Sidestep then 6K or 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeven

[09] Warrior
Sidestep then 8K or 2K

We know that 88K and 22K are very nice moves. Auto jump, auto duck, sidesteps. woooo! But combining it with sidestep will make it even more crazy. Press 8 or 2, wait for the sidestep to finish and press 8K OR 2K right after, this will trigger 88K or 22K respectively. It's a lot of fun.

Using 8K or 2K post sidestep will help you dodge double attacks (and even stop the 3rd if there will be any). Sidestep dodges first attack. And depending on the opponent's character and specific attack, use either 8K or 2K. You'll counterhit stun them (I believe) if you successfully dodge both attacks like this.

If the opponent anticipates sidestep 8K or 2K and ducks a lot, use sidestep (8) followed by 9A or sidestep (2) followed by 3A. When using 9A or 3A post sidestep, you'll do 99A or 33A instead. It is a nice mid that you can use to catch duckers but it is punishable. So make sure you use it especially when you anticipate these ducks.

I ask everyone to verify what I've typed. I'm no expert :D. Good luck.

(EDIT: I fixed the errors--changed 6s and 4s to 8s and 2s. Changed "sidesteppers" to "duckers" in 3rd paragraph. Voops. ^^)

I dont get it. 4K and 6K dont sidestep, they throw you forward and I dont really understand what your saying about how to input them. :S And it might just be me, but 66K takes ages to initiate; kind of slow.

Hey just came across this thread.

Haeven, I really like how you think in terms of sidestepping and using her relatively good (in my opinion very good) 8-way-run moves to punish with. This is extremely vital to playing Talim, as her block punishing ability isn't very good.

One thing I'd like to point out though is that while step-6K is a decent move for counterhitting strings, you're really better off sidestepping and using 236B or the Ice wind combo (A+B, 236A, 236B) if you can pull it off reliably. These two moves knock down and do a lot more damage than 6K.

4K is fast and has good recovery, but other than that I don't see a place for it since there are better options post step.
As Jelly said, though, 66K is way too slow to interrupt most strings.

Dear lord I made a few mistakes in my post. Thx for replying, both of you.

I meant to say 8K or 2K. I will make the neccessary changes and please read my initial post again. And then try it out. :D

Dear lord I made a few mistakes in my post. Thx for replying, both of you.

I meant to say 8K or 2K. I will make the neccessary changes and please read my initial post again. And then try it out. :D

Well NOW you're making PERFECT sense.

ty ty I'm glad it's coming across now. :D

Try and check if it works and helps and report back ;). For example, try 8 (sidestep) 2K and see if you get 22K after the sidestep. All those things. Good luck. ;)

ty ty I'm glad it's coming across now. :D

Try and check if it works and helps and report back ;). For example, try 8 (sidestep) 2K and see if you get 22K after the sidestep. All those things. Good luck. ;)

Pretty sure 82K won't come out as 88_22K.

Well, even if it did, it's kinda pointless to step one way and come back the opposite way. You might end up flying back into the line of fire. But I get what he's trying to say.

Haeven, you know you can do that kind of thing while running at your opponent too right? Like doing a full speed run and pressing 2K to get 22K for example.

The hard ones are getting things like 44B or 44K to come out while running. You basically have to do a quick half circle backward in order to land it. Once you master this though it's really useful.

yea 22_88k has gotten me out of a lot of jams....at the end of a round it escapes the dreaded 2k-b mixup among other things...

Haeven, you know you can do that kind of thing while running at your opponent too right? Like doing a full speed run and pressing 2K to get 22K for example.

The hard ones are getting things like 44B or 44K to come out while running. You basically have to do a quick half circle backward in order to land it. Once you master this though it's really useful.

Yes I do that too. Run forward and all of the sudden, 8K sideways. :) Or, run, 9A or 9K in order to do 99A or 99K.

I'll try the run, 44B/44K.

ohoh yeah. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back