[Sep 26, 2012] BONE: Best of New England Monthlies (Framingham, MA)

What are the rules on picking stages in tournament? (can someone go a little indepth with this?)

Create a character aka devil jin is ban basically?
Is this asta at 2:35:00 legal? (it seems to me it shouldnt be)
http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas/b/309016923

Can a newbie enter both tournaments?

You cannot have won any other Calibur tournaments in the past. If I deem you already a competent player, though, and I see you trying to enter, I'm going to call you a scrub forever. :D
Are you gonna warn us when we are competent player? I dont want to be consider a pokemon forever.

Stages are random select. What kind of explanation would you like? Yes, newbs can enter both tournaments. Basically if you haven't won a tournament, you can enter. If I see that you placed like top 30 in WinterBrawl, though, I'm going to personally call you a scrub forever. :D Yes, I will warn you if I think you're overqualified, lol.

To what are you referring? The customization? CaS is banned overall. This includes any character skin changes aside from color, and even that is going to be subjectively judged by me. Best bet is to stick with the default skins.

Stages are random select. What kind of explanation would you like? Yes, newbs can enter both tournaments. Basically if you haven't won a tournament, you can enter. If I see that you placed like top 30 in WinterBrawl, though, I'm going to personally call you a scrub forever. :D Yes, I will warn you if I think you're overqualified, lol.

To what are you referring? The customization? CaS is banned overall. This includes any character skin changes aside from color, and even that is going to be subjectively judged by me. Best bet is to stick with the default skins.

Is it possible for the loser to change the stage?

Ok, cool CaS are banned. I just found it weird since that match was at a finals match at a major.

It's early on in the game. Not all of the rules (though already in place from earlier SC iterations) have been stated outright as a tournament standard. Perhaps they are leaving it to the community to decide for their own locals. Personally, I'm going with the old Major Tournament Standard, as it appears to have carried over to this game.

Yes, loser can change the stage, but it will always be Random select. No individual stage selection.

Hey Ryan, do you need me to bring my laptop? I'll help run the brackets for either the standard tourney or the newbie tourney. Maybe if we have time/enough players willing we can run a teams tourney? Let me know.

I'll be bringing my laptop, but feel free to in case mine explodes? Sure if there's interest, we can definitely do teams.

Don't know if this will be seen but there's a chance I'll be arriving a few minutes after 2 like 2:10 at the latest but I'm definitely entering. Hopefully I can still compete, took the day off work to make this. Wanted to be there early but had to tend to a few obligations. At the very least I'll still get some games in while I'm there and that's what I need most.

soooo....2 questions...

1. safe to assume that Dampierre is legal?
2. will BONE be played with the current version or patched?...

:rollseyes:

someone had to ask...

Thank you for asking! Dampierre is legal nao.
We will be playing on the patched version. :)

Will be in NYC for concert that day, sorry gents, I reserve the right to money match the winner however :3

Back