Second Day CaS

I wouldn't suggest to put stickers all over the place of course, but like brucege once said to someone else, don't be afraid to try clashing with colors and such (being bolder). It might not always look good, but it may improve your eyes on accepting some of the colors/items going together. Even if you won't keep it that way, at least you would have tried and therefore, somehow "trained".

Also, though some patterns may not be useful at first, if you play with contrast and size, you can get some very nice results and even suggest details/texture. An example is that green, grey and black pattern (by default) that looks a bit like a camo in the first pattern section, one of the last of the category. By messing with the 3 colors and making them "closer" to each other, you can give a more ragged/textured look to clothes and some armor. Another one is the snowflakes-like pattern in the "modern" section (last). It actually has bump mapping, so it's useful to create a certain texture if you put the two colors the same. Sometimes it gives a "ice" quality, sometimes a non-smooth metal. Here's a simple example of the use of this pattern on her shield here:
1dd5c61a.png
Try looking for all the patterns that have bump maps and you can then experiment to find how you can exploit them.

As for suggestions for your characters themselves, I believe you can try pattern 1 (from the first category; the gradient stripes) on any of your characters' clothing (most notably Jade's pants and Alyson's skirt). You can then play with its size (I usually put it to the largest size, rotate the pattern until it's horizontal and then tweak from there), and by choosing the right colors, you can make a nice gradient, giving more depth to the item and, sometimes, more richness to its color. Another example of mine is her leather shirt:
1447919c.png
I always thought this shirt was very flat in color. By making one of the stripes lighter in color, it seems to give it visually a better reflective quality around the breasts area.

ETA: Not sure if it's just your camera but it seems the black is very, very dark. I think that very dark is okay, but it kind of lessen in quality when its darkness actually hives all of the clothing's details (such as folds and such). It's okay, or maybe better, to just lighten it up slightly. It will still look black (maybe even a more realistic clothing black), but you'll also see the details better. That is of course if it's not due to the camera picture that it's so dark.

Alyson 1p and 2p.

2p heavily inspired by your CaS xD

the idea behind the two was that the first was sort of her on the road, traveler look and the 2p is her more wealthy, extravagant side

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 107
I am so happy with how they look so far. I added a belt to her 1p, but am too lazy to repost pictures because of it xD, any suggestions for either of them?

The Wonder Jacket actually looking nice? Blasphemy!

lulz. I kid.

Very nicely done. I'm jealous of your ability. Color coordination has never really been a strong point of mine :/
Oh and also, another neat trick I learned with the snowflake pattern is if you use the same color for both colors, it makes some kind of a lace pattern. More so on small things like gloves or even the thigh-high socks. Also, it works better with black or white.
Just a little tip. :D

Back