[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

I wanted to know Pie if you could ask the Seattle SC players if any of them are interested in going to NCR. Let them know that we got a FREE place to crash so they would only have to pitch in like 20 or 30 dollars for gas to go with me.

yeah no one really goes unless they all know ahead of time. I haven't been able to go because I don't got the money to drive over there right now.

I haven't been able to go up to Seattle since I didn't have a car. Now that I do, it'd be fun to try to make it up. I haven't really played lately though. I'd be down if something was set up in Lakewood too, since I live in Parkland.

If possible can you set something up on Wednesday or Friday?

Man I been wanting to get down with yall at Smash, but I ALWAYS work that day.
My ps3 ain't available right now & I'm SCV hungery.

Shikisoku!

I haven't been able to go up to Seattle since I didn't have a car. Now that I do, it'd be fun to try to make it up. I haven't really played lately though. I'd be down if something was set up in Lakewood too, since I live in Parkland.
Evan or Pie would have to confirm, but I believe we still have weekly casuals on Thursday at Super Smash games in Tacoma which I think they said is within walking distance of Lakewood. Also if you feel up to it, They have monthly tournaments up in Lynwood at GameClucks on Saturdays.
If possible can you set something up on Wednesday or Friday?

Man I been wanting to get down with yall at Smash, but I ALWAYS work that day.
My ps3 ain't available right now & I'm SCV hungery.

Shikisoku!
I'm not sure if they still do, but the Tekken guys would also have casuals on Tuesdays because they wanted to get in more games, and some of them just never had the time to make it on Thursdays. If you really want to go to casuals, talk with everyone and figure out a day when you could all make it. Then its simply a matter of asking the store owners for permission to have casuals on that day. Communication is important in keeping the community alive, especially one as small as ours.

Also, if you think that maybe the locations are too far away for you then talk with everyone to figure out if you can't find something closer. Communicate with us guys. Can't do nothing for you if you don't talk to us about it.

ONE more thing. Please guys, I know everyone and their mother has FB so everyone just sticks to that, but if not for me then for Calibur, use 8WAYRUN to communicate SC and community related info. Encourage your friends to use 8WR. Like GreatOne said, if we use 8WR to communicate to each other about SC and casuals, tournaments, and other FGC related stuff, it makes are community look and feel ALIVE instead of dead. The more alive we look, the more people who want to join us, and when we have Majors, it makes people want to come visit us. So please encourage all the SC players you know to use 8Wayrun. End rant.

Last edited:
friday is fnm, so that would not be possible. wednesday could work, but we will see.

there is currently not a weekly gathering at smash, but evan and monstroso would probably be thrilled to play if you bring a sc setup on down. if you want me to swing on by, i absolutely can, and try to bring a krynxe and jdaco in tow, but you do have to let me know in advance.

i was notified the other day that my workplace needs a particular permit, so our opening date is being pushed back. it will likely be at least a couple weeks after opening that i will be able to schedule any kind of get together at all.

if you guys need anything, please, please let me know, and i will do my best to take care of it. it would be nice if sc stopped being dead around here.

harry, too bad about that job situation, hope you find something soon, man~

You know I hated my old job. I fucking hated that place. Everyday I wanted to quit. But I would be lying if I said I don't miss the money. I was making $16.11/hour when I got fired. That's really fucking good pay for a place that only required a high school diploma.
By the way, who's monstroso?

even if you hated the job, making money is better than not making money.
monstroso plays sc2, he is one of the tekken guys. alex, i believe, is his first name.

Back