Makes me think what else in this game could be reacted to via sound.

Is it a certain number of spinning evades or just one to be at ring edge ???

Is it a certain number of spinning evades or just one to be at ring edge ???

I was doing it with just one. It's pretty situational on further testing, you want enough frame adv. so that their whiff keeps them side on, otherwise you'll get a normal throw if they can re-align. I'll probably try some more testing with 4B+K because there's probably some safe two hit strings where you can avoid the 2nd hit where a step will not.. will have to try.

Lot of conditions have to be met there for that to be useful:
1. 4B+K has to evade something that a normal step or backstep couldn't (actually kinda rare)
2. The evade has to give you very little frame adv, otherwise you could just 6K them for a ringout
3. They have to be right next to the ring edge for the side throw to ringout, which is unlikely because most attacks move you forward a bit
4. You couldn't just JG and get a better, safer result

So yeah the only possibility is from dodging a throw from high disadvantage. Try 66K 4B+K?

I think it's enough of a stratagem to push your opponent close to the edge, have them mentally locked down from Yoshi's tracking ringout moves, and then run up and step-side-throw them (I think it's right side?).

Ok yeah, you're probably better trying to get that side throw set-up in some other ways. I love the fact they'll have to guess the right break though rather than knowing. Probably best to save for running up 4B+K (if they are using vert pokes to keep you out) for back throw/whiff punish.

6A post guard break, thoughts? :P

edit:
6A: Leaves backturned for:
- iMCF RCC 3B a:B+K 2A+B 66 (112-117 (clean hit) dmg +30hp or 82-87- dmg -30hp in a 50/50.

If you like to gamble - take the advantage and force back-throw/mid mix-up:
-- 121 if guess right on hp drain and a back-throw +30hp (151 difference I like it!)
-- 61 if wrong on HP drain, correct on back-throw -30hp (hmm... not so good)
-- +9 hp to opponent and -30hp to you if wrong on both! (terrible)

Step right 6A: front turned = 6B BE combo

Last edited:
Bored in the lab today.

6K, 66A, and a:B+K will break guard if you use them from while landing. This is a system wide bug that enables some moves to guard break when they're not suppose to. Nothing too juicy here really but there might be a few more moves that have this bug. I didn't test every move.

Since 1K is a hard knockdown, 1K > G > Deathcopter is just like 3B a:B+K DC. DC will hit them if they cannot play dead in the a:B+K DC situation. Not a super amazing finding but if you want to test somebody with some jank it can do around 110 dmg if they get up. There is little to no risk for doing this against characters that cannot play dead against it but you're sacrificing damage if they just play dead every time and take the damage on the ground.

Stepping right before FC 3K will allow DNK 3B combo. This isn't necessarily practical but something to know especially for that scared opponent with a back to the edge holding G for dear life.

Last edited:
Bored in the lab today.

6K, 66A, and a:B+K will break guard if you use them from while landing. This is a system wide bug that enables some moves to guard break when they're not suppose to. Nothing too juicy here really but there might be a few more moves that have this bug. I didn't test every move.

Since 1K is a hard knockdown, 1K > G > Deathcopter is just like 3B a:B+K DC. DC will hit them if they cannot play dead in the a:B+K DC situation. Not a super amazing finding but if you want to test somebody with some jank it can do around 110 dmg if they get up. There is little to no risk for doing this against characters that cannot play dead against it but you're sacrificing damage if they just play dead every time and take the damage on the ground.

Stepping left before FC 3K will allow DNK 3B combo. This isn't necessarily practical but something to know especially for that scared opponent with a back to the edge holding G for dear life.
Stop Spreading TITANSQUAD Tech. I Told You That In Confidence!

Reactions: mkl
What post-guard break have you guys been doing? I feel like I've been doing it wrong all along. I have said 3B+K or 1B+K is a good post-GB, but dash-in a:B+K CH combo does 87 meterless so apparently that's the best. In actual matches I've only really used CE though.

Keep in mind you have a lot of time after the guard break to step first and aim whatever you need to. So line up those 6K wallsplats. And remember DNK carries to the wall for big 140+ damage wall combos if you set it up right, and that's also i15 so you can aim that as well.

Jump 66A guard break could be useful, as Yoshi has nothing for horizontal guard breaks. The 1K setup does 103 in the best case, 30 in the worst case (they forward roll it), in the 70s if they take it grounded vs 90 for the guaranteed combo. Just be 90% certain it'll work?

Stepping left and doing the iFC 3K DNK combo is actually really hard to land, since you have step really far to their left. Any further and they'll auto-align if they're just holding guard. This also means it'll ring out directly to the left, and they won't get rung if they were squarely against the edge (in that case, left-side throw them off). Hard to get in position quickly, too. Fastest way is to 6 26 26 step into iFC 3K.

Last edited:
What post-guard break have you guys been doing? I feel like I've been doing it wrong all along. I have said 3B+K or 1B+K is a good post-GB, but dash-in a:B+K CH combo does 87 meterless so apparently that's the best. In actual matches I've only really used CE though.

Keep in mind you have a lot of time after the guard break to step first and aim whatever you need to. So line up those 6K wallsplats. And remember DNK carries to the wall for big 140+ damage wall combos if you set it up right, and that's also i15 so you can aim that as well.

I use 44bB combos since I don't bind a:B+K anymore. Similar damage but I think you pretty much got it.

If they just hold G you can 66A+B after DC. What are you doing for 90 from 1K? 8A and G 2A+B 66A+B are like 75. Like 105 if ya stab yourself like the game recommends.

Last edited:
I use 44bB combos since I don't bind a:B+K anymore. Similar damage but I think you pretty much got it.

If they just hold G you can 66A+B after DC. What are you doing for 90 from 1K? 8A and G 2A+B 66A+B are like 75.
You know that move you don't bind? 1K a:B+K 2(A+B)6(6) does 90 with a:B+K having chance of clean hit for more damage. Not that you'll land 1K often, but you should still use a:B+K even if you don't like the setup for backturned and close launches on certain characters.

You know that move you don't bind? 1K a:B+K 2(A+B)6(6) does 90 with a:B+K having chance of clean hit for more damage. Not that you'll land 1K often, but you should still use a:B+K even if you don't like the setup for backturned and close launches on certain characters.

Oh yeah, that would give the guaranteed options after a:B+K. The 1K stuff definitely isn't that cool though but it is something worth noting I suppose. I wonder if any of his hold moves have that weird Pat A+B/Mitsu 236B (prepatch) glitch. I think that's the next thing I'm gonna test. Like if 4K(B) had that glitch we'd get like 190 damage wall combos meterless hahaha.

Hey, post GB, not sure how easily this is escaped or not but:

a:B+K, iMCF, step left ~1(B)

The step means it cannot be rolled I think. I had the training dummy trying to AA me after the stun off the iMCF (Leixia) and if done quickly she could not interrupt full charge 1(B) for 98 damages (total 140?). Will have to try out in games, not that I GB very often.

I always G a:B+K after 1K (note: CE can tech trap here), or G 4AAAAA.

No love for 6(A) set-ups post GB?? It's risky, but heck.. if you're in their head the odds can be in your favour that you'll guess right. 6(A) iMCF CE is best case 120 + 30hp to you.. heck you don't even need the meter to get that kinda damage off this, just a correct guess. One for infinite stages maybe?

Last edited:
If you can hit that iMCF every time, go for it. I can only land that less than 10% of the time in training mode. Timings that are a long time away from your last action are harder to learn by muscle memory. That step-right 6A into 6B BE combo also works after any guard crush, which won't be worth it over the a:B+K combo (87 meterless). 6(A) 6B BE combo will do 70 damage, not counting the 50/50 where you basically have the risk of throwing yourself. I could see some opponents not trying to break that throw though, since it looks like they're getting combo'd.

I decided to look into hard knockdowns myself and found some interesting stuff. Seems like the Knockdown from FC 3k and 1K can go hand & hand with a Deathcopter follow-up. Thing is about this one it can be escaped by a wake up Just Guard or roll the either side. This set up is also character specific as well but different from the the Earslicer setup. How you land it is also dependent the distance you connect with your FC 3K. If it lands at tip range which is distance I prefer for this you can go right into your Deathcopter follow-up. Lets say now it hits close to mid range to have to RCC with a input of 4 for Deathcopter to connect. The catch with close to mid ranges is with the single tap of 4 after FC k3 then Deathcopter will whiff if they sleep. After you hit your 4 wait until Yoshimitsu looks like hes standing then Deathcopter will land.

It seems alright if your playing someone that doesn't know how to evade this. Not guaranteed damage but it more damage then the FC K3 RCC 3B. Comparing this to 1K's hard knockdown the risk factor is just about the same but without sacrificing as much damage as to the 1K launcher. you could apply it to Earslicer techs with FC K3 for more possible damage instead of just going for the Deathcopter right off the back. Try and mix it up with Earslicer Deathcopter follow-up to see what you can get.I will leave a character specific list below for you guys to try it if you want. Post what you think of this, it would be nice to see what you guys think of this.

Oh, before I make this list I like to specify that Astaroth & Alpha Patroklos don't need RCC when FC 3k lands close (weird how this won't on regular Patroklos).

Works with :!
( shows who can be hit from all ranges if grounded )
Patroklos
Zwei
Natsu
Ezio
Siegfried
Hilde
Xiba
Ivy
Cervantes
Aeon
Tira
Nightmare
Mitsuguri
Dampierre
Voldo
Aataroth (RCC isn't need for close range)
Alpha Patroklos (Same as Astaroth)
Algol

Will not work :(

Leixia
Raphael
Viola
Pyrrha
Maxi
Yoshimitsu ( Namu ! )
Omega Pyrrha

Last edited:
As for breaking guard I prefer stuff that breaks along with push back. Moves such as CE, 66K and 66A BE(with CE being one of my favorites). As for Post GB go for 1B+K into DNK for them crazy wall combos !

I like it. I have done this a few times by the wall with great results. They're too scared to stand up by the wall. Didn't know who it actually worked on though

Im back to Yoshi, what did I miss?, Im planning to use him at FR, I havent had many issues with matches I used yo have before. Of course Viola is broken and Im not counting her. But any tips vs her are welcome.

Back